LKV 420 Outdoor Grow Journal 2022

It's only been about 3 weeks since the days started getting shorter so I never expect to see pistils until later in July, and early August for some varieties.
My plants seem to still be growing (veg state?,
They are definitely still in a mostly veg state and will be for a few weeks now.
Not very tall at all compared ro my last year crop
You can't really compare year to year unless you're growing the exact same varieties in the exact same conditions!
I had a woman from Colorado who grows and said i needed to switch them to blooming nutes right now because they were flowering.
should i change to the FLORA VLOOM now or wait till they get bigger?
FloraBloom is 0-5-4 product and part of a three-part system which never eliminates the other two from the feeding, so there is no change to just FloraBloom ever. Do you have the other two parts and are you following GH's feed chart?

No not 3 part though they also do have a 3 part.. I'm just on the 2 part system same as used same as last year (4-8 7 bloom )

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 1.36.26 PM.png

Oh FloraNova, not Flora Bloom! This is how GH describes the transition period you're in:

"The FloraNova series is designed to use one part at a time, but in a time of transition it may be beneficial to mix the two at half strength each (makes a full strength nutrient solution)."

Personally I think the numbers are wrong in the NovaBloom and would be tempted to run the Grow through harvest. Plants need more K than P all the time and certainly do in flower.

Oh FloraNova, not Flora Bloom! This is how GH describes the transition period you're in:

"The FloraNova series is designed to use one part at a time, but in a time of transition it may be beneficial to mix the two at half strength each (makes a full strength nutrient solution)."

Personally I think the numbers are wrong in the NovaBloom and would be tempted to run the Grow through harvest. Plants need more K than P all the time and certainly do in flower.
Yes Flora NOVA: grow and bloom products . 4 parts Nitrogen
8 parts P is that
Potassium or Phosphorus? and what is "K?

Here you can see them after my trimming today and I took a few pictures of where the little try combs are forming and also what they look like from the top I don’t see any of those little flowers yet

6101D751-ADC8-47E5-96C6-57FB996454F8.jpeg

F49B6315-C07E-4DEB-A9EC-A01B8C5CFABE.jpeg

AFBE375A-A473-4588-8183-465B612FD935.jpeg

92ADC0AF-2B3F-431E-BE81-26A860A0B2BF.jpeg
Are they revegging?

Stay safe :cool:
Bill284

I have some questions on this little auto flower it was planted on 25 April so 90 days would be about July 25. It’s not growing at all from the top cola I did have some browning on tips and ends of the leaves. I never got the purple leaves like the seller showed on his site I’ll post his photo below also. It’s my understanding that auto flowers only grow for 90 days and then they don’t grow anymore so if that’s true should I be cutting this thing down this month?
7008F210-BC96-4CC4-9AE5-DCC589BA764C.png
I also wondered if I could cut that big top cola and just see if the bottom ones continue to grow it does seem like it’s not drinking anymore and watered it a week ago and it still is very moist any advice would be appreciated Choppa down or let it grow chop off half whatever!

6077765E-050C-4F32-A307-7A752B4CD9ED.png

CF05BF9F-0C05-4184-972A-A5C8FD2DBBB1.jpeg

F8BFD174-93B8-4486-8485-F4B5BC35EE35.jpeg

687984A9-3319-4BC3-9F95-0028CAEAB4DE.jpeg

B37E3C6D-6055-4232-9554-C88F5DA34059.jpeg

I think you just have one of those autos that looks like that. I have found autos don't do nearly as well outside as they do in a controlled environment in a tent, so yours isn't a surprise.

In terms of timing, autos go as long as you want them to, based on the color of the trichomes and how much amber you want. Some will go 65 days and some 120, and the breeder estimate is just an estimate. Yours may be very different!

But if it's stopped drinking, cut it down and call it a day.

watch the ph with that nute line. GH recommends you ph for the media type. even outdoor in buckets. indoor you might need some cal mag. outdoor on straight tap probably won't require it but is good to have just in case.

that line is similar to the two-part An line but GH doesn't claim to be ph balanced like AN.

I think you just have one of those autos that looks like that. I have found autos don't do nearly as well outside as they do in a controlled environment in a tent, so yours isn't a surprise.

we've always done best establishing them indoor before moving them. otherwise we don't get much more than that either. indoor is different.

watch the ph with that nute line. GH recommends you ph for the media type. even outdoor in buckets. indoor you might need some cal mag. outdoor on straight tap probably won't require it but is good to have just in case.

that line is similar to the two-part An line but GH doesn't claim to be ph balanced like AN.
No one in soil needs to pH their nutes.
we've always done best establishing them indoor before moving them. otherwise we don't get much more than that either. indoor is different.
From what I've seen, the best autos grown outdoors were vegged completely inside and not moved out until pistils were coming out of the top flowers!

No one in soil needs to pH their nutes.

check the GH site. they emphatically state it must be ph'd between 5.5 - 6.5. it's super common in anything GH. they cover all media with that blanket statement, i'd ph more directly for the media though.

No one in soil needs to pH their water.

i know loads of GH growers. it's one of the first things i ever used. it's the original salt nute. you can try it without, but it's in all of their nute charts. they've never not recommended it.

it's perfect. just leave it. i do think ph is way less important outdoor too, even if in a self contained bucket. i don't know how many plants @InTheShed has going, but i wouldn't bother to ph with the number he has outdoor in buckets either.

i have friend who does GH in a similar indoor/outdoor grow. he also only ph's if it's an indoor only plant. he uses the real old school 3 part, and it calls for ph, he ignores it on anything outdoor, and it does fine.

Back
Top Bottom