LEDs and seedlings

Yeah give it a try. Don’t forgot to either tag me in it so I can find it easier, or tag a link here in this thread so we all can find it :thumb:

:thumb:

How about light schedule for seedlings? Does it need to different than when they are in Veg/Bloom stage? I know you don't have to change it during Veg/Bloom being that I'm planting autos, but wasn't sure about seedlings?
I typically run my autos 18/6 for the full run - start to end.

I'm about 50ish days into a run using a Roleadro 600w (which only pulls 200 actual watts), so it's probably in a similar ballpark to your light, and 30" was the magic distance for me. Had some odd color/twisting in the 18"-24" range. At 30" everything started coming in normal. I've been staying at 18/6 and they're growing like mad!
FF2B312C-F078-4C91-9646-C87E4525EFFF.jpeg

I love the Viparspectra for seedlings and veg they have so much blue that they keep seedlings real squat. Wouldn't fancy flowering with them. One thing I have found is the plants don't like it for a few days if you switch them over to HPS, must be the different spectrum.

I use the Vipar 300w and also have some 450w that I use exclusively for seedlings and veg, I introduce a 400w Dual spectrum HPS alongside the Vipar's a few weeks before I flip then go HPS. The Vipar's may not be all that powerful but keep them at a good distance.
Just keep an eye on the leaves if they are not standing up shouting hallelujah and asking for more then you have the lights to close.

I love the Viparspectra for seedlings and veg they have so much blue that they keep seedlings real squat. Wouldn't fancy flowering with them. One thing I have found is the plants don't like it for a few days if you switch them over to HPS, must be the different spectrum.

I use the Vipar 300w and also have some 450w that I use exclusively for seedlings and veg, I introduce a 400w Dual spectrum HPS alongside the Vipar's a few weeks before I flip then go HPS. The Vipar's may not be all that powerful but keep them at a good distance.
Just keep an eye on the leaves if they are not standing up shouting hallelujah and asking for more then you have the lights to close.
Sitting at 35" above just popped seedling right now.

I'm about 50ish days into a run using a Roleadro 600w (which only pulls 200 actual watts), so it's probably in a similar ballpark to your light, and 30" was the magic distance for me. Had some odd color/twisting in the 18"-24" range. At 30" everything started coming in normal. I've been staying at 18/6 and they're growing like mad!
FF2B312C-F078-4C91-9646-C87E4525EFFF.jpeg
Do you plan on staying at 30" above?

Seedlings don’t need much light to get going, but if the light is too high, the seedlings will start stretching. This comes with experience but you need to find a happy medium with your light for said plants.

I use a small 2’ T5 light for my veg plants all the way up to about 4-5 weeks old. I only have a small 18” inside to inside veg box so they can only live in it for so long. T5 is all a person needs for seedlings. I understand people have what they have and use what they use, but again it’s just up to you to figure out a method to your madness. We’re only here to help, and suggest. It’s up to you to do the rest! :thumb:

I started at 35" above because I didn't want to over do it at first. I realize they will stretch if i'm too high but I figured I'd adjust it down when I felt like the girls got started and looked healthy. I'm a Nervous Nelly right now and trying not to over think things! lol

Yes I think I remember someone saying that above now. Start at that height and move it down slowly till you find the sweet spot. Which is a good idea, but it’s also a slippery slope, because it may take 2-3 days before you realize that the height is either too high or too low. It’s pretty easy to see if it’s A either too high or B too low. Just need to know what your looking for.

No need to be nelly! Pull off that bandaid and believe in your self! You’ve done everything necessary to get your self started. You bought supplies, you’ve done your homework, researched for days! All that’s left is to put it all to work!

I look forward to when you get this adventure started!

I've got mine about 35" above seedlings to start. Maybe a little too far? didn't want to give to much right at the beginning!
That is fine. During seedling, plants don't need too much light :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom