Lights, distance from plants

Canachris

how much space between plants and the 2 250 wat metal halide lights ? I have been keeping them about 18 inches above tops
IMG_20200413_064950948_HDR.jpg

Whew I bet it's toasty in there! Not bad if it was for me, it's snowing here grrr...awesome setup I love the diy! I have no idea on those height's but I got a good idea Mr @MochaBud does! CHeers :yahoo:

You usually want 18-24” from canopy with those in veg, but double check with the manufacturer.
Id have a fan blowing in the lights unless you need the heat.

thanks,I have been keeping them about 16-20 inches above. but as they get taller I run out of space.dam these 9 foot ceilings
I’d recommend Supercrop, LST, and/or topping.
I have good links below in my signature.

how much space between plants and the 2 250 wat metal halide lights ? I have been keeping them about 18 inches above tops
IMG_20200413_064950948_HDR.jpg
If your not sure, put your hand just above your plant, and lower light until it makes the back of your hand warm :goodluck:

I have a small space to grow so I kinda have to grow vertical.as long as they stay under 40" all is good. .and I just hate lose the big top bud
Yes but, if you super crop or just top a lot and scrog :party:there's more than 1 top cola, there's a shitload :rofl: one plant scrog my friend :high-five: EDIT; Under a 600 watt HPS in a 4 x 4 x 6 .5

No leaf taco going on and your internode spacing looks really good to me I would just leave it or if you are really worried then lift up to 20"
:passitleft:

WOW! you make me want try that ... so many? but just one for now, do they get rootboud in the 5gal bucket?

I have a small space to grow so I kinda have to grow vertical.as long as they stay under 40" all is good. .and I just hate lose the big top bud
Untopped
6F4B7766-161C-4DC8-B892-F06329BF3415.jpeg

Topped
04B548A8-82EB-41B4-A702-66B8F5EE0507.jpeg

very cool, my next grow will be " low profile" doing plants that way does it extend the veg cycle?
No. Just top at the 3-5 node and it will heal in a few days, and then you’ll have 4 tops.
I recommend reading my links below. With LST, you don’t have to top to achieve this.

Back
Top Bottom