LED yield per square metre

Those plants look awesome to me!

Are you seeing any sign of light bleaching or other light-related problems that makes you worry, especially at the center where the light is most intense? If not, from what I can see, you're doing fine!

If it's bleaching the tips simply move it up slightly, otherwise go lower until it just starts bleaching them to know you have enough light.
Light is like horsepower, the only time you are sure you have enough is when you have too much ;-)

If it's bleaching the tips simply move it up slightly, otherwise go lower until it just starts bleaching them to know you have enough light.
Light is like horsepower, the only time you are sure you have enough is when you have too much ;-)

It seems like it's the same thing with fertilizing: the only way to know that you're giving as much as it can take is to give it more than enough and then back off.

Thx guys. There was a guy on hash church a few weeks back talking about the new things were learning about led's or lighting in general with regards to Cannabis and I couldn't find his postings anywhere and now I cant remember his first name but him and growmou5 and you very much interest me. Im not anyone special. Just a fkd up disabled guy at 44 that got Arthritis at 16, now after stupidity letting go of my only possibility of a future (paid off house with a pool in cali) for love to find out she is dysfunctional as are most here right out of Gummo, i find myself a Disabled Grower with AS in a prohibition state that is in a real pickle. Looks like im gonna be a reverse Marujuana Refugee cause i used to live near LA.

Just a little input.

Don't go CFL unless you get them for free!

Of the shelf LED's are overpriced and inefficient, most not much more effective than HID and you'd have to match watt for watt and not save anything on the electricity bill anyway ven though you shell out much more upfront!

Don't wanna get into thrashing specific LED companies, so I'll trash them all ;) No LED company use the latest tech they're all at least a year behind DIY.
Sure, blurple's will grow fine meds, but so will HID at a lot less upfront.

Basically anything between HID and DIY COB's/QB's is a waste of money in the long run, so it boils down to this:
HID = low upfront cost and high maintanence/electricity cost - 35% of electricity is converted to light
DIY = High upfront cost and low maintanence/electricity cost - up to 65% of the electricity is converted to light

I think 4x 600w HID is a bit on the low side though, 6x would be decent giving you 600w per 1,5 m2 (in my opinion that's stretching it)

Even if you have the money and willingness to get into DIY, with you being a new grower I'd recommend getting HID and learn to grow and down the road supplement with DIY and eventually go all DIY when you have a better understanding of your needs and your HID's have grown several kilo ganja ;)
600w HID has higher output per watt than 1000w HID.

Yield per m2 is a lot more down to the strain and the gardener than the light.

With SoG in that big a room you'll need some automatic watering lest you want to have a full time job watering all plants once or twice a day, I advice that you start out trying to mainly grow normal/medium size plants in around 11L pots, but throw in some smaller and maybe bigger pots so you can see what fits your style.

Back
Top Bottom