Light green leaves

usmcbay

420 Member
Just wrote a great post. Exited and lost it so here is the version I deserve to be answered. So freakin Pissed at myself.

Water - 4th day no water - usually every 3 days.
Waiting to see if I notice signs of needing water. Growing roots period.
These blue dreams seem to be lightning in color.
I have the Vira (whatever tf was in the real good post...) P2000 LED light (so pissed).
That one's light green... others aren't. What does light green mean? More Nutrients? Time for water is wilting in tomatoes and peppers. Not like this is a rocket ship or a control panel but I want to get in front of any problems.

IMG_3075 (1).jpg

Welcome to 420 Magazine @usmcbay

Are you growing in coco or soil?
If coco she needs fed daily and don't let her dry out.

The light color could be many things. You never mention the strains or anything specifically about each one.
Sativa's will always be a light green; whereas an Indica will be darker.

Need more information about your grow.
Medium
strain/s
nutrients line and feeding schedule
How often and how much do you water?
What kind of water are you using?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Welcome to 420 Magazine @usmcbay

Are you growing in coco or soil?
If coco she needs fed daily and don't let her dry out.

The light color could be many things. You never mention the strains or anything specifically about each one.
Sativa's will always be a light green; whereas an Indica will be darker.

Need more information about your grow.
Medium
strain/s
nutrients line and feeding schedule
How often and how much do you water?
What kind of water are you using?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Cups Clockwise and Biggest to smallest... 2 Strawberry Cough, 3 Grandaddy Purple, 2 Blue Dream

Fronts are Coco / Castings on top - Grandaddy Purple.
Back is Miracle Grow Performance Organics Soil for the Strawberry Cough.
Then a single and decapitated Blue Dream in the cup and rockwool.
But the first 1" in the bottom is worm castings in the coco cups. Another inch at top then more coco to cap. It's a beginner's layered idea.
When you ask about Nutrients and feeding schedule... no clue if I'm doing it right.
I use the Alaskan Fish Oil, White Shark Mycorrhizae, and Liquid seaweed. I use too little if anything. All three added to one gallon is less than a teaspoon combined.
I water every three days. Yesterday was a 4 day cycle trying to get them to ask for water but still never any wilting and moisture meter is in the green and slowly lowers over the 3-4 days but never gets in the red. Filtered city water at 7pH.
Nutrients are still around 7pH. Runoff is around 6.3pH after I recover it.

Thanks bud. I was having a hell of a night last night. Still getting used to a life without drinking all day.
IMG_3077.jpg

is it a first stab ? so far so good.

MG is crap to grow in. normally coco isn't amended and is fed from the get go. you can amend coco, but it's a bit of an art. let's call @Bill284 in on this as his coco approach works fantastic. i'll let him take you through it.

i'd look to up pot into a cannabis specific media when the time comes, and try and source a cannabis specific nute line suited to the media you choose.

Cups Clockwise and Biggest to smallest... 2 Strawberry Cough, 3 Grandaddy Purple, 2 Blue Dream

Fronts are Coco / Castings on top - Grandaddy Purple.
Back is Miracle Grow Performance Organics Soil for the Strawberry Cough.
Then a single and decapitated Blue Dream in the cup and rockwool.
But the first 1" in the bottom is worm castings in the coco cups. Another inch at top then more coco to cap. It's a beginner's layered idea.
When you ask about Nutrients and feeding schedule... no clue if I'm doing it right.
I use the Alaskan Fish Oil, White Shark Mycorrhizae, and Liquid seaweed. I use too little if anything. All three added to one gallon is less than a teaspoon combined.
I water every three days. Yesterday was a 4 day cycle trying to get them to ask for water but still never any wilting and moisture meter is in the green and slowly lowers over the 3-4 days but never gets in the red. Filtered city water at 7pH.
Nutrients are still around 7pH. Runoff is around 6.3pH after I recover it.

Thanks bud. I was having a hell of a night last night. Still getting used to a life without drinking all day.
IMG_3077.jpg
Good afternoon @usmcbay I believe thanks for your service is in order.:thanks:
And welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
I'm afraid you have set yourself up for disaster. :Namaste::Namaste:
Your best bet is to pick one medium to grow in.
Get nutrients, real nutrients with a schedule.
And feed.
I've got to run but check the beginning of my Heavens Shores thread.
It explains everything.
Talks soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

One major piece of advice I can offer is to zero in on one cannabis specific medium, with one cannabis specific nutrient line.. This will help alleviate thousands of scenarios, what ifs, and problems. Learn that medium and that nutrient line well then after you’ve got it understood and successful begin branching out.

As a beginner it’s very hard to use multiple mediums as they all have different watering requirements, different behaviors, different approaches, etc. What works for one will destroy another and vice versa. The same can be said for nutrients.. some need half strength, some need lukewarm water, some need a specific mix order, some are top dressed.

