Looking for any advise on my grow

TacoTED11

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum this year, and it's not my first year growing but it's the most plants I've grown at a time. Currently I've got 12 plants of various different strains, all in 15 gallon root pouches except one I tried in a 15 gallon air pot and one in a 15 gallon smart pot (just to try them out). They all have a topsoil/ compost mix fertilized with dr.earth products. I've used root zone, bat guano, life, and home grown. I also use compost tee once every two-three weeks. I've topped all my plants once already once I hit 4-5 nodes and I just topped them again so I'm at 4 tops each now. Later in the season I plan on Lolly popping (trimming all low growing shoots in order to keep healthier, less prone to infections, and infestations). Also fimming ( to grow the final tops into four separate tops and to stop growing the plant vertically). And super cropping (braking stems downward so the shoots grow downward and bigger from the extra room). So I was looking for any advise people have to offer to help me maximize my yield and help produce bigger better buds etc. Any help is appreciated, thank you everyone for reading, and thanks for welcoming me to the 420 magazine forum community!

IMG_084838.JPG
IMG_084941.JPG

Welcome to the forum Ted!

Sounds like you've been busy! Liking the soil mix! What lights are you using if indoors?
I would suggest SCROG netting some of the plants, it works really well with topping and you can create a nice even canopy come flower time.
As for pictures, a smart phone with the app is what I use and it's user friendly, but I'm sure a Pc guy will sub in soon with some advise.

Looking forward to the grow!

Hey thanks for the quick reasponce! And busy I have been that's for sure! I just figured out how to attach some photos. The formentioned grow is outdoors, I have an indoor grow I've been setting up and getting ready. I've got everything for that ready to go except for lights I still need to buy but I already have the room set up, homemade hydroponic set up, ac dehumidier, air purifier etc. but back to the grow. I've done some research into scrogging just not sure how I would do it outdoors with my plants lined up the way they are. And if I understand correctly it's to support the weight of the buds to take strain off the plant? Does it truly increase yields??

Nice looking plot buddy, I've ordered some 23L grow bags for the summer, can't wait to use them!
The added support the net gives is just a bonus, but the idea is to keep all the side branches at the same height as one another, to produce more than one "main cola". You grow the side branches horizontally rather than vertically, you'd be just about ready to put a net up now. You could put 4-6 stakes around the edge of the bags, and a screen strung on top of the stakes to make the canopy net. If you don't plan on moving the plants, you could put stakes outside of the bags and make a single row atop of the plants. I'd say it defiantly increases yeild indoors, but outdoors the sun does a pretty good job at reaching the lower branches. Check some pics out on google "outdoor scrog".

Here's a pretty good page on setting it all up -

Hydroponic screen of green - How to Grow Weed Indoors

So I've been looking into setting up a scrogging fence and I'm stuck between a 2"x2"mesh plastic fence that's 2' tall and a 2"x3" mesh metal fence that's 3' tall (obviously "tall" will be wide in this instance). I imagine that either one will be enough room to the plant to grow through but just to be safe I figured I'd ask for your input.

Back
Top Bottom