Leaves are dried out and twisted

morphin

Hello guys.

Couple of days ago I changed my MH lamp to quantum boards in grow room.
Also I have covered walls with reflector. After that I saw some leaves are dried out and twisted.
I'm using the same reflector and quantum boards at bloom room (for about 4 months) and I never had the problem at there.
Because of that I can't find any reason and I need your expert opinion.

Room temperature: 25C (min 19C at nights - max 27C)
Humidity: %40-50

The problem looking immobile.

20200111_164823.jpg
20200111_164816.jpg

Room and light view.

20200111_164507.jpg

As you can see in the picture below, most of the problem exist on the right side of the room. I didn't hang reflector at the Left side yet.

20200111_164512.jpg

I'm using same setup at bloom room and never saw the problem before.
Can you please tell me, what is the problem and what should I do? :Namaste:

Lights look pretty high, how high are they

Looks burnt but top isn't as bad

90-100cm I think.

I was using 600W MH at same height. Now I have 120W * 3 = 360W Quantum boards but now the light is more bright and it has 2700K 4000K and 660nm UV + RED fullspectrum led lights. The MH was 6000K only.

Maybe after the hard change, some of the plants are can not adopt the new light and it make them sad? Is that possible?

If it is than I must lower the wattage at %60 or something like that. Now I'm using it at %90.

Something else is up

Spray with anything

Is the room hot

I'm using spider mite medicine with spray but not too much. It's not new and the problem never happened before.
I spray only when the lights are off.

Room isn't hot. We're at Winter and the max temp is 27 at 1 month history. Currently 19C when lights are off and 22-25C on. But the heater works at 35C and it's near them "as you can see in the picture" to keep the temperature constant.

It brings a new idea; Maybe the problem related to combination of humidity, temprature and light. My humidity device wasn't running due to winter but the heater decreased the humidity and because of that leaves are dried and the light easly burnt them. Is it sound logical to you?

Maybe this the solution:
1- Put the humidity device back
2- Decrease the light power to %60
3- Leaves should be moistened again by spraying water.
4- Heater must stay due to Winter

No clue

Ya burnt em somehow that's for sure
All I run Are QBs, and yers are too far away,so not a light issue

Maybe reflection of that film...not sure that even helps...maybe pull it and see

And spraying at night dosent mean it won't burn the leaves... That spray would be the 1st thing I'd stop

No clue

Ya burnt em somehow that's for sure
All I run Are QBs, and yers are too far away,so not a light issue

Maybe reflection of that film...not sure that even helps...maybe pull it and see

And spraying at night dosent mean it won't burn the leaves... That spray would be the 1st thing I'd stop

Reflector helps a lot, I have measured with lux meter and it give least %30 more light.
But the light source directly affects the same area and it is not a problem because it is far away. The reflector is constantly shaking with the effect of the wind because it is not stable. As you can see in the picture, I taped the underside to a stool. This constantly changes the reflection of light at the right side of the room. Which is the problem have started at there. So I can't say reflector burns it, but it's still a reason ofc.

In the other hand the reflector should stay. I don't wanna waste my light and electricity anymore. :hmmmm:

I've just had something very much the same with a couple of small plants.
My light lowered itself and fried my plants, a bit strange but the top growth wasn't affected.
I watered them, they stalled for a few days but they are now bouncing back.IMG_20200107_183638.jpgIMG_20200107_183610.jpg

Back
Top Bottom