Lighting questions

Depends on the true watts of the LED. If it's a 100$ LED it's probably best for one plant. If it's a 600$ 1000w LED then it would be plenty for that space. Sort of subjective question depending on what the true wattage is being pulled from the wall.

Need to kinda/sorta/not really go by what they say the footprint on it is ;) same goes for the Wattage they give you as it is a "comparison" number and may or may not be close. In example I fixed up my shed as was growing in grow boxes, El Cheapo 600w LED says "Perfect for a 3x3' growing area at 24" height (Max coverage 4x4')" ....two of those is working pretty well in a 3'x4' footprint as yes there is light off of one in that footprint but the outsides don't get much intensity. Dimensions of each light are "19.7 x 14.2 x 5.5 inches" for a comparison, as size of the light and it's actual footprint are in a ration (just woke up so not sure if that makes sense) for those kind of LED (no idea on COB style as I have no experience with those). I would think 2'x4' wouldn't get outside edges on that light and it's coverage be closer to 2'x3' for a 1000w. You can look at my first Journal link (skip first half as it is when I was in boxes if you want to see my area and results in the fixed up shed, or you can wander thru the whole thing and see results in a smaller footprint in my boxes with smaller wattage LED). Is my setup "optimal", probably not, but for me I think results pretty good getting 2-4 oz off of a plant with a "low budget" kind of grow, and I'm growing just for myself (well ok household as my Son partakes but Wife doesn't) so quality is priority over quantity anyway.

I wouldn't think you wouldn't need that much wattage if it's being measured from the wall. If you have a 2' by 4' area you could use 2 small lights. Like Two 140 watt Spectrum King closet cases would kill it and only 280 actual watts. Or 2 small cheapo Mars lights off Amazon. If you use one light you have to find one with a rectangle shape instead of square.

Back
Top Bottom