Let coco dry out after putting seed in pot?

The123321

I have read that you are not supposed to let coco dry out. I am growing autos so I planted the seed in the 3 gallon fabric pot. Do you water the whole pot or only a few ounces of water every day for the first few days around the seedling? If you do only a few ounces the rest of the pot looks very dry. I do not want to over water the seedling but I also do not want problems if the coco is dry for a few days around the edges and in the bottom of the pot from only putting a few ounces of water around the seedling or is the dry coco ok for a few days until the seedling is in the pot a few days to them water the whole pot on there?

Thanks. The plants were up yesterday on there.
When I did my Coco grow I watered the whole plant but it was in 5 gallon grow bags & about 36 oz. of feed so I never got run off. I did that for about a week - 10 days before I started feeding to run off.

I have read that you are not supposed to let coco dry out. I am growing autos so I planted the seed in the 3 gallon fabric pot. Do you water the whole pot or only a few ounces of water every day for the first few days around the seedling? If you do only a few ounces the rest of the pot looks very dry. I do not want to over water the seedling but I also do not want problems if the coco is dry for a few days around the edges and in the bottom of the pot from only putting a few ounces of water around the seedling or is the dry coco ok for a few days until the seedling is in the pot a few days to them water the whole pot on there?
Coco is a PITA if you are using multiple liquid nutes. Seems like you are constantly mixing nutes. With Coco you feed twice a day in Veg & if you can do 3 times a day in flower that's even better.
Feeding Coco by hand is a job. Best to use some kind of auto feeder in coco.

and remember, never water near the stalk, water around the primeter of the outside most leaf, to encourage roots to grow outward, and also reduces the chance for stalk rot at the base. (damping off)

Back
Top Bottom