Locust's 2018 In & Outdoor GC & OGKH Virgin Grow Journal

blacklocusttree

420 Member
2 Green Crack + 2 OG Kush/Haze. Germinated 4/12/18
- Starting indoor transplanting outdoor in hardiness zone 5b
- 1 HPS 150 grow light (11'' from leaf), 1 fluorescent shoplight (3'' from leaf), 1 LED shoplight (3'' from leaf)
- Medium is compost with some perlite in solo cups with holes cut
- No nutrients as of yet
- Watering with bottled spring water just enough to keep soil moist on top
- No tent
- No fan

So I wish I would have started this journal right off the bat because I could definitely use some of those awesome tips I've seen in the comments on some of the other journals. Unfortunately I'm starting this one now because something's gone wrong. In the past 24 hours my little girls have gone from just a tiny bit of yellowing on the leaves to some serious browning with small patches of a salty like crust on the leaves. I noticed that the same compost mix I used for these girls produced mushrooms on some veggie transplants I have going but they don't seem to be affecting the veggies negatively at all and I haven't seen any sign of them on my little girls. I've cut back on watering but I don't know what else I can do. I really hope I'm not too late. I would really appreciate all you awesome folks weighing in on this conundrum!
Thanks so much in advance! There will be more detailed pics of my setup to come but here are some pics of the disease/pest/heartbreaking development that I'm dealing with at the moment.
Thanks again!
-Locust

Soil lookin a bit damp,, the green on the perlite says it has been wet. my only suggestion.

KKarma sent friend

Hi guys I had exactly the same stuff :

And I can tell you in my case, it happened when I put the plant outside on a sunny day. Not a single cloud. Even if it was 26C outside under direct sun could get really hot and i think it s because of that. It happened very quickly. I had the same phenomenon with some roses that had leaved inside during 3 weeks. When I put them outside, two days later they had those kind of burnt signs.

I don't know the true reason. But the outdoor sunny day seemed to have triggered this

Hi guys I had exactly the same stuff :

And I can tell you in my case, it happened when I put the plant outside on a sunny day. Not a single cloud. Even if it was 26C outside under direct sun could get really hot and i think it s because of that. It happened very quickly. I had the same phenomenon with some roses that had leaved inside during 3 weeks. When I put them outside, two days later they had those kind of burnt signs.

I don't know the true reason. But the outdoor sunny day seemed to have triggered this
Ok thanks for your input. It could definitely be a combination of too much water and the light too close and no fan. Do you think my little girls will bounce back?

Thanks. I agree that does look like the case. Think they will bounce back? How long should I let them go without water do you think?

I m not an expert. It would be interesting to have the experts advices. If I were you I would transplant them VERY carefully. The plant you see on the picture never recovered but I think it's because I overwatered her for two long. So maybe the safest now is just to let the medium dry a bit. I think the importance is not to let them suffocate for too long. 2 days after those spots this plant was still looking good but I kept the rockwool in a too wet environment so it never got a chance to dry quick enough. When It got drier it was already too late the plant had started to fall down. After a few days I realized she maybe would not recover so I decided to toss her. If you have another seeds maybe you should try over.

What I realized after seeing the roots is that most of it had died and turn brown. That's why I'm thinking maybe putting in fresh medium could help if you manage to do it without stressing the roots too much

Oh no! Ok I'll do my best to save them. Soil seems dry today and maybe I'll just transplant sooner than I planned but since they eventually have to go outside, it might be too late in the season to start over now. But I might try if these don't seem to start to recover in the next couple days. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences!

Oh no! Ok I'll do my best to save them. Soil seems dry today and maybe I'll just transplant sooner than I planned but since they eventually have to go outside, it might be too late in the season to start over now. But I might try if these don't seem to start to recover in the next couple days. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences!
In the beginning I was very disappointed. But then I realized I would go till the end even if I had problems cause it could serve to other people! So I m glad I could help cause it shows the fail wasn't useless!

Back
Top Bottom