Leaves growing downwards and twisty: Help, pics

GodtyrLoki

Hey guys, I'm on my first grow at the moment and one of my plants is growing a little strange it seems to be kinda twisting the leaves as it grows and they are kinda pointing down. Is this anything to worry about or it it just how this plant is growing ... it seems to be keeping up in growth with the other plants ... it just growing weirdly lol ... could this be russet mites or broad mites doing this ... I heard the can give you twisty glossy leaves?
20190209_134738.jpg

20190209_134723.jpg

20190209_002229.jpg

I had some similar issues, first grow as well, problem is if you start reacting to a problem and misdiagnose it you could cause another problem or make a problem out of nothing.

Best thing to do is start with journal and record any changes your making

-Check water PH (with nutrients) - with coco was alternating between 5.7 and 6.1
-Water around the perimeter and don't saturate, only water again when first inch is dry...maybe water with just PH'd water ever second time if your concerned about a nutrient buildup.
-Use a coco safe base nutrient, like Sensi grow coco, don't go overboard at that stage 1/8 to 1/4 dose
-Following a feed schedule based on PPM is highly recommended, you want to slowly start adding more nutrients as your plants grow.

Remember coco coir needs added calcium and iron.

I had some similar issues, first grow as well, problem is if you start reacting to a problem and misdiagnose it you could cause another problem or make a problem out of nothing.

Best thing to do is start with journal and record any changes your making

-Check water PH (with nutrients) - with coco was alternating between 5.7 and 6.1
-Water around the perimeter and don't saturate, only water again when first inch is dry...maybe water with just PH'd water ever second time if your concerned about a nutrient buildup.
-Use a coco safe base nutrient, like Sensi grow coco, don't go overboard at that stage 1/8 to 1/4 dose
-Following a feed schedule based on PPM is highly recommended, you want to slowly start adding more nutrients as your plants grow.

Remember coco coir needs added calcium and iron.

yeah I PH at 5.9 usually .. feed at 650 ppm .. and i always start by watering the edges ... I was feeding every day but a few members did say the same not to water so much, then other people to tell me to water daily till 10% runoff because its coco haha

With all due respect - you start a thread everyday with minor perceived problems. You might want to relax, smoke a doobie and let the plant grow without critiquing every leaf every day. Good luck with your grow.

I know I'm fussing, but if anything goes wrong I want to be able to catch it early ... and with so much knowledge on the forums I don't want a fuck up because I was too scared to ask something haha

yeah I PH at 5.9 usually .. feed at 650 ppm .. and i always start by watering the edges ... I was feeding every day but a few members did say the same not to water so much, then other people to tell me to water daily till 10% runoff because its coco haha

I tried the 10% runoff and found I was over saturating, however I also started my seedlings in a 1 gallon smart pot so it was a little big...I know some people water from the bottom with good results, if your pot is in a saucer.

Sorry late to the post, what is your RH? Plants at the stage of yours need 70% RH! Also some of my plants twist and turn .. it's part of their genetics. I understand the freak out .. when anything weird happens - I used to freak out as well.. now I just wait a few days to see! No harm in asking. Your plants look very healthy otherwise. I agree .. check your RH and relax.

Sorry late to the post, what is your RH? Plants at the stage of yours need 70% RH! Also some of my plants twist and turn .. it's part of their genetics. I understand the freak out .. when anything weird happens - I used to freak out as well.. now I just wait a few days to see! No harm in asking. Your plants look very healthy otherwise. I agree .. check your RH and relax.

well I've been keeping my humidity at 60% ... but i can easily make it 70% by just turning my AC off

I couldn't agree more this looks like fluctuations in the Temp does it get hot then cool down really fast, what are your average temperatures for day and night time

well as soon as they start getting near 30 degree's i chuck the air con on which pulls them down to about 26 degrees ... but also reduces the humidity down to like 50% from around 65%

well as soon as they start getting near 30 degree's i chuck the air con on which pulls them down to about 26 degrees ... but also reduces the humidity down to like 50% from around 65%
26 seems just fine to me and that's still pretty good humidity it's probably a little heat stress I would get a fan on them and not worry they look pretty healthy otherwise

Back
Top Bottom