Twisted growth

Fredthesmoker

Again new problems, which i have never seen before in my grow room. About a week ago i found thrips. And now i got this weird twisted growth.

Can anyone tell me what could possibly been going wrong?

I guess they are perfect green, except for the burned tips i got from a little over fertilize and too strong soap solution..

20230706_195553.jpg

Hi Mate -- if she's had a hard time recently, probably best to just wait a bit, see if it's a temporary reaction?
If it doesn't, maybe the overfeeding has blocked some micros Mn, B, Cu in which case a rinse followed by a micro/kelp tea might correct it

ALso my thirst thought, that they got a little hard time lately, even though most of them look bright green. But whats concern me the most, is its all of them got this twisted weird growth. Three different phenos.
Can you exclude from the look of it, that it could be broad mites ? I've been looking at underside of leaves, but see nothing movin

ALso my thirst thought, that they got a little hard time lately, even though most of them look bright green. But whats concern me the most, is its all of them got this twisted weird growth. Three different phenos.
Can you exclude from the look of it, that it could be broad mites ? I've been looking at underside of leaves, but see nothing movin
Twisted new growth is generally a problem with the root tips, [which directly affects new growth], or micros as mentioned above since micros are immobile so cannot be moved up from other parts of the plant

Twisted new growth is generally a problem with the root tips, [which directly affects new growth], or micros as mentioned above since micros are immobile so cannot be moved up from other parts of the plant
I've used a product called bio green garlic, which differs from what i used the last couple of grows. But i've used it for the last two weeks at full dose. - Which make me wonder if its the transition into flower phase which made the twisted growth combinated with bio green?

Would you recommend to flush the pots asap with half strength nutrient solution. Or should i let it dry for best harm reduction ?

I've used a product called bio green garlic, which differs from what i used the last couple of grows. But i've used it for the last two weeks at full dose. - Which make me wonder if its the transition into flower phase which made the twisted growth combinated with bio green?

Would you recommend to flush the pots asap with half strength nutrient solution. Or should i let it dry for best harm reduction ?
I don't know all the specifics, but I think I would just wait for them to dry out a bit and see what happens
If there's no improvement I would probably then put them in the shower and rinse the lot before regular feeding again

I'm curious why you think that is the perfect green? It looks very pale to me, I would be feeding that plant.
Does look a pale green in between the veins on the leaves.

The light might be a high pressure sodium and giving a yellow look to the photo. Might help if the original poster tried in a more natural light so we can see that the plants are a healthy green.

Does look a pale green in between the veins on the leaves.

The light might be a high pressure sodium and giving a yellow look to the photo. Might help if the original poster tried in a more natural light so we can see that the plants are a healthy green.
I will come back with new pictures later when lights on. Correct the light gives another look, even though the plant i took shots of, is the least good looking

If they were my plants, I would not wait for things to get worse. They'd be in the tub getting a Peroxide & water flush.
1 qt. / ltr. of Peroxide to 1 gallon of water is what I use to kill any larva in the soil. Not saying you have any, but if you need to flush anyway, why not add the Peroxide as a just in case. Besides, it helps provide oxygen to the roots.

Okay i was a little too fast. Now im 100% sure something is eating every single top of all the plants. It got so much worse during last night, even though i sprayed it with dr. Bronners peppermint. But it seems the actual pest doesnt mind at all. Also i have another full tent with blooming plants in week 7, but they doesnt seem to get hurt by them..

I have looked into which mite it could be, and im almost sure its broad mites.
Anyone can tell me what the best way to get rid of these as fast as possible, so i could save my plants?

The foto is not mine but looks 99,9 % like that

Screenshot_20230709_225429_Gallery.jpg

You sprayed it with just the dr. bronners ? I think that soap is normally added to an oil for this sort of purpose (like neem oil) as it emulsifies the mixture and helps it stay mixed together and cling to the leaves once sprayed.

A pic of your actual plant is much preferred to a reference that is like it.

I used mix of soap only. But im not sure which mite i got. With my microscope i see a lot of small white milky "eggs". But i dont see any bugs yet. But as you can see, its prettu bad. Do you think its possible to save them ?

Screenshot_20230710_103957_Gallery.jpg

Yes, I do think you could save them, but that's assuming we have the problem figured out. You say you can see eggs so one would think there is some critter laying them, but idk any critters where the eggs are bigger than the creature, so if you can see the eggs you should also see what laid them, so color me skeptical atm.

I just want to confirm, you are giving them some sort of micros either as part of their food or as a separate supplement? I saw @Roy Growin mention that and I didn't see a response.

If it is in fact bugs, I would say you need to get some neem or similar insecticidal oil to put with the dr. bronners.

Yes, I do think you could save them, but that's assuming we have the problem figured out. You say you can see eggs so one would think there is some critter laying them, but idk any critters where the eggs are bigger than the creature, so if you can see the eggs you should also see what laid them, so color me skeptical atm.

I just want to confirm, you are giving them some sort of micros either as part of their food or as a separate supplement? I saw @Roy Growin mention that and I didn't see a response.

If it is in fact bugs, I would say you need to get some neem or similar insecticidal oil to put with the dr. bronners.
I do give them advanced nutrients a+b, mykos and silica.. I just gave it one more look in the microscope, and still nothing.. Im starting to wonder if its some kind of disease rather than a pest. And maybe im wrong with these milky "eggs" and its just might a part of the leaf underneath. I really never looked that much underneath the leaves before, so i cant compare.. 😅

I do both have neem and peppermint/tea tree soap.. I will definitely gove it a try 👍😊

fuck it looks like hemp mites.

what's the background on your plants and general location ? do they have hemp farms anywhere near ? did you get outside clones or grow from seed ? have you brought plants in from outside ?

edit : to be clear i'm going on the frustrated weird bud tops with twisted growth immediately under. mostly by those tops though.

get a microscope and look for worms. regular loupe won't do it. heartbroken for you if it is true. i'd rather be wrong.

Barneys LSD from mothers.. No living plants in house, but them.
Im not on country and not near anything "dangerous" i guess. Its on first floor, but i moght think it came with my clothe. I've never payed any attension to any IPM, since i started. But trust me, now i know i should 😬

Back
Top Bottom