Looking to start

Fantask

Hi,

I'm currently doing alot of reading on growing and looking to make it a hobby with it being legal here in Canada. I would like to become self-sufficient for my cannabis needs which are approximetly 2 pounds per year. I live in a condo, with a small child and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a safe grow tent kit for absolute beginners? My main concern is odors for neighbors but mostly my kid, being able to do the whole process from seeds to bud in it with low fire-hasard. My budget is 1k cad. If anyone would be so kind to point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

If you're worried about space, go indica dominant, they tend to grow smaller... as do most auto's. But you can't just throw a 6x6 in a closet and forget about it. When the plants get deeper into flower, it's gonna get stanky. My office.. actually, my entire house stanks right now and I'm only approaching 2 weeks into flower. I live where it's not gonna effect me unless someone gets murdered in the field behind my house, but for everyone else.. you need to look into a carbon filter exhaust fan to get rid of that skunky smell, which trust me, can be overpowering. They are relatively cheap, but don't discount how much it's going to smell.

And midnight for me...Happy New Year !

Have you looked into DWC at all? We are starting a grow soon and plan to use DWC (deep water culture).

Thoughts on strain?

Autos?

I haven't no, i figured soil and a proper tent would be the best way to go for a first time. I have some white widow auto-flower, trainwreck and some cookies kush seeds. I was thinking to do the auto first and then the cookies kush most likely if i feel confident enough.

If you're worried about space, go indica dominant, they tend to grow smaller... as do most auto's. But you can't just throw a 6x6 in a closet and forget about it. When the plants get deeper into flower, it's gonna get stanky. My office.. actually, my entire house stanks right now and I'm only approaching 2 weeks into flower. I live where it's not gonna effect me unless someone gets murdered in the field behind my house, but for everyone else.. you need to look into a carbon filter exhaust fan to get rid of that skunky smell, which trust me, can be overpowering. They are relatively cheap, but don't discount how much it's going to smell.

And midnight for me...Happy New Year !

So even with a good tent and a carbon filter it would still stink up the whole condo? I might have to wait in that case.

A good carbon filter exhaust would give you so much room for error. I have a buddy who lives in a condo with his extra bedroom as his flower room. You would never know. And it's because he has a nice carbon filter installed. His next door neighbor runs a daycare.
My point was mostly that if you live in a close area to other people and perhaps you are not allowed to grow by lease/law etc, think about the smell, it might even be the cheapest part of your setup....A couple quick google searches and a 500 person 4+ star Amazon review will give you answers. I don't have to worry about it where I live. Just saying my mom came to visit for Christmas and I got hell a little bit ago via phone because her priest said she smelled like pot today.

So even with a good tent and a carbon filter it would still stink up the whole condo? I might have to wait in that case.
a carbon filter makes it so much more doable.

Just to clarify, with a decent filter you'll be ok. I just wanted to make sure you know you'd need one. Your seed stash is nicely.. stinky :)

Our diy setup is not a tent but still self contained concept. The fan pulls air out and forces it through the filter. **since this photo the seems have been sealed with tape, starting to flower and smell more.**
D724F2FB-15BA-4EA4-95FD-4849DC697672.jpeg

Hello fellow Canadian...... if you can afford a little more.... say $1250... I just purchased and setup a 2x4x5’8” gorilla grow kit. Bought online in Canada and received within a week. It contains everything you will need including the carbon filter, in-line fan, tent, gauges, lights, nutrients, pots..... everything you will need to start growing except the soil. Just do a quick google search and you will find several Canadian companies selling these kits. Good luck with your new hobby!

Our diy setup is not a tent but still self contained concept. The fan pulls air out and forces it through the filter. **since this photo the seems have been sealed with tape, starting to flower and smell more.**
D724F2FB-15BA-4EA4-95FD-4849DC697672.jpeg
Liking because I like the set-up and because I'm a Milwaukee tool guy as well! Best there ever was

Back
Top Bottom