Leaves twist and curling down

Mcox420

I’ve been growing this plants since back in November. Most of the grow has been struggle free. The other this lady popped her pistols. However though today saw that’s the leave’s began to twist and curl down. Please help solve the problem asap

896947C6-9902-4E09-A6F1-97AF4D102BA3.jpeg

FDEC081A-2390-471F-A501-112D736B3A64.jpeg

1E6D2D05-3A1D-4EF4-988C-C2417C1B6372.jpeg

102D27A1-B2A7-4A4D-AF73-EA8BC4A63C9E.jpeg

97B7BA10-8A4F-4919-AA8B-7A60C59F6A90.jpeg

5 gallon pot.
Feed once a week
Water every 2-3 days when I see the medium starts to dry on the top
What's your nute regimen, how much liquid volume going into your medium (what is medium), and you check runoff?

EDIT: Maybe salts buildup, since you been vegging since November. One flush might be in order.

Like the others are saying, it is not that big of a problem. Reduce or eliminate any fertilizing session that has nitrogen in it so the plant can use up what is available from the soil is an easy way. Doing a soil flushing might also work but a bit more work.

Maybe it is me and my eyes but I do not see any pistils (stigmas) so there should be time to work out the problem.

I tend to agree... maybe too much N. Beautiful, big fan leaves. The plants look to be growing really strong, and maybe not getting enough water. I notice you don't have anything under the pot to catch excess water, so maybe you are being conservative with water. Excuse if you are already doing this, but I recommend a tub under there, then dump your excess water. I'm sensing that the energy of the plant's growth – abundance of new leaves and leaf size – is outpacing the pot size. I use 15 gal. homemade smart pots. Good luck! :)

Based on all your great info. I have decided to flush my plant and transplant from a 5 gallon to a 10 or 15. I still do have one question how well I know when i fixed the problem? Will the leaves un curl and untwist? I’m a first timer.

Based on all your great info. I have decided to flush my plant and transplant from a 5 gallon to a 10 or 15. I still do have one question how well I know when i fixed the problem? Will the leaves un curl and untwist? I’m a first timer.
Things should go well, but the plant(s) may take a week or 2 to stabilize and show improvement. I recommend good quality coconut coir in your soil mix, because it both helps water penetrate into the soil and also holds water. Peat moss I think does the same thing, but it is acidic while coir is neutral.

Things should go well, but the plant(s) may take a week or 2 to stabilize and show improvement. I recommend good quality coconut coir in your soil mix, because it both helps water penetrate into the soil and also holds water. Peat moss I think does the same thing, but it is acidic while coir is neutral.
Thanks. That’s actually what I have the plant in now. A mixture of coir, perlite and vermiculite

Thanks. That’s actually what I have the plant in now. A mixture of coir, perlite and vermiculite
Ok, then your basically growing a coco grow, feeding and watering are different from soil grows, as are many of the nutes and the feeding amounts. I’m a soil guy, but I don’t believe you let coco go dry, and you feed daily, hopefully a coco grower will weigh in.

Ok, then your basically growing a coco grow, feeding and watering are different from soil grows, as are many of the nutes and the feeding amounts. I’m a soil guy, but I don’t believe you let coco go dry, and you feed daily, hopefully a coco grower will weigh in.
I think feed is more but pH is less due to daily watering... but I've been known to be wrong more than right haha.

What can I give my plants for this. She still reacts to like so as long as she is some kind of life then I will try everything up until she actually makes a full recovery or dies
Chances are you get enough boron from your nutes, but boron is best absorbed when you pH 6-6.5. Boron is removed in RO water and some filtered water. What kine of water you using, and do you stager pH your water/feed?

I’d bring in @Emilya

She’s my go to… and one of your only chances to bringing it back.

I see nitro tox right off the bat (the clawing at the tips), but something else going on with the edges like potassium or calcium def. Not sure if N locks out K, but a semi flush, repot, feed is definitely in your future.

She’s not gone yet my friend…

I just reread everything….
If you’re treating this like a soil grow… that’s the issue.

You need to be feeding at a lower pH 5.8-6.1 treating it like a hydro/soilless/coco grow.

Feed once (at least) a day at 1/4+ strength until you get it dialed in.

I’ll probably read this again and find something else… I’m high.

Back
Top Bottom