LED and HP

Alen206

Why does my 1000 watt led light don't grow my plants faster then 1000 watts hp reflector once I put 1000 watt hp they started growing, but where one of the 100pwatts let grow light is those plants are growing slowly and my 1000watt hp reflector they grow fast and I have another 1000 watts led next to it

How many watts is your "1000 watt" LED lamp actually using? There is a "1000 watt" LED lamp at Amazon right now that actually uses only 185 watts)

How many watts is your 100 watt HP unit actually using?

That may tell you something.

Read up!

Why does my 1000 watt led light don't grow my plants faster then 1000 watts hp reflector once I put 1000 watt hp they started growing, but where one of the 100pwatts let grow light is those plants are growing slowly and my 1000watt hp reflector they grow fast and I have another 1000 watts led next to it

It could have been non light related too....

As plants age, roots sprawl, more leaves form the growth generally accelerates. What you noticed could have been pure coincidence with the lighting change as the plant was aging and hit that growth spurt part of the cycle.

Also, if an LED light is marked 1000w there is a very good chance that it is not actually drawing 1000w and could actually be much less. There are a lot of LED companies that have poor business ethics and name their LED lights by the "supposed replacement" that they say their light can replace. 9 times out of 10 the claim is false and nothing more than a marketing tactic with no actual evidence behind it. Other companies will list their LED light as 1000w but it only is drawing 500w or less, but they say they do this to the theoretical output or maximum output the light "could" be capable of which also is just poor business ethics IMO. Not saying this is what is happening in your situation but could very well be the case that you are using a LED that may only be drawing 500w, but it was called a 1000w light. LED's are efficicient, but not 50% more efficient than HID lights in terms of growing power.

Also 1000w HPS has a much higher amount of Far Red light than most LED lights do. This ratio in relation to the red output is very low on a HPS where most LED's have a much higher Far Red:Red ratio. The higher the ratio, the less stretch a plant will have, and the lower the ratio, the more a plant will stretch. So what appears to be faster growth, could be just a factor of morphological growth effects (light and environmental effects on plant growth) where it appears to be growing faster, but yet its just stretching more.

There could be a lot of factors that are making this happen.

Back
Top Bottom