My plant looks like it died overnight

tyrat5

420 Member
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am growing my first grow. I've been doing my best to learn how best to take care of my plants. They seem to have good light conditions, humidity, and I've been trying by best not to over water them. My seedlings seemed to be growing without issues. Last night transplanted one of them, because it was growing in a pot with another seedling (It was initially a seed that I though wouldn't grow and I just placed it in the same plot to see what would happen.) However, this morning it started to look like it's died over night. Last night it look normal and healthy; however, this morning, the leaves were drooping, which continued until it got to the state it's in now, and the leaves have turned a dark green. Is there any saving this plant or should I just cut my loses and start a new seed?

I have included the before and after photos. Hopefully they help.

IMG_6249.png

IMG_6245.png

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and am growing my first grow. I've been doing my best to learn how best to take care of my plants. They seem to have good light conditions, humidity, and I've been trying by best not to over water them. My seedlings seemed to be growing without issues. Last night transplanted one of them, because it was growing in a pot with another seedling (It was initially a seed that I though wouldn't grow and I just placed it in the same plot to see what would happen.) However, this morning it started to look like it's died over night. Last night it look normal and healthy; however, this morning, the leaves were drooping, which continued until it got to the state it's in now, and the leaves have turned a dark green. Is there any saving this plant or should I just cut my loses and start a new seed?

I have included the before and after photos. Hopefully they help.

IMG_6249.png

IMG_6245.png
Hello @tyrat5 welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Sorry your having problems.
I could give you some tips to try and save her if you want.
But it'll be a slow grower for a week or two if you save it.
If you have more seeds I'd just pop a new one. It'll be faster. :Namaste:
Make sure you put it by itself in a cup or pot.
Bill

Hello @tyrat5 welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Sorry your having problems.
I could give you some tips to try and save her if you want.
But it'll be a slow grower for a week or two if you save it.
If you have more seeds I'd just pop a new one. It'll be faster. :Namaste:
Make sure you put it by itself in a cup or pot.
Bill
Hey, thank you for reaching out. I would like to try to save her, because I want to know what the issue is and how to best correct it. So if something like this happens in a future grow, I would know how to best manage.

Hey, thank you for reaching out. I would like to try to save her, because I want to know what the issue is and how to best correct it. So if something like this happens in a future grow, I would know how to best manage.
Ok do you have any superthrive or b1, or any seaweed products?
Do you have any h2o2.
You probably damaged the tap root during transplant.
Bill

Ok do you have any superthrive or b1, or any seaweed products?
Do you have any h2o2.
You probably damaged the tap root during transplant.
Bill
I have h202 but I don't have any of the other stuff. I do have general hydroponic plant nutrients.

Good news everyone. I checked on my plant this morning and she has a stiff stem again. It seems like she went through transplant shock. My plan is to now remove the wilted leaves

IMG_6253.jpg

Yeah. Don't remove any leaves or cotyledons when they are this small.
They will use them up and dispose of them when they are done.
You also open the plant up to disease when it is struggling.

Agree, when they are that small best to leave any leaves on and just let them naturally fall off.
Good to see that it is recovering though. :thumb:

Good news everyone. I checked on my plant this morning and she has a stiff stem again. It seems like she went through transplant shock. My plan is to now remove the wilted leaves

IMG_6253.jpg
Nooooo don't touch her.
Let her be.
She needs all the photosynthesis she can get.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom