LEDs For Growing

jimdaworm

Hi everyone. I am not sure if this is the right place but I am curious about LEDs. I recently went to an exposition and they were selling LED lights for growing. I have since been reading that in theory they should be really good, consuming very little energy generating very little heat etc.

I have yet to find any examples of people actually using them to grow marijuana and their experiences.

Anyone know anything about them?
:peace:

Thanks for the info;) It still seems like there isnt really any conclusive evidence that they work as it sounds like they should in theory. Maybe they are not an alternative but more like somthing you might use in a mixed lighting environment.

If these work, they will change a lot of things such as notice of big electric bills and high heat noticed by planes and choppers.
A very useful item for a crowded planet.
This country can use a good cottage industry. They can't raid everybody-------can they?

well I've been checking out the Leds and I found a place where I can buy all the single LED bulbs pre-wired with 18" of wire and their own resistor attached and their waterproof. they are sold 10 to a lot for $13 bucks I just got my first order of 10 red and 10 blue and now I'm waiting for the second order of 50 red, 50 blue and 20 amber, I will then assemble them in my custom cabinet that was once a bread storage bin at the local Subway sandwich shop which I picked up for free, it's perfect for a six plant hydro system I am building. the box is 6.5 ft. tall 2 ft. wide and 3 ft. deep. my plan is to start off 2 plants per bucket and veg them for a month with 24/7 Leds in a sequence of 60 blue Leds, 20 red Leds and 20 amber Leds then after a good month I'll switch the lights to 60 red Leds, 20 blue Leds and 20 amber Leds with the flick of a switch and set the timer for 16 hours on and 8 hours off. I'll keep a log on the progress with pics and notes, also I have a heater that runs on 12 volt just like the Leds so I can add a little heat as we know the plants need some, this also will eliminate the need for serious ventilation and oder control as the higher the heat build up the more concentrated the oder so I'm off to the store to get a nute,s list filled and work on the box a bit. I'll keep ya'll informed.:grinjoint:

So your only going to veg with the LED's?

Hi Boss, that would be cool. I am sure a lot of people would be interested in your results, especially if you can keep everything appart from the lights constant :cool:

I would be more concerned about the particular wavelengths of light those LEDs were putting out. Then it would be much more simpler to judge whether the LEDs would be advantageous to the plants' growth needs.

Just an aside. I'm sure the wavelength info is out there, but I'm too lazy to look right now.
:nomo:

And what's up with the mysterious page 2 that never appears?????

:thedoubletake:

Well, with this particular post, that mystery is beyond investigation now. Crap.

Thanks for the info;) It still seems like there isnt really any conclusive evidence that they work as it sounds like they should in theory. Maybe they are not an alternative but more like somthing you might use in a mixed lighting environment.

I wouldnt use them unless your growing some plants with H.I.D lights and some that are Led but i will give it a shot and give you guys more info on that soon

Back
Top Bottom