Light issue

Huh... 1000w isn't the same as 180w, just an observation.

How do they look now??

Link to your Amazon light??
they look good since I turn the light on Vegg only!! if I put Bloom on it burns the plant even at 30"...
LED Grow Light 1000W Full Spectrum Grow Lights for Indoor Plants with Veg and Bloom, Protective Glasses, Adjustable Hanger, Daisy Chain Plant Lights : Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden that's the link of the light! I have a good one the way from Unit Farm Ufo 160. that will be in the flower tent!

Attachments

• 46024603_204474360505657_5892280476789374976_n.jpg
    46024603_204474360505657_5892280476789374976_n.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 57
Plants look good to me. In VEG that's all they need is the blue light. The little ones are vulnerable the most. Those larger VEG plants can take the full power just move the lamp up higher once the little one is hardened off.

I run my VEG plants full power full spectrum after say 10 days above ground hardened off. I have a small fan on them 24/0 that helps with stem thickening/hardening off and keeps the leaves coolish and no gnats.

After 10ish days, full power. They get used to it pretty quick.

In nature the spring sun is the most intense. It's a geometry thing.

Plants look good to me. In VEG that's all they need is the blue light. The little ones are vulnerable the most. Those larger VEG plants can take the full power just move the lamp up higher once the little one is hardened off.

I run my VEG plants full power full spectrum after say 10 days above ground hardened off. I have a small fan on them 24/0 that helps with stem thickening/hardening off and keeps the leaves coolish and no gnats.

After 10ish days, full power. They get used to it pretty quick.

In nature the spring sun is the most intense. It's a geometry thing.
My tent is only 5’ high... and if I turn bloom on with light max height I still burn them! I just gonna run blue in this one and once my 4x4x7 gets here next week I’ll switch them in there! I also have a oscilating fan in the tent that run 24/7 with exhaust fan as well

once my 4x4x7 gets here next week I’ll switch them in there
That should help a lot. Your plants are looking excellant!
Funny how they rate these LED's, I have some from CF Grow, using full spectrum 100 watt Cree 3590's with a double lite setup, it uses 200 watts actual, and it is a bit brighter than my 600 watt metal halide. It also runs far cooler which is a huge plus. I have run two dbl lites, 400 watts of 3590's and it is WAY brighter than the 600 MH or HPS and still puts out negligible heat. LED's rule! But I still fire up the MH/HPS as I don't have enough of them........:oops:.

That should help a lot. Your plants are looking excellant!
Funny how they rate these LED's, I have some from CF Grow, using full spectrum 100 watt Cree 3590's with a double lite setup, it uses 200 watts actual, and it is a bit brighter than my 600 watt metal halide. It also runs far cooler which is a huge plus. I have run two dbl lites, 400 watts of 3590's and it is WAY brighter than the 600 MH or HPS and still puts out negligible heat. LED's rule! But I still fire up the MH/HPS as I don't have enough of them........:oops:.
You're right man! I have another LED on the way as well, Unit Farm ufo160 (365 true watt). should do the job!!!

360 watts is good.

I run my veg plants pretty close - 15" max under 300watts of VERO29 COBs. with a small blue Mars 144 reflector on VEG - so about 400+ watts @ 15". Never burnt any plants.

Seedlings are sensitive. Just gotta get em used to the intensity.

I can dial my VERO lamp down a little but I leave it full tilt and move young (1-2 weeks old) move them to the edge of the light footprint and move them closer to center every day until they are under the full load. Only takes a week or not even.

VEG life goes faster and the brighter lights help with water uptake. Makes for stronger stalks and side branches too.

Back
Top Bottom