Leaf Problems

Greenethumb42

What would make the leaves where the bud sites are what would make them small and almost look like there wrinkled..it's not real bad but it's bugging me..they are almost 6 weeks old and it is day 6 of flower..bad thing I don't know what strain they are...I did have a scrogg net on but I took it off come to find out that I was doing it wrong..I flipped them to early but we learn from are mistakes so I took it off and I'm going to just let them go how they want..for the most part they are healthy..well they look to me..the littler plant is a for sure female but the one on the right hasn't showed all the way yet but I'm pretty sure it's a female too..the little one showed sex at 4 weeks old..here's a couple pics you guys tell me what you think
20160116_224348.jpg
20160116_224222.jpg
20160116_224135.jpg
20160116_224117.jpg
20160111_021457.jpg

Re: $$(Leaf-Problems) $$

Well I see some decent nitrogen overdosing there. You are on the verge of full blown toxicity. Heck of a week for it. I never really see it that much on her even though it is like the most common problem out there. I have run into it like at least 6 times in the last 3 days. maybe more. I lost count.

Soon you will see reduced vigor and growth. The leaf tips are starting to turn down already too.

You should give them a decent flush. Luckily you probably don't have a root problem so we don't have to do the full attack like with most people. Just a good flush and then get the pH back in line and you should be good to go.

If you don't know what I mean about flush that means running around 3-5 times the size of the pot worth of water through it and then 2 more pH'd. I usually take them to the bath tub and run them until the water is clear and then another 15 min if you want to do it correctly.

And likely it got that way from not watering correctly. You want 10-15% of the water you put in to come out as run off. So you keep watering until a good amount comes out.

:goodluck:

I just flushed them both last week it is mostly on the bigger one..that's what I thought was wrong to..the reason is when I was using my foxfire nuts..I started with grow big first instead of Big Bloom..but this feeding I got it right 3tsp Big Bloom 2tsp Grow Big 2tsp Tiger Bloom and 1/4tsp Open Sesame..next week when I feed do you think it would be a good idea to skip the Grow Big..other then that do they look good..and do you think the will produce a good bit of bud

And my ph..when I feed them tonight my ph was 6.5 and my run off on the little one was 6.5 and 6.4 on the bigger one..the wrinkled leaves are mostly on the bigger one..and the growth hasn't slow down any

Yeah they look good ... I am always very pessimistic so you will rarely hear me say it looks great if you want a straight answer. I grow great stuff and I rarely think my stuff looks decent. LOL

Just tread lightly. I don't know those nutes and I try to avoid nutes all together. If it were me I would brew up my tea and use that on those and leave out the high nitrogen ferts for a while.

I don't mean to side track you though.

If you want to stay on your program back off half of what you have been doing. Better to run light as you can always bring them back. but burn or like in your case Toxicity does not recover. Those leaves that are clawed and too green will stay that way. They will be the first to wither and fall off down the road.

I was a little cautious at first and was going to write that you must have fixed it already because the new growth looks healthy. So I think your flush worked and you are on the rails again.

Good job! :thumb:

Thanks for the info..but there isn't no better way to learn then from your own misstakes..but I am going to cut back on the N just to be safe..also after I flushed them last week the last gallon I but in I added some molasses to my ph water..I heard it's good for magnesium also the sugar helps with the resin production..I also heard that you can use to much too so I'm going to stop using the molasses about week 8 or 9

Adding molasses doesn't work just doing that. You need to read up on it. It is a great thing to do but you have to process it down first. Every hydro store has has pre-processed molasses. Every nute manf. makes some. It is a bit spendy like $40 for a gallon but a gallon goes a long ways.

It is all the same. I don't get brand loyal for things like taking a waste byproduct from the sugar industry and bottling it for a huge markup. Most of what you read on the label like "also includes amino acids" and such is what the molasses breaks down into so it is a bunch of marketing propaganda. I use sugaree but that doesn't mean it is better. I doubt anyone has done enough proper side by side analysis to have a real opinion on this.

As far as sex goes you are now day 7 of 12/12? if so you should be able to find the evidence by now. If not is is due to the stunting and recovery process. You really should have waited to flip to 12/12 until you saw significant rebound. Don't worry patience is you best tool.

Back
Top Bottom