Leaving the grow room for a few days?

Bud Good

I was just wondering the best way for an indoor soil grower to go away for a few days at a time. I'm in my garden doing something at least every two days, I'm in there just to check things out at least twice a day... I just got to thinking how I would go away for a three or four day weekend. Of course if I were to water all my plants at the same time, I could go 5 days right now, considerably more after I up pot from one to three gallon pots tonight.

The problem is the plants closer to the fan use more water than the ones further away, and they've started needing water on different days. I've had to water at least one every day for the last four days. How long does it take for over watering to become an issue? Let's say that plant 'A' needed water on day 1 and I needed to leave for four days starting on day 3. The soil would still be wet on top, but the pot would be completely dry, and the plant likely dead, by the time I returned on day 7. Should I add a little water before I go and hope it's the right amount? Water until I get some runoff?

I believe I'd start the plants on a Gas Lantern routine, I assume that would reduce water usage slightly... If nothing else lower the temp a bit and reduce evaporation.

I'd like to set up a swick system, but probably won't be able to. I've spent WAY too much money in the last couple months on all my new supplies. I'm eating ramen noodles and might not be able to pay off my entire credit card balance this month. Of course, I can keep some balance on there if I have to, I just hate to do it. I figured it would be a couple hundred for swick stuff for all my plants.

I know I'm probably over thinking this, I tend to do that when I'm new to something.

TL;DR: Will one over watering hurt my plants?

You'll be fine man, I accidentally overwatered one of my girls and it took a little over a week to dry back out and get to normal. This is in 1 gal pots. You should definitely be okay. If you overwater it slightly it'll be fine, although overwatering is usually harder to come back from than under watering, you may just want to water normally in your 3 gal pot on day 1 then on day 3 just lightly water or soak from underneath for a few minutes. By the time you get back she'll be a bit dry and thirsty and it'll be an easy fix by just watering her. Hope everything works out! .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Google Blumats

I am setting my grow up now using them in coco, but in soil they really do well.
I designed my own layout for 5 plants purchased extra hose and quick disconnects, extra shut off valves.
It cost me around $120, hell of a deal.
Hell in soil once you got it dialed in, the size of the rez is your only limitations. You may want to give them a call they have great customer support. Ryan help me a lot in designing my lay out. I figure that once dialed in that with coco and an 18 gallon rez I can get away for at least a three day weekend even in flower.
The bottom one is very similar to my layout, only with 5 carrots and quick disconnects.

blumats_2.jpg

Give them a look,
GR

Those look awesome, thanks! Once I've got my grow moved down to my basement, I'll definitely get that system. I'm upstairs right now and I'm afraid I'd worry about the reservoir or hoses leaking the whole time I'm gone, and wouldn't enjoy the vacation. For now, I think I'll just chance it with one over watering.

Back
Top Bottom