Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts

Welcome to 420 grimmreefer. I've read of plants in the trees, but your the 1st that I've crossed paths with. Creative, good idea! As an organic grower, I mix my own media and only fertilize a couple of times during the entire veg stage. I do it a little more often during bloom, but not nearly as often as commonly done. Organic nutrients and ingredients are generally much slower release too. I know this doesn't truly answer your question, but may help you some.

Thank you brightlight!! The tree idea sounded good until I screwed my knee up. I've already put some happy frog in which is organic. I was wondering how long it would last in the coco. Also should I get something different for flower or will the tomato food (7-4-5) and some bat turds (0-5-0) make it through September?

Sorry about the knee. Imo, the soils all include organic goodies nowadays but I don't think there is really much of it. The tomato food has too much N for bloom. Guano is fine but should be composted first if not already. Due to your knee hindering frequent climbing, I'm thinking some commercial organic dry nutrient mixes may work for you. They release slower and last longer. A couple of examples (I tried both after getting generous samples) are Aurora Innovations Uprising Foundation, Grow, Bloom, & Elemental. Growilla was also good, but it's now owned by Botanicare. Hopefully, as good now that it's owned by big corp. If you check them out on mfr. sites, you'll see that they contain good ingredients used by organic growers when mixing media or as top dressing. Another very good measure would be to add some beneficial bacteria & fungi, like Mykos or Great White. They'll be your soil assistants up in the tree!

Thanks again bright!! I do run mycos. The buckets had been vegging for 10 weeks or so, they were only in flower for 2 weeks I hadn't even given them bloom nutes yet. I had some fox farm I use for my veggies so that's what I used, it is the happy frog dry. I have a compost pile should I mix some guano into it for a while? The guano is alo FF I've been mixing it about 1 to 3 with the tomato food. Inside I run all salt based, feed every watering. I've only ever used my dry food to amend my vegetables. Im also pretty slow when it comes to outdoors, when should I start flowering food?

The FF HF dry should be great. When I see stigmas at top of bud, I figure I'm into bloom outdoors. I gauge on top to not confuse with earlier pre-flowers. Just my way, sure there are many others. I'm at 37º north. Last yr., my earliest showed mid July, which surprised me since she was 70% sativa and still pretty long days. Most started late July into 1st wk. or so of Aug. Around that time I start bloom regimen while decreasing veg regimen. But I mainly just use teas in both stages. A few nutrients/supplements added now and then. Hope this helps.

uite a few growers use osmocote + with good success, i never have but if i wanted a time released i would seeing what old med man has done with it, kelloggs brand garden and tropical slow release i have used it has mykos and micros and it is another cheap worthy option, or my fav idea a highly mineralized coco with blood and bone meal loaded with mykos and aged/cooked for 30+ days will likely make it to the end if you keep the mykos rockin , then these subcools supersoil thats a just add water mix just a few thoughts:rocker:

Thanks BID. For mycos I've been running A mix of Great White and another brand I'm pretty sure I can't mention. I brew them for a day or so with blackstrap. I only hit them with that twice in there lives, I will sprinkle a little in as a top dress on seedlings. I'm recently hurt and out of work so everything's gotta be on the cheap. I have both blood and bone meal I use for my veggies, how do you mean "cook" just under a tarp or actually brew it? I have made teas before but mostly to get the soil going then I just use my regular nutes

Trying to get a pic up for all to see. I think its pretty cool. That one is about 25 ft. up, the other is 5 ft.above that but I can't even see it to get pic from the ground. Its hard to see its in a black 5gal bucket Hempy style, I don't know how that will work out with slow release but I figured I'll give it a shot.

Thanks all since I have put it up there I have messed myself up pretty bad. I've put some dry ferts in that will hopefully last a while.

BID
I'm going to start bubbling ancient forest, two types of mycos, a little bit of blackstrap and some compost from my garden stash
Also today I'm going to mix my coco (washed,used botanicare) blood and bone meal, FF bat s#*t and some espoma (sp?) 5-5-5
?sound good?
I will top dress them when ready
Thank you for your help! I have pretty much used strictly salts following a feeding chart, I have had good luck, my veggies are always organic, out of a bag but still organic, so should my herb.

Currently in the midst of my first grow, and will be transplanting my jiffy pods, into Coco Coir based on recommendation from a friend of mine. Looking forward to it :D. New to the 420mag boards also :D.

I feel like such an idiot . My Sig was green before and would direct me to the home screen, now its black and doesn't do anything. I don't know computers I'm on my kids tablet.

I'm gonna go try and figure this out,of anyone could direct me to a better forum for this I would be much obliged!!

Edit.. I think I got it

There is a post somewhere on this site that clearly explains the sig process with screenshots and everything. I looked for it briefly yesterday to no avail. Too bad the search function of the forums is so ... er... unfulfilling. Still looking.

Back
Top Bottom