Become knowledgeable about one specific medium, it will make it a thousand times easier to branch out to others once you’ve had the experience of mastering your medium. You’ll know what right looks like, you’ll know what a healthy growing plant looks like and how it behaves, you’ll gain an understanding of the different macro and micro nutrient requirements, and you’ll get a general handle on the natural progression of the plant. This in turn will make dealing with new mediums so much simpler because you will have the confidence and experience to identify issues and to ignore things that are irrelevant.

Good afternoon @usmcbay I believe thanks for your service is in order.
And welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
I'm afraid you have set yourself up for disaster. :Namaste::Namaste:
Your best bet is to pick one medium to grow in.
Get nutrients, real nutrients with a schedule.
And feed.
I've got to run but check the beginning of my Heavens Shores thread.
It explains everything.
Talks soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks bud. Yes, I have found something great and it's in the hands of me.
I'm absorbing what I hope to handle properly and give this medicinal option its proper due.
My biggest concern is that it is in my hands... lol.

One major piece of advice I can offer is to zero in on one cannabis specific medium, with one cannabis specific nutrient line.. This will help alleviate thousands of scenarios, what ifs, and problems. Learn that medium and that nutrient line well then after you’ve got it understood and successful begin branching out.

As a beginner it’s very hard to use multiple mediums as they all have different watering requirements, different behaviors, different approaches, etc. What works for one will destroy another and vice versa. The same can be said for nutrients.. some need half strength, some need lukewarm water, some need a specific mix order, some are top dressed.

Become knowledgeable about one specific medium, it will make it a thousand times easier to branch out to others once you’ve had the experience of mastering your medium. You’ll know what right looks like, you’ll know what a healthy growing plant looks like and how it behaves, you’ll gain an understanding of the different macro and micro nutrient requirements, and you’ll get a general handle on the natural progression of the plant. This in turn will make dealing with new mediums so much simpler because you will have the confidence and experience to identify issues and to ignore things that are irrelevant.
This makes complete sense and shot the right holes in what I know so far. Thank you.

"You’ll know what right looks like..." Best advice.

This makes complete sense and shot the right holes in what I know so far. Thank you.

i normally recommend running hp promix, or going hempy style for new growers, if you are searching for a media. coco is also good but is a bit more expensive to get in to, and super similar to hempy.

hp is a well known media and has a lot of guys running it. it's nice and forgiving.
hempy is just a bucket of perlite with a hole :p ... it don't get cheaper.
coco is waste product from coconut husks that makes a great growing media. also easy to run.
coco and hempy are passive hydro. stuff happens a bit quicker. hp is similar to soil, can be simpler, but larger foot print.

any of them will produce well with some work and help. there's loads of help here.

i currently run hempy and have taught it local to a seniors group ... so it can't be hard lol :rolleyes:
any of those choices are great for a beginner.

Lol the Army taught me the phrases I repeat to myself the most.. What right looks like, Squared away, Dress right dress, and the one I say to myself most often, ‘Slow is smooth, smooth is fast’.

i normally recommend running hp promix, or going hempy style for new growers, if you are searching for a media. coco is also good but is a bit more expensive to get in to, and super similar to hempy.

hp is a well known media and has a lot of guys running it. it's nice and forgiving.
hempy is just a bucket of perlite with a hole :p ... it don't get cheaper.
coco is waste product from coconut husks that makes a great growing media. also easy to run.
coco and hempy are passive hydro. stuff happens a bit quicker. hp is similar to soil, can be simpler, but larger foot print.

any of them will produce well with some work and help. there's loads of help here.

i currently run hempy and have taught it local to a seniors group ... so it can't be hard lol :rolleyes:
any of those choices are great for a beginner.
I certainly will start educating myself on these. The day I ordered seeds I had Miracle Grow Performance Organics on hand.
Then when my other seeds came in I sat on them a few days waiting for Coco to arrive in postage.
On or about the germination time for the second set of seeds and CoCo I read about the magical ways and somewhat self regulating worm castings so ran to town and got worm castings.
Rookie move... while I'm still a genius I thought put a lil Worm Casting at the bottom of the cup (with weep holes on bottom). Then when I flood my trays the water goes through the WC dragging some slow release nutes and live active organic material. Then I filled with CoCo... then during some stretching I added another 3/4" layer on top to assist the then stretch. I've figured out why I was stretching.
I need to transfer my grow notes into the grow schedule forum.
Thanks again bud. I appreciate it.
Shawn

Lol the Army taught me the phrases I repeat to myself the most.. What right looks like, Squared away, Dress right dress, and the one I say to myself most often, ‘Slow is smooth, smooth is fast’.
Hahaha... been a LONG TIME since I've heard "dress right dress"... lol
Good stuff right there.
I tell my son all of the time "Slow is fast, fast is slow... don't mess that up Slow Down son!" 😁
Squared away ✔️

Back
Top Bottom