Looks Like I Over Did It!

protog

420 Member
Hey Everybody, To me, this looks like Nitrogen Tox. I'm not sure how it happened, I'm nearing the end of my rookie year and have been doing the same feeding routine. I thought I'd experienced almost every problem and calamity possible... but there seems to always be something new. I have flushed the girls twice and was hoping to see some improvement today. I guess "not worse" is good news. Is there anything else I should do? It did not effect my Flowering plants as they get a different nute mix. Everything was going along just fine ... That should have been a warning right there...

#3 Full.jpg

#1.jpg

Hey FelipeBlu. They are growing in Dirt and the Nutes are Fox Farm. Plus CalMag and occasionally the Fox Farn Bat Poop stuff. They have been getting the same routine,12 weeks. If this is Nitrogen Tox, I guess I really messed up.

Hi protog - that just looks like over watering
The leaves are not dark green; there are no burnt tips
The entire leaf is bloated and curling; the whole plant is limp and pale
If you are in pots, place towels under pots to draw out some excess water maybe?
If the towel becomes wet, there's too much water in the root zone

Hey FelipeBlu. They are growing in Dirt and the Nutes are Fox Farm. Plus CalMag and occasionally the Fox Farn Bat Poop stuff. They have been getting the same routine,12 weeks. If this is Nitrogen Tox, I guess I really messed up.
@Growings makes some good points re the lack of dark green and no burned tips. It’s likely overwatering.

But let’s look under the hood and analyze the nutrient profile you have been providing, and see if there’s room to optimize that.

Which FF products are you using, and are you following their feed chart?

Hey Emilya, Thanks. I flushed them twice over 2 days. I will flush again. I started adjusting the pH down about 3 weeks ago...my pH here is 7, city water. I've been hesitant to mess with it since it is still within range. I read that I could create more problems-which I don't need. I've always let the plants get a little dry before watering. Of course, I thought I was being careful with the Nutes. I hope they will recover fast. Thank you for your help.

Flushing again would be counter productive. If you are using the word flush to mean you gave plain water, but not to mean that you moved 3x the container size through there, we need to talk. You should adjust the pH of your fluids every time to 6.3, immediately before applying the fluid to the plant. This needs to happen whether it is nutes or just plain water. This could also be over watering, as someone said earlier. If you are not letting the plants get a LOT dry between waterings, like light as a feather and dry all the way down to the bottom, then you are indeed overwatering. If you are not following a f/w/f/w schedule, then you are over fertilizing. Let me please invite you to read my article on how to properly water a potted plant... the link is in my signature.

nitrogen tox looks more like canoes curling,, this looks like simple watering issues,, the leaf look is pointing me to overwatering

flushing twice and probly a watering in there too,, drowning in love

I'm going to weigh in on the side of too much water. The leaves really don't have that dark green, waxy, Nitrogen tox look, and clawing from what I've observed in my grows usually results in thin pointy leaf tips curled down with burnt leaf tips. Certainly a flush to re-set the soil won't hurt (and you already did that), but you can't continually dump water on them without a drying period. It'll cause root damage.

Since you are in fabric pots…. dont let them sit in a wet spot, use grill grate or oven rack to improvise but elevate a grate above tent floor place your grow bag on top and put fan moving air underneath fabric pots

if your tent is sitting on concrete floor or tile floor that can cause cold feet / wet feet on your chicks. use sheet foam to insulate slab and wood pallet or two to elevate tent above slab. An indoor or covered concrete slab stays about 55 degrees all year long….

OK, I am totally confused. I don't water every day, many times the leaves are drooping. That way I know they are thirsty . I will start adjusting pH for everything. And read your article.
My girls sit off the floor, which is wood. They don't get cold. There are a lot of things that they get, but not cold feet.
Thanks for all the help. Hopefully, recovery photos will follow soon!

OK, I am totally confused.
yes,, you are indeed. your plant got this far i might suggest. so all is good.

chill out with the water for a cpl days. and lessen the nutes a touch too perhaps. just for caution sake

i see buddage in your future friend

Back
Top Bottom