Twisted growth

Hey Bluter these mites are only on weed yes? I’m asking because I don’t want anyone else with a regular garden coming over and infesting my grow. CL🍀

phyto pretty well answered it.

russets got sub-named hemp mites because of their preference for the plant, but they do infect other plants, notably tomato plants, but there are number of others including some house plants. most other plants usually have a better outcome though, it seems they are far more fatal to cannabis / hemp.

phyto pretty well answered it.

russets got sub-named hemp mites because of their preference for the plant, but they do infect other plants, notably tomato plants, but there are number of others including some house plants. most other plants usually have a better outcome though, it seems they are far more fatal to cannabis / hemp.
I dealt with pests all last year outdoors and I damn sure don’t want to again indoors. CL🍀

I dealt with pests all last year outdoors and I damn sure don’t want to again indoors. CL🍀

i shifted all my indoor home growing to the fall and winter months from sept to may. i normally take the summer months off and clean the grow spaces out at that time.

it greatly reduces the chances of any pest infections, but won't eradicate it entirely. i had mites in january once at -40c below. they got carried in by another grower that was running a yr round perp. he'd got infected much earlier in the year and chose not to deal with it proper.

edit : mites and other pests indoor get dangerous as there are no natural predators to keep them down.

the one exception is russets. russets destroy whole crops even outdoor. they've evolved to avoid the natural predators, which is why the majority of their lifecycle is spent inside the tissue of the plant.

i shifted all my indoor home growing to the fall and winter months from sept to may. i normally take the summer months off and clean the grow spaces out at that time.

it greatly reduces the chances of any pest infections, but won't eradicate it entirely. i had mites in january once at -40c below. they got carried in by another grower that was running a yr round perp. he'd got infected much earlier in the year and chose not to deal with it proper.

edit : mites and other pests indoor get dangerous as there are no natural predators to keep them down.

the one exception is russets. russets destroy whole crops even outdoor. they've evolved to avoid the natural predators, which is why the majority of their lifecycle is spent inside the tissue of the plant.
That's what makes them so hard to eradicate, you can kill all the external ones with a topical spray, but it often doesn't kill the ones embedded in the tissues. You can use a systemic, but I really don't like poisoning the plant tissues, then consuming it later. Totally agree that the only real way to deal with them is a scorched earth approach!!!!! Most times you never see the mites, the damage is what is usually used as a diagnostic.

By the amount of ptsd I'm witnessing here, I am grateful I haven't had to deal with this sort of mites (hopefully never will).

Not much to add here except just wanted to mention that Broad mites also live inside of the plant tissue, but the damage they cause looks a bit different than what was seen here, so maybe irrelevant.

By the amount of ptsd I'm witnessing here, I am grateful I haven't had to deal with this sort of mites (hopefully never will).

Not much to add here except just wanted to mention that Broad mites also live inside of the plant tissue, but the damage they cause looks a bit different than what was seen here, so maybe irrelevant.
I'm with ya on that, never had em, don't want em! The "Borg" are tough enough to deal with!

maybe @Fredthesmoker has broad mites instead of russets. they can be close to as bad, but i think they take longer to get to critical. i'm pretty sure you can see broad mites easier though.

edit : broad mite eggs are easier to identify as they have a unique surface.

I’m 16 days into a full bleach and clean reset from russets- my best advice is for you to just take your scope down there, you’ll know if you have them or not. How’s the lower half of the plant, that’s what they decimate first in my personal experience. Get your scope down there asap if you haven’t already- I spent months misdiagnosing thinking I had fusarium, pythium something along those lines. It was russet mites the entire time.

I’m 16 days into a full bleach and clean reset from russets- my best advice is for you to just take your scope down there, you’ll know if you have them or not. How’s the lower half of the plant, that’s what they decimate first in my personal experience. Get your scope down there asap if you haven’t already- I spent months misdiagnosing thinking I had fusarium, pythium something along those lines. It was russet mites the entire time.
My plants are full of mite eggs.. Did you try micronized sulfur before deciding to take down all plants? I still wait for mine to arrive, but it seems a lot of growers have succes using it.

Until now i took away three of the most infested plants, and sprayed the last ones down with abamectin.. New growth have been sprouting out, but still there are a lot of eggs, ready to hatch, so i really need this sulphur now, since i guess i cannot use abamectin more than twice, and dont want to use it further in flower..

Later i will introduce predator bugs

My plants are full of mite eggs.. Did you try micronized sulfur before deciding to take down all plants? I still wait for mine to arrive, but it seems a lot of growers have succes using it.
Until now i took away three of the most infested plants, and sprayed the last ones down with abamectin.. New growth have been sprouting out, but still there are a lot of eggs, ready to hatch, so i really need this sulphur now, since i guess i cannot use abamectin more than twice, and dont want to use it further in flower..

Later i will introduce predator bugs
Nope- I didn’t want to worry about if there was any left around/ prolonging what I felt an inevitable reset. I didn’t have anything worth preserving imo and I just wanted to get back to good clean growing as fast as I could. I wish you good luck 👍🏼

Anyone know how to make micronized sulphur wettable ? 😄
It should be easy to find wettable sulphur ready to be used. Might even find it pre-mixed and in a spray bottle. Read the warnings that deal with using it on plants and especially if you have used anything with an oil or are planning on using any type of oil, even an organic oil.

It should be easy to find wettable sulphur ready to be used. Might even find it pre-mixed and in a spray bottle. Read the warnings that deal with using it on plants and especially if you have used anything with an oil or are planning on using any type of oil, even an organic oil.
Thanks. Finally found it. Its just called something like fungi-free in mu country

I applied neem oil nine days ago. Had a couple of applications in between. But maybe i should just wait five more days, since the instruction says to wait 14 days after oil treatment .. The comeback of russets just frightens me, and propably make me overdo it a little with all these applications 😄

Back
Top Bottom