Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts

Fer da worm pop I like to add as much as I can without altering the texture too much castings can make the Coco less quick rod suck up water and hold a little too much water, so typically for a big block I like to doing 15 -20lbs in I like worm gold with volcanic dust and kelp added, if I don't have any of my home made wc ,I feed veg trim,stems and rootballs along with all they typical stuff you would feed, makes for some amazing wc cuz they are breaking down cannabis to become food for cannabis,they get the leftovers from bubble bag runs too:thumb:

IMG_20131207_175733.jpg
clones stripped b-4 going 12/12
IMG_20131224_170742.jpg

17 days into 12/12
Minerized 50% coco-25% verm-25% perlite
6-5-3

These are GHS "The Church" I transplanted one into a 3 Gal. Smart pot just to see how much more it would produce. I also have the same bigger clone went into flower alot healthier in a 1 gal smart pot, I have a clone growing in a 1 gal smart pot to veg a couple weeks more then transplant into a 5 gal smart pot. I will find out how much stretch I will get from a healthy plant going to 12/12. Just about everything I placed into flower were stripped.

I flowered a og kush twice in the same 3 gal smart pot and it produced twice as much as the first time and the rootmass was crazy the whole thing was solid roots I don't know where the Coco went I got abit 2 cups of Coco after beating it up for 10 min ,I think they can stay in smartpots a long time they just make more and more roots and that equals fruit! I'm starting to think I'm gonna be begging much longer than usual maybe 3-4 months and just keep topping, alternating so I harvest once a month and pull as much as 2-3 6 week vegged plants, the trick is keeping it wet and healthy,

No, I need to get some tea from them but also more. I thought I would come by and ask YOU. Ha ha. Even though I am going brix 2 plants in veg now. But I want to have it for my outside veg garden.:thanks:
This is why I came your way, The Coco Master!

my highest brix was in coco! i just followed the instructions curso laid out for me and tweaked it to coco, i find that in coco calcium and mag are macro level nutes well more and more were discovering that ca is more of a macro than previously thought it comes into focus alot in the high brix systems with ca being in many of the foliars and drenches, so im always extra liberal with ca and provide it in several forms ,and mag gets thrown in often and i double even triple the azomite ,it seems to really help with deficiencies and vigor,leaf shine,flavor and aroma really you cant go wrong with 70+ trace minerals i have had times where it looked like a def was starting i brew up some tea with ca,mag, and azomite give em a drench and within a day or 2 the problem disappears,im not saying its a cure all but it has helped me in the past, but i find preventing a def is better than a cure , the old saying "and oz of prevention is worth a lb of cure" defiantly applies:thumb:

It depends on my level of laziness, and if I'm gonna use a sprayer, or the water can, if your careful you can do it where you gently skim off the water without disturbing the stuff at the bottom, and sometimes I just strain it after brewing, it seems that you get more out of it by just tossing it in and filtering with a mesh bag used for paint, ,rather than the sock routine, and the sock tends to be a nasty mess to deal with, so basically I rarely use the sock, I like to dump the bottom layer of muck into the bin of Coco and mix it in no waste, no muss or fuss

IMG_20131224_170742.jpg
IMG_20131207_175733.jpg
IMG_20131227_111805.jpg
IMG_20131227_182230.jpg
Man! I got my refractor meter and had to test 1 of my 2 Liter 50% coco - 25% vermiculite - 25% perlite minerilzed with 6-5-3 hempy's, middle 3 leaf dark green folded& pressed between 2 penny and got enough to cover the glass and looked out the door and I see it's all the way up to 13.5 and it is root bound feeding with just fish emulation of all things I will change over to hydrolized but I want to make sure it is quality stuff got any suggestions? I need something yesterday to start pushing the swelling of the buds what would you suggest? Damn i'm high it took me 35 mins to type this..

Can you shoot me the info that Cursor sent or is it in a blog?
I will order those in the coming weeks I'm just going to finish only 6 oz left.
Did you use the products outside in the garden?
I gave her a shot of bat guano,that should make her jump.
Thank you BID.
P.s. garlic press:)

Aside from lighting, deciding wich medium to use was the second hardest part for me. I have decided to use coco. Im going to grow from a pot. I will one day convert or have as well a hydro setup. But for now I thought I can be introduced to soiless mixes by means of potting, and hopefully that knowledge would better be used with hydro opposed to growing in soil.
Im extremely new to growing. I have already pleaded for answers before lol and so far things are going great. I laugh because I have been so focused to not cut any corners. I laugh harder is that I haven't grown anything yet and im going on 3 months of strictly theories. Whats slowing me down is im finding that ensuring not to cut corners means you buy the expensive stuff and everyone does everything different. Im sure now my setup is complete, got my light im really happy about. Got my 2x2x5 tent. This sat im heading to the garden shop to finish up and start. Its my deadline or ill drag this out farther than needed. Im picking up my nutes for veg stages. I haven't read up yet for what I need as far as what nutes to use for flowering. Picking up soiless mixes (to be determine but i want to use coco) a humidity dome, rockwool, shears, fan and charcoal filter, ph meter, mixing tub for medium and a tub for storing mixed medium, a small 12" cfl light for my clones, humidifier, and portable heater. I also need to find a solution to heating my tent up. I'm running led so its only hanging at around 67 degrees. Im hoping that the plant life will bring that up a little when I add them. Ill tackle that problem later. Is there anything else I might need?
Anyway im off track. I want to use coco, probably two 4 gal or 5 gal pots. Can I get away with a easy 50/50 coco perlite mix? I dont know anything about coco. Ive come to the conculsion that I have to soak the coco with water and add cal mag to that soaking before mixing in the perlite. I have basic facts about coco but mostly read or watched with a hydro setup. That kills me as well finding information on planting weed in a pot with soiless mediums and all I get is a lot of info on hydro growing.

