LKV 420 Outdoor Grow Journal 2022

That's the same stuff I bought last only mine is concentrated:
20220515_202238.jpg

Use yours as is because it's premixed. I spray every other day if I see bugs. You'll go through a lot of it with all your plants so that bottle won't last long. I use a 1 gallon sprayer (cheap at Home Depot) and use 2 tablespoons / gallon of the concentrate.

It's good right up until I see pistils, then I switch to other mixes for flower.

That's the same stuff I bought last only mine is concentrated:
20220515_202238.jpg

Use yours as is because it's premixed. I spray every other day if I see bugs. You'll go through a lot of it with all your plants so that bottle won't last long. I use a 1 gallon sprayer (cheap at Home Depot) and use 2 tablespoons / gallon of the concentrate.

It's good right up until I see pistils, then I switch to other mixes for flower.

Our sponsor @Sierra Natural Science has a whole line of all natural and some organic pest control.

You can drop by their support thread with any questions here

www.sierranaturalscience.com

So I was fortunate enough to find someone who is an experienced grower and owns a hydroponic shop so I drove quite a ways up to see him and cut off a few of my contaminated leaves and put them in a Ziploc baggie and took them to him and he diagnosed my plant with spidermites and thrips and he said the best way to get rid of them was to use some stuff called Lost Coast Plant therapy I got a bottle pulled off all the infected leaves and everything‘s looking pretty good today I must say I do need to spray them every day for it five days and then once a week it seems to have pretty good ingredients soybean oil peppermint oil citric acid soap.
isopropyl alcohol and sodium citrate.
My plants look so much happier today. Makes my leaf’s a nice shiny green also. If you do use a product like this anyone who may be following this grow make sure you do it before sunrise or after sunset and then keep your plans in the shade until it dries completely before putting them back in the sun.

F853734A-F70E-46F1-88D5-379B5189D292.jpeg

D071E1E8-8EE1-4568-BFC7-1F92F7FD7E66.jpeg

2DFF03AB-1778-4232-8F01-529DC33BB21F.jpeg

Well its been a few weeks. I can tell you NOT to use the above photo of Lost Coast Plant Therapy on young plants, it killed 3 of my seedlings. I'm not sure if they hey bad genetics or not. All the other survived but they are more mature. So i'm left with 6 photo flower ladies and one small auto clone. My ladies are looking ok but not stellar.

Question.. I didn't crop the tops because of concern the trunks would split on my due to high winds like they did last year when i topped them. I'm wondering if that was a bad decision? Thoughts on if I should still do it this late? My plants are about 70 cm or (28 inches tall).

A few have drooping leaves, some are curling down a bit --The cause of that?

11A5D637-EF85-4EB4-9E81-651B55386469.jpeg

Sorry to hear about the loss of the babies. Young plants can be a lot more sensitive to sprays (even "natural" ones). They call it a "plant wash" so I'm not sure if that means you're supposed to rinse it off after, but 38% soybean oil is a lot of coating on the leaves so they might have smothered.

In terms of the droop of that one in the pic, that could be from lack of water or too much water, so tip the pot and see if it seems light. Black pots in the sun are really hard on the roots, so if you can wrap in lighter fabric or drop them into an old pillowcase, that will keep them much happier.

Are you sure you got clones from an autoflower?

Topping a plant can leave it vulnerable to splitting if you don't leave a long enough stem above the node you leave (the "double H stump"), but a zip tie around the top node can make sure it doesn't split as well. You should keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't cut into the trunk as it grows. When it gets tight, cut it off and replace it. Of course, if you have high winds you should have the plants staked up as well.

Here is how I do my topping:

Sorry to hear about the loss of the babies. Young plants can be a lot more sensitive to sprays (even "natural" ones). They call it a "plant wash" so I'm not sure if that means you're supposed to rinse it off after, but 38% soybean oil is a lot of coating on the leaves so they might have smothered.

In terms of the droop of that one in the pic, that could be from lack of water or too much water, so tip the pot and see if it seems light. Black pots in the sun are really hard on the roots, so if you can wrap in lighter fabric or drop them into an old pillowcase, that will keep them much happier.

Are you sure you got clones from an autoflower?

Topping a plant can leave it vulnerable to splitting if you don't leave a long enough stem above the node you leave (the "double H stump"), but a zip tie around the top node can make sure it doesn't split as well. You should keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't cut into the trunk as it grows. When it gets tight, cut it off and replace it. Of course, if you have high winds you should have the plants staked up as well.

