Looking for the best LED for a grow tent 4x4

Hey grow community! I’m looking to get a better light for my 4x4 tent. Right now I have a LED 600w light I got off amazon. Works good, but I only get 2-3oz each lady. Was told to step my light game up to get like 10oz a lady. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Check out AMARE . Talk to Victor. They are a higher end light been using them for 5 years. I use a SE 450 in my 4 x 4.

Tell him Weed Dude sent you.

nope... a blue light will wake them up just like if you turned on the sun. Look up the chlorophyll A and B response
You mean phytochrome A and B? As far as I understand, phytochrome A is converted to B in the presence of infared light, which triggers flower once the ratio of A and B are at the right level. But if it's not infared, how does phytochrome A get converted to B in order to induce flower?

I asked my plant science teacher this and they basically said you can't remove the red spectrum from a light, but I don't know if he was aware of colored LEDs.

You mean phytochrome A and B? As far as I understand, phytochrome A is converted to B in the presence of infared light, which triggers flower once the ratio of A and B are at the right level. But if it's not infared, how does phytochrome A get converted to B in order to induce flower?

I asked my plant science teacher this and they basically said you can't remove the red spectrum from a light, but I don't know if he was aware of colored LEDs.
no, I am referring to the level of photosynthesis for veg and for flower... A and B points on the chart where the maximum occurs.

Hey grow community! I’m looking to get a better light for my 4x4 tent. Right now I have a LED 600w light I got off amazon. Works good, but I only get 2-3oz each lady. Was told to step my light game up to get like 10oz a lady. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Check out the lights from AMARE. I have been using them for 5 + years. Talk to Victor. I use a SE-450 in my 4 x 4. Here is a pic of part of one of my grows. Tell him Weed Dude sent you.
GR 21 LED HRV-3.JPG

So what about a 315 CMH light? for the 4x4? low heat, low power draw and a spectrum closest to the sun. I know its not an LED but some of the comparisons are making me want to switch. I also use a viperspectra 600W LED but iwll go with Maybe the Sun System LEC 315.

All this is overwhelming to a newbie like me. But, on the subject of LED lighting.
I got some seeds and planted 4 of them and went to Home Depot and got an LED tube light. I think it's 10 watts but not exactly sure (see picture). Mounted it at the top of a big box and lined the box with tin-foil. I adjust the plants so they are always close to the light since it produces no heat. I've got a heating pad and thermostat in the bottom to keep the plants about 75 to 78 degrees. Fertilizing once a week with the Fox Farms group. 6.3 pH. 16/8 light.
The plants are coming along nicely but slowly . They are about 9 to 10 inches tall - from the dirt.
See picture after about a month since 1st node. I'm watering/fertilizing per Emilya.
Right now the plants are taking up very little room in my home office and I love the smell. I'm having fun.
I really don't want to lay out the money (and I don't have the room) for mega watt lights/fans, etc.
When you stop laughing at me: My question is: am I kidding myself with a 10 W LED? Will I get like minuscule harvest?
I'd be happy with a small harvest if I can do it with a small $$ output.
Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Plant.jpg
Light.jpg
box.jpg

All this is overwhelming to a newbie like me. But, on the subject of LED lighting.
I got some seeds and planted 4 of them and went to Home Depot and got an LED tube light. I think it's 10 watts but not exactly sure (see picture). Mounted it at the top of a big box and lined the box with tin-foil. I adjust the plants so they are always close to the light since it produces no heat. I've got a heating pad and thermostat in the bottom to keep the plants about 75 to 78 degrees. Fertilizing once a week with the Fox Farms group. 6.3 pH. 16/8 light.
The plants are coming along nicely but slowly . They are about 9 to 10 inches tall - from the dirt.
See picture after about a month since 1st node. I'm watering/fertilizing per Emilya.
Right now the plants are taking up very little room in my home office and I love the smell. I'm having fun.
I really don't want to lay out the money (and I don't have the room) for mega watt lights/fans, etc.
When you stop laughing at me: My question is: am I kidding myself with a 10 W LED? Will I get like minuscule harvest?
I'd be happy with a small harvest if I can do it with a small $$ output.
Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Your plants look very nice for just using that box and an led tube but the truth and the answer to your question is this ...that 10w led is roughly equivalent to a 100watts worth of florescent tubes ...and back before HID's and so on People myself included used florescent tubes ( I actually used them in a large dog kennel) . You will get a small harvest and I would recommend putting them in 12/12 now also you would probably be better off with just one plant in your box and 2 of those bulbs running vertical in the corners , it would be almost like an old school Phototron grow box (look it up). hope that helps .

Hi,
The plants have been growing about an inch a day and are now about 10 to 13 inches tall.
What's the advantage of going 12/12, now? If I put them into 12/12, wouldn't they just stop growing and go to flower? I think there is room for them to grow to at least two feet in the box. Maybe more if I lift the box up.
like your suggestion on the two vertical tubes. Think I'll go to the hardware store and get another one.
Why throw out 3 of the plants? Do you think they are too crowded?
Thanks for the help!
Bob

Hi,
The plants have been growing about an inch a day and are now about 10 to 13 inches tall.
What's the advantage of going 12/12, now? If I put them into 12/12, wouldn't they just stop growing and go to flower? I think there is room for them to grow to at least two feet in the box. Maybe more if I lift the box up.
like your suggestion on the two vertical tubes. Think I'll go to the hardware store and get another one.
Why throw out 3 of the plants? Do you think they are too crowded?
Thanks for the help!
Bob

I suggest going to 12/12 now because you need to anticipate some stretch anywhere for 2x - 3x its height by the time it finishes . I feel that more than one plant will be over crowded in that space and make it difficult to regulate the environment in the box, as you are going to also need good air movement in the box when she fills out and starts to flower otherwise you will enter mold territory . I didn't say throw them out ..build three more small boxes or go bigger ..

Ok quick question. Im just getting into growing and i have $1000 to spend. I need everything and i want a 2tent setup. 4x4 and 5x5 is what im aiming for. Can anyone hook me up with some advice or a list please

I suggest going to 12/12 now because you need to anticipate some stretch anywhere for 2x - 3x its height by the time it finishes . I feel that more than one plant will be over crowded in that space and make it difficult to regulate the environment in the box, as you are going to also need good air movement in the box when she fills out and starts to flower otherwise you will enter mold territory . I didn't say throw them out ..build three more small boxes or go bigger ..
Aha, I see. OK, thanks. Will do. I didn't know it went on growing during flowering stage.

Aha, I see. OK, thanks. Will do. I didn't know it went on growing during flowering stage.
yes the sure due ...if you know the strain you are growing you can do some google searches and you might be able to find out what to expect as far as the "stretch".

Ok quick question. Im just getting into growing and i have $1000 to spend. I need everything and i want a 2tent setup. 4x4 and 5x5 is what im aiming for. Can anyone hook me up with some advice or a list please
I feel you would be better off asking that question in your own thread and in the general growers section ...it would also suit you to state what kind of grow medium you are wanting to get into ...soil,coco,hydro as they all have different up front costs as well as how many plants you are wanting to run in these tents ...I'm assuming one is for veg and one is for flower.

Back
Top Bottom