My nutes will come later during watering and depending what stages the plants in. But to keep it somewhat easy for a first timer is it possible to have a easy basic blend using coco and have a happy plant?

Aside from lighting, deciding wich medium to use was the second hardest part for me. I have decided to use coco. Im going to grow from a pot. I will one day convert or have as well a hydro setup. But for now I thought I can be introduced to soiless mixes by means of potting, and hopefully that knowledge would better be used with hydro opposed to growing in soil.
Im extremely new to growing. I have already pleaded for answers before lol and so far things are going great. I laugh because I have been so focused to not cut any corners. I laugh harder is that I haven't grown anything yet and im going on 3 months of strictly theories. Whats slowing me down is im finding that ensuring not to cut corners means you buy the expensive stuff and everyone does everything different. Im sure now my setup is complete, got my light im really happy about. Got my 2x2x5 tent. This sat im heading to the garden shop to finish up and start. Its my deadline or ill drag this out farther than needed. Im picking up my nutes for veg stages. I haven't read up yet for what I need as far as what nutes to use for flowering. Picking up soiless mixes (to be determine but i want to use coco) a humidity dome, rockwool, shears, fan and charcoal filter, ph meter, mixing tub for medium and a tub for storing mixed medium, a small 12" cfl light for my clones, humidifier, and portable heater. I also need to find a solution to heating my tent up. I'm running led so its only hanging at around 67 degrees. Im hoping that the plant life will bring that up a little when I add them. Ill tackle that problem later. Is there anything else I might need?
Anyway im off track. I want to use coco, probably two 4 gal or 5 gal pots. Can I get away with a easy 50/50 coco perlite mix? I dont know anything about coco. Ive come to the conculsion that I have to soak the coco with water and add cal mag to that soaking before mixing in the perlite. I have basic facts about coco but mostly read or watched with a hydro setup. That kills me as well finding information on planting weed in a pot with soiless mediums and all I get is a lot of info on hydro growing.

My nutes will come later during watering and depending what stages the plants in. But to keep it somewhat easy for a first timer is it possible to have a easy basic blend using coco and have a happy plant?

Hello and welcome! The most basic way to use Coco is just plain Coco of a medium grade not pith(dust) nor the super chunky I like to but 1 of each and mix equally, perlite is not nesessary with this mix, however perlite is good too ,I add it to the pith 50/50 is good, add some garden lime I like "Epsoma" from ho dee pot in the green & white bag, I add a tbps per gallon of medium, that will satisfy the Coco and provide CA,mg, to your plants, as far as nutes go you can use about anything out there from totally synthetic to full on vegan organics, you will need nutes shortly after germination,coco has none and is almost completely inert,
Coco this way is just passive hydro, if you go with synthetic you will need to adjust Ph check ppms etc, 5.8 is the target but it can be good to let it drift a little both ways as some nutes are taken up better at different points, it's good to water till you get about 10% runoff this helps prevent salt build up, I don't really have a recommendation for nutes I pretty much make my own organic recipe, but I do warn against getting caught up in the hype with some of the big name brands there are no magic potions ,stick to a basic 2 or 3 part will do nicely, general hydro looks good,they have a organic "go"box that looks really good,
Our sponsor doggett&Simpson has a nice 3 part that's a synth/organic hybrid system that's working well on a plant I'm using as a test subject, ,and the starter kit is priced nice for what you get and it's cannabis specific! And if you want to discuss high brix in Coco let me know and I'll get into that with you, hope this helps and welcome to the fold, growing medicine will forever change you for the better :high-five:

Hi BID. How's thing with you my friend? Hope all is good and your green is abundant :)
I have a few really nice guys asking my advice about coco growing (very flattering :) ) Would you mind if I copied and pasted this post please? Me being in the UK and they being in USA kinda looses "bits" in translation :) Good green to you my friend :)

Hi BID. How's thing with you my friend? Hope all is good and your green is abundant :)
I have a few really nice guys asking my advice about coco growing (very flattering :) ) Would you mind if I copied and pasted this post please? Me being in the UK and they being in USA kinda looses "bits" in translation :) Good green to you my friend :)

Absolutely yes, very flattering to me as well,,I post this with the intention of sharing it with whomever needs/wants it, I consider it public info ,so help yourself

Back
Top Bottom