Here is how I do my topping:
Hi Shed! Definately not a water issue. I moved them to their 10 gall home pots today we will see if that helps. I didnt see massive roots on the sides but they were peeking through on the bottoms of the plant. Also I cant use fabric pots here, it's way too windy. I learned the lifting method last year form you so this year all my pots are the same size plastic pots. Our temps really don't get super hot here ( rarely above 80) ( It's been a bit cloudy and over cast this week)

Remember ..I was given the wrong info! NO CLONES . My 6 bigger ones were already planted in soil and after massive research I discovered they are NOT clones, but PHOTOFLOWER seedlings!

Shed ******would you still crop these now or leave them be. I've had them for 8 weeks ( no idea when they were originally grown by the nursery perhaps 3 weeks old or so which would make them 11 weeks now.)
I'm afraid to stress them out especially while drooping.
If i do not crop will the harvest be significantly smaller?

Lastly I do have a question on one auto flower seedling i planted. Its freaking flowering at 6 weeks old? . And would you top the auto also? I read the article below....
Is it time start giving it the flora bloom or stay on flora grow? I have no experience with autos!

85E1BD3F-B026-4611-80F5-6985C174B633.jpeg

2A58A5B4-9663-4EA8-A5FC-BF6AE05669D8.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 11.47.32 AM.png

Also I cant use fabric pots here
I was suggesting wrapping the black plastic in fabric, or putting the entire pot in an old pillowcase.
Our temps really don't get super hot here ( rarely above 80) ( It's been a bit cloudy and over cast this week)
The outside of that pot is over 100º in the sun even if it's 80º outside. Roots are designed to be in the cool cool ground!
Remember ..I was given the wrong info! NO CLONES .
That's as maybe but I was asking because of this:
one small auto clone
:)
would you still crop these now or leave them be
Do you mean top? Cropping usually refers to supercropping. Yes, I would top them now while you still have about a month of veg left.
Lastly I do have a question on one auto flower seedling i planted. Its freaking flowering at 6 weeks old? . And would you top the auto also?
6 weeks is a long time for an autoflower to be in veg, so that's a good thing! And though I don't top autos, the folks that do top as soon as they see pistils coming out of the upper growth.
Is it time start giving it the flora bloom or stay on flora grow?
The auto should get it now, the photos can wait until mid-July.

I was suggesting wrapping the black plastic in fabric, or putting the entire pot in an old pillowcase.

The outside of that pot is over 100º in the sun even if it's 80º outside. Roots are designed to be in the cool cool ground!

That's as maybe but I was asking because of this:

:)

Do you mean top? Cropping usually refers to supercropping. Yes, I would top them now while you still have about a month of veg left.

6 weeks is a long time for an autoflower to be in veg, so that's a good thing! And though I don't top autos, the folks that do top as soon as they see pistils coming out of the upper growth.

The auto should get it now, the photos can wait until mid-July.
Thank you Shed! Much appreciated. I'll top the photos today :)

I need to get starts that ‘start’ outside. Like my autos.

Everything looks good!
Oh you edited and I didn't see the pic. Don't top that as it's well into flower.
This little auto is bursting with flowers. I dont think its getting any taller or bigger. I'd be lucky to get 5 grams out of it if it doesn't grow a little! She's only 9 inches tall!

tempImagekX7xso.png

tempImageD2Gwe2.png

Looks like a beautiful summer at your place! :cool:
Indeed it is! I do have a question. My plants seem to still be growing (veg state?, Not very tall at all compared ro my last year crop,though they are starting to get sticky. 4 of my 6 plants had so many giant fan leaves i decided to trim them off ..you can see them below trimmed up. I had a woman from Colorado who grows and said i needed to switch them to blooming nutes right now because they were flowering. Though they are getting trichomes on the stems i don't see flowers on the end of the stems. Am i missing something? should i change to the FLORA VLOOM now or wait till they get bigger?

Here you can see them after my trimming today and I took a few pictures of where the little try combs are forming and also what they look like from the top I don’t see any of those little flowers yet

6101D751-ADC8-47E5-96C6-57FB996454F8.jpeg

F49B6315-C07E-4DEB-A9EC-A01B8C5CFABE.jpeg

AFBE375A-A473-4588-8183-465B612FD935.jpeg

92ADC0AF-2B3F-431E-BE81-26A860A0B2BF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom