Leaf problem

Newgrower2022

We had a seed that came from a roach joint so unsure of what kind it is. And now we have a few leaves with problems any it ideas on the kind of plant and what kind of problem we are in week 2 of flowering. She is in a 5 gallon fabric pot with 600w light using fox farm trio nuts and promix organic soil
16544432491561367662171282889003.jpg
16544432369773337411426395646346.jpg

Hi Newgrower2022

The overall look of your plant is healthy, though it's hard to say what sort of cannabis you have, the broad leaf does not look very sativa-ish. It could be a mostly indica or hybrid. On the other hand, she stretched nicely and is rather leggy and lanky, so on that score does not look very indica-ish. What kind of weed was in the roach? :D

As for the leaf, it does not look as healthy as the rest of the plant. It looks slightly yellow, suggesting there might be a nutritional deficiency of some kind. The injury on the edge reminds me of a windburn or other irritation, or possibly pests of some kind. Thrips, mites? Take a close look all over the plant, use a microscope to look closer at anything you spot. Check the under sides of the leaves.

It is normal for plants to lose or retire fan leaves as the plants age in flowering, and it matters where on the plant they were. Was the leaf in your photo lower down on the plant? Did you cut this leaf off, or did it fall off by itself? How many leaves look like this?

Here's a shot of my Acapulco Gold from 2020 at about 6 weeks into flower:

Hi Newgrower2022, in responding to you I forgot to mention a possible need for potassium. In flower, K is often needed in an increased amount. A K-deficiency can produce yellowing and burnt edges on leaves, which may be what is starting to happen with your plant.

If your plant does not improve, I suggest you apply seaweed concentrate in a very diluted amount directly to the leaves. It's just a guess. It won't harm your plant if I am wrong, and it may be the thing you need. Good luck! Emeraldo

Hi @Newgrower2022 and welcome to the forum!

I think your whole plant, and that leaf, are looking pretty good actually. Nice deep green color. The plant looks quite similar to the Gelato cross plants that I'm currently growing, which are 65% indica, very high THC, and supposed to produce very large buds. I noticed minor leaf issues on my plants, like the downward curl of this one on your plant...

1655530819276.png

... but those leaf issues resolved over time without me doing anything special. Here's my Gelato cross...

gelato_cross1.jpg

Hi Newgrower2022

The overall look of your plant is healthy, though it's hard to say what sort of cannabis you have, the broad leaf does not look very sativa-ish. It could be a mostly indica or hybrid. On the other hand, she stretched nicely and is rather leggy and lanky, so on that score does not look very indica-ish. What kind of weed was in the roach? :D

As for the leaf, it does not look as healthy as the rest of the plant. It looks slightly yellow, suggesting there might be a nutritional deficiency of some kind. The injury on the edge reminds me of a windburn or other irritation, or possibly pests of some kind. Thrips, mites? Take a close look all over the plant, use a microscope to look closer at anything you spot. Check the under sides of the leaves.

It is normal for plants to lose or retire fan leaves as the plants age in flowering, and it matters where on the plant they were. Was the leaf in your photo lower down on the plant? Did you cut this leaf off, or did it fall off by itself? How many leaves look like this?

Here's a shot of my Acapulco Gold from 2020 at about 6 weeks into flower:
Thank you she is doing pretty good now she is in week 4 of flowering and she is the only not affected by a problem caused after giving banana tea to them. We just harvested an Acapulco Gold last week here is her before we cut her down and one of her buds
received_1085601285411710.jpeg
IMG_20220611_193725043.jpg

Hi @Newgrower2022 and welcome to the forum!

I think your whole plant, and that leaf, are looking pretty good actually. Nice deep green color. The plant looks quite similar to the Gelato cross plants that I'm currently growing, which are 65% indica, very high THC, and supposed to produce very large buds. I noticed minor leaf issues on my plants, like the downward curl of this one on your plant...

1655530819276.png

... but those leaf issues resolved over time without me doing anything special. Here's my Gelato cross...

gelato_cross1.jpg
Thank you for your help. It might be we should hope we figure out soon lol. And it did resolve its self after a little while with nothing different

Back
Top Bottom