Leaf curl

MikealB

Can anyone tell me why my leaf tips are starting to curl ?

Attachments

• 20190225_210900.jpg
    20190225_210900.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 53
Can anyone tell me why my leaf tips are starting to curl ?
Needa see more pics really. Clawing looks like its overfeeding but the leaves still look pretty light aswell (could be the lighting though natural light would be best) so it could be PH is off causing some nutes to be blocked and taking in more of others.

Anymore information? Medium, strain, nutes, PH?
Take this advice. Please tell us everything you can, as well as shots without HPS lighting on them. We cant see the colour correctly.

Needa see more pics really. Clawing looks like its overfeeding but the leaves still look pretty light aswell (could be the lighting though natural light would be best) so it could be PH is off causing some nutes to be blocked and taking in more of others.
Will try and take better pics after work. Am told it my be cal-mag deficiency. Talked to someone that grew gg#4 and had the same problem.

Will try and take better pics after work. Am told it my be cal-mag deficiency. Talked to someone that grew gg#4 and had the same problem.
That wouldnt cause the clawing effect though. This is why im leaning towards PH problems. Showing deficiencies of one element and excess of others

I like Jack's Classic... Even in the yellow light a lot can be seen. The slight burn at the tips of the top growth along with the tip bend toward the roots tells me that your nute mix is just a bit strong at this point in time. The curling can also be a reaction to the pH being off a bit but I can see no other indications of deficiency that would confirm this. Mag deficiency is common, but usually presents as larger necrotic regions on the leaf edges with rust spots on leaves randomly situated around the plant. I don't think this is that, yet.

Back with an update, rechecked ph, running at 5.8 with a bluelab meter. Here are a couple new pics. I also noticed some red streaks, mag. deficiency I assume. Started adding 5 ml. of cal-mag. Could the leaf tips clawing be to much nitrogen ? Thought I would flush them with straight water. The red streaks are only on a few leaf stems and not on tje main stem.

Attachments

• 20190226_163500.jpg
    20190226_163500.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20190226_163508.jpg
    20190226_163508.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20190226_163522.jpg
    20190226_163522.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 54
I haven't had a chance to go back and recheck but if you are running in soil then your pH at 5.8 is completely incorrect. Your soil should be running around 6.5. That being said, I would go back and read the previous post by Emilya.....very good information there.
Also, no, streaked stems can be signs of deficiencies but not always. They can also be strain based.

even in coco i wouldn't go down to 5.8 in veg, id go 6ph until bloom. The second set of pics look better. Although slightly over watered but that's to be expected after a good flush, Might i suggest pots relative to your plant size to reduce said overwatering since smaller pots dry up quicker and are also much easier to fix issues since any problems can very easily be flushed away and replaced without overwatering. When in doubt, flush with ph water then go 2:blushsmile:1 plus an all-rounder to cover your micro nuits and deficiencies. I use either Go green or monstabud but both are aussie products. good luck

How Late in the game can you transplant auto flowers? There 28 days old and in 3 gallon pots. Looks like they have all the symptoms of being root bound.

Transplanting them would do less harm than leaving them rootbound,if that's actually the problem-Hard to believe a 28 day old plant can already be rootbound in a 3 gallon pot-
I grow mine in 3 gallons through to harvest,and it's never been a problem-but I grow in soil,coco may be a little different...

Back
Top Bottom