Lincoln teen going to prison for plans to sell marijuana

Roachclip

Logan County Circuit Judge David Coogan sentenced a 19-year-old Lincoln man to six years in prison Tuesday with a recommendation for impact incarceration - a six-month military-style boot camp - after he admitted he planned to distribute marijuana.

As part of a plea agreement reached between defense attorney Jeff Page of Springfield and Logan County State's Attorney Tim Huyett, Bryan M. McCain of the 1100 block of Sixth Street pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of between 10 and 30 grams of marijuana with the intent to deliver, a Class IV felony.

In addition to the prison term, McCain also must pay a $500 mandatory assessment and court costs and serve two years of mandatory supervised release. He was credited for being jailed for 90 days.

A Class IV felony is typically punishable by a maximum prison term of three years and a $25,000 fine or any less severe punishment, including probation. But because McCain was convicted of Class II burglary in Logan County in 2003, he was eligible to spend up to 10 years in prison and a minimum prison term of two years.

McCain pleaded guilty to an amended charge that replaced a Class III felony charge of unlawful possession of between 30 and 500 grams of marijuana with the intent to deliver and a second charge of unlawful possession of between 30 and 500 grams of marijuana, a Class IV felony.

In exchange for the admission of guilt, Huyett dismissed the other Class IV felony.

McCain was arrested Oct. 2 by a Logan County deputy serving a search warrant at a residence at 827 Clinton St. after police discovered him sitting in a back porch of the residence near a bag of about 30 grams of marijuana. During a subsequent interview, McCain admitted to police that the marijuana belonged to him and that he planned to distribute it to his friends.

THE COURIER
https://www.lincolncourier.com/news/05/02/02/c.asp

Wow six years for only thirty grams, that's a bitch...

Cause he's a stupid stoner.
here

I can't really feel bad....dude admitted that he was distributing it, he also was sitting on his porch with an oz in plain view... I live in a legal state but still have enough common sense to not display my bud like that in public.... I mean it sucks and all that he is doing time for weed, but he could have been more careful and he probably would be blazing right now... The moment you think you are above the law, you are a victim of it!!! The best is to play it safe until we convince this cooked government otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom