Leaves twist and curling down

See that hole in the leaf in the last picture? See the white spots on several of the leaves? You haven't even taken it out of the aquarium per our advice?? Sorry, but I am 99% sure you have mites. If you don't solve this problem fast, your buds will be filled with mites and not worth smoking, if your plants even get that far.

yeah there's fucked up leaves showing what looks like russet damage if you look deeper in. sadness.
i'd destroy it all.

Please refer to How to Ask for Grow Support

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

Is the soil or soilless mixture moist or dry to the touch if you place your finger in the medium?
what are the day and night cycle temperature and humidity ?

In the photographs the plant is displaying too high pH levels in the soilless mixture. The downward curled tips of the fan leaves are indicating abnormal growth from excessively high pH levels in the soil which do not allow the plant to access the nutrients which are unavailable at high pH levels. Above the normal the range where a cannabis plant is easily able to use nutrients without complicated multi step process. The result is the energy which is used for growth is largely spent on carrying out nutrient conversions to access the plants nutrient requirements resulting in both slow and abnormal growth. The high pH levels are creating other forms of nutrient bonds which when broken supply the plant with excess nitrogen causing nitrogen toxicity and creating the dark coloured rolled up older growth leaves. The pH imbalance issue now is affecting the new vegetative growth displayed by the curled twisting and light yellow to light green coloration of the new growth indicating the form of nitrogen is less available.

What is the pH of your water source? Is the water Source soft or hard water? When you mix together the nutrients into water what order are you adding the nutrients? Are you stirring the nutrient to mix with the water and allowing time for the mixture to settle before again adding further nutrients?

When you water your plant are you watering sufficiently to allow the runoff to remove excess unused metabolites from the grow medium?

To correct the plants issues I would flush the growing medium with pH 5.8 adjusted water with at least 5 times the volume of water as pot size and return the soilless mixtures pH back to normal pH range level which shall allow the plant to most easily access the nutrient available in normal pH range. Continue to adjust the nutrient mixture to pH 5.8 for soilless mediums to maintain the soils pH within optimal pH range for your cannabis plants .

I do not recommend that lemon juice is used to adjust the nutrient mixtures pH. When I had tried using lemon juice to adjust the pH levels of the nutrient levels for my cannabis plants the costs of using lemon juice was 8 times greater or more than the purchase of pH down. Lemon juice is mild and does not allow pH stable adjustment without a large volume increasing the PPM strength with unusable elements. The sodium benzoate preservative in the lemon juice will harm your cannabis plants.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soilless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

full

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

full

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate contains sodium levels too high to use with cannabis plants and will either cause sodium toxicity or be at cause of nutrients becoming bound in unusable locked out forms the cannabis plants are not able to use as nutrients.
I’ve used it in every single one of my organic grows and Mega Crop grows and never had an issue.

Too much of any nutrient can lock you out. Use in moderation.

Back
Top Bottom