Light burn, Cal def? Both? Need experienced insight

I did buffer the coco before but also I think the Royal Gold products come prebuffered.
My meter for conductivity is an ultrameter 6p. Unsure if it’s 500 or 700 scale.
good that you buffered it , if it was pre buffered they wouldn't have that statement about the high cal/mag needed for optimum performance in my opinion.

good that you buffered it , if it was pre buffered they wouldn't have that statement about the high cal/mag needed for optimum performance in my opinion.
Yea I wish they would recommend a ppm level for calmag needed. Lately I’ve used 8-10ml/gal of it in my RO water. Seems high but still seeing the rust spotting. Idk whether to go up or just continue as it doesn’t seem to hinder the bud production. I’d hate to add more and tox something.

Yea I wish they would recommend a ppm level for calmag needed. Lately I’ve used 8-10ml/gal of it in my RO water. Seems high but still seeing the rust spotting. Idk whether to go up or just continue as it doesn’t seem to hinder the bud production. I’d hate to add more and tox something.
What's the recommended doseage on the label for the calmag?

This is from their instructions:

Tupur:
Tupur is a soil-less high porosity mix that allows the gardener to control the total nutrient
application. Tupur can be used in conventional and hydroponic style gardens and in containers
of all types. Feed 1 to 6 times a day depending on the size of your container and the size of
your plant. Use your favorite complete hydroponic or organic fertilizer at the suggested
application rate. Decrease the fertilizer rate by ⅓ to ½ if there is no run off.
Get Tupur!

I'm not sure if you have been following their recommendations but it could be the issue.

FF is the bomb! Easy for new growers
See if you can get ahold of Roots Organic if you’re going to go soil. I’ve been doing a bit of research between the Fox Farm line, Roots Organic, and “built soils”.(self built and prebuilt) I’m finding that the RO is outperforming FF and most others. More so later in the grow and that’s what’s important.

The guy tested (from clones) in Happy Frog, Fox Farm, Roots Organic, his “built soil”, and straight compost. For bag soil, RO was clearly a better product. Obviously the “built soil” outperformed all of them.

I build my own and thoroughly enjoy it. I build one for veg thats heavy on the alfalfa meal and kelp, an one for bloom that is heavy on bone/feather meals. I run the veg mix in the 1gal pots, then I transfer over into the bloom mix in 5gal pots. When they’re vegging, I let the “bloom” mix cook.

I’m still fine tuning it. My second batch lacked -K-, this new blend that’s currently cooking has a few extra amendments added to push them through to the end.

Research Super Soils and build yer own. It’s really fun if you’re interested in truly understanding this crazy ass plant. Lol!

Down to Earth has some good premixed (dry) bloom nutes, or you can buy them individually when you get further into your perfecting your recipe.

I’m learning to feed the soil, not the plant.This way you make the nutrients available whenever the plants wants it, vs. trying to force feed it when it doesn’t need.

I’ll be happy to share a good base “build” to start off with if you’re interested. It’s ready to go after you mix it and inoculate it. You don’t have to mess with pH and you can use tap water (some say) without any additives to address chorine/chloramine. I don’t risk that part so when I fill up a 5 gallon jug, I add in 1/4 tsp of powder Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), and let it sit in the room with the plants for 24-48 hours.

The first grow I brewed real elaborate compost teas with awesome results. This round I wanted to see if I could use Recharge instead of the tea. The URB (a bad ass product) I was using for the tea was getting super expensive. $150 gal.

I really won’t have any solid results with this new mix for awhile. Just popped 6 new strains that will get the newly amended mix in a week or two. The bloom mix I have is chillin in a 75gal trash can just a brewin away.
Apologies for the ramble.... Super :lot-o-toke: right now in case you couldn’t tell.

FF is the bomb! Easy for new growers
I use a miracle grow organic called Nature's Care Organic Potting Soil. I've always used the FFOF as well and love it, but I find this stuff is as good for a lot cheaper at the local big box stores around here.

For anyone using either FFOF or the stuff I use I always suggest to cut it with 20-25% perlite. You can use vermiculite but it tends to hold water where perlite doesn't

Too much Ca and/or Mg can cause your K to lockout, which is somethign to consider during flower, yes.
The recommendation on the calmag bottle is 5ml/gal. I increased because I use only RO water, the tupur medium says it’s a calmag hog, as well as grow journals of the Zkittlez strain saying it’s thirsty for calmag.

But you’re right, I have thought am I giving too much?

If I can suggest trying a different medium next time. Too many variables with that stuff imho. Promix HP, FF Ocean Forest, coco are all easier for a grower to get good harvests.
Yea I likely will try either straight coco or ffof. Seems I’ve gotten two questionable recommendations on medium in my first two grows. I used FF Strawberry Fields last time and did not like it at all.

Yea I likely will try either straight coco or ffof. Seems I’ve gotten two questionable recommendations on medium in my first two grows. I used FF Strawberry Fields last time and did not like it at all.
Look into Roots Organic.

Tupur is coco and perlite pretty much right?
I have used it and always used it the same as I would with coco with good results. Actually really liked tupur. I’m gonna go back and look but what nutrients are you running with it? How often you watering?

The ca/mg from general organics is carbon based. I would say if you used a nitrate based ca/mg it would help. But you don’t want to push cal nitrate this late in I wouldn’t think. And if you want to use coco go for a one part salt based or a simple two part coco specific nutrient. Just my opinion and there’s a million ways to skin a cat. The GO line is gonna be much harder to run in coco then say a line designed for hydro or coco.

Back
Top Bottom