Light burn or nutrient burn

Fatlad

Hi guys just bought the mars hydro fc4600 led light and switched from hps .. ive just flipped my babies to flower but noticed these brown marks on the edge of the leaves .. my setting on the light is 75% and about 18" from my plants.. ive just flushed them just incase its nutrient burn but would like your opinions on them please

20210409_120613.jpg

20210409_120607.jpg

20210409_120601.jpg

20210409_083150.jpg

20210409_083145.jpg

Hi guys just bought the mars hydro fc4600 led light and switched from hps .. ive just flipped my babies to flower but noticed these brown marks on the edge of the leaves .. my setting on the light is 75% and about 18" from my plants.. ive just flushed them just incase its nutrient burn but would like your opinions on them please

20210409_120613.jpg

20210409_120607.jpg

20210409_120601.jpg

20210409_083150.jpg

20210409_083145.jpg
All those ladies are drooping. What's in your pots,? What are you feeding? At what strength? What is temp in there what is your rh?
Bill

Rh is 48 .. room temp fluctuates between 78 and 82 .. I was only feeding them a mild feed of canna coco A and B calmag,root .. think they might have been overwatered previously hence the droop also they been sleeping for 4 hours when I took the pictures ... ive let the pots dry out and gave them a double flush

Rh is 48 .. room temp fluctuates between 78 and 82 .. I was only feeding them a mild feed of canna coco A and B calmag,root .. think they might have been overwatered previously hence the droop also they been sleeping for 4 hours when I took the pictures ... ive let the pots dry out and gave them a double flush
Temps are high. Rh is low. Did the burnt edges appear after a feeding?
Is it coco in the pot.
Bill

potassium. not sure if it's an ask or excess.

looks like too much N which suggests it was fed in excess, but it's just after flip, which is when i'd expect an ask. added light might be driving the ask if it is one.

Yeah its in coco pal .. and not to sure, I know its been there a while .. lot of the new veg seems to be pretty clear of any burn
Do you have a ppm meter? What ph are you feeding at?
Bill

potassium. not sure if it's an ask or excess.

looks like too much N which suggests it was fed in excess, but it's just after flip, which is when i'd expect an ask. added light might be driving the ask if it is one.
Well I've just given them another flush of pH water so will give them couple of days then give them a light feed of coco A and B and some calmag

are you in a straight coco grow or is that one those autopot things ?

your ph is too high. ph to 5.8 in that media. ph is probably part of the issue, if not the majority.

No ppm ... ph to 6.0 every feed without fail
Coco is hydroponic ph must be 5.8 ph
You should get a ppm meter. If you are mixing nutrients according to the schedule they might be too strong . You have no way to tell how strong your nutrients are.
Bill

Looking at all the nutrient excess and/or deficiency charts it shows up as not enough Potassium (K).

The signs of the problem start at the end tip of the leaf and along the tips of the serration on the leaf. Soon new spots will start showing up all over the leaf while the original spots continue to get larger. Eventually the whole leaf will turn brown. When the problem is fixed the spots stop growing larger and no more new ones, but the old ones will not go away.

I grow in soil but do read up on the basics of Hydroponic growing and I get the feeling that you will have to slowly bump up the fertilizing schedule. Don't know what you mean by just flipped to flowering but I would get them back on the vegetating schedule, figure out how to get some Potassium into the water and try to stop the brown tip problem.

Then go back into a flowering schedule. It might take two weeks but the plants will be larger, healthier and will produce more and bigger buds. The proper Potassium level does make a big difference towards the end of the flowering whether it is a soil grow or a hydro set-up.

My coco is the 60/40 mix I usually go down the autopot route but been hand feeding these ... this is my 13th grow and never encountered this problem .. I know I should use the ppm but never been able to get my head around it properly and always seemed to have pretty decent yields and plants with just the pH meter ... as long as I can rule out the new led light is not causing the issue I can start from the beginning and slowly introduce the nutes now they have been flushed twice

My coco is the 60/40 mix I usually go down the autopot route but been hand feeding these ... this is my 13th grow and never encountered this problem .. I know I should use the ppm but never been able to get my head around it properly and always seemed to have pretty decent yields and plants with just the pH meter ... as long as I can rule out the new led light is not causing the issue I can start from the beginning and slowly introduce the nutes now they have been flushed twice
It's not hydro that I'm growing in pal

It's not hydro that I'm growing in pal
You guys are goofy! I love it! Yeah brother they are trying to tell you to treat your coco- like it’s hydroton( the little clay calls). You are growing hydro.... in coco. You will fix it check out my crash course of a journal. It’s coming together. And I have figured out feeding in coco after a year of tinkering!

Back
Top Bottom