Low pH

AgedMaster

Is this a calcium deficiency I ordered a cheap ph stick it was pre set I never trusted it so I paid £40 for a good ph stick. I checked the ph of what I was feeding with the other ph stick and it was 5.3ph I fed them that for 5 days I have corrected that now. Should I flush them or continue to feed as normal
IMG_20231122_150631.jpg
IMG_20231122_150322.jpg

feed as normal.

you might consider a little calmag. it may sort itself without but i'd keep watch. it's come through an ask already.

Hi I will get some cal mag I will add that for a week thanks

don't go overboard on it. a mild ph issue will have a look similar to a calmag ask. with ph under control you wouldn't need much.

BIOTIC OR ABIOTIC

Experienced growers who perform regular scouting can easily recognize patterns in their canopy. With multiple cultivars, as most cannabis growers tend to run, this can get tricky. However, if you pay attention to each cultivar as its own project it is greatly simplified. Growers should be looking for areas of chlorosis, yellowing of the plants, and necrosis, brown dead tissue that cannot regenerate. Wilting and leaf angles are more important as environmental signalers rather than as indicators for nutrient issues and we will discuss that separately. The first step we need to take in diagnosing a plant issue is to determine the cause of the visual cues we are evaluating. That first step is to determine if the cause of your plant's stress is biotic (think pests and pathogens) or abiotic (think nutrients and environment).

A biotic symptom is almost always displayed randomly throughout the crop, unless you wait far too long and then it will affect the entire crop. Pests and pathogens tend to jump around from area to area and plant to plant, skipping some plants entirely and going after others. Be sure to include a sufficiently strong scope in your scouting tool kit. Examine the underside of leaves with a strong handheld scope. The crucial importance of proper scouting can not be over emphasized! A real life example would be a grower showing signs of K deficiency that after scoping realized he had been fighting russet mites for months with K inputs! You can't act appropriately without a proper identification, regardless of whether you are dealing with a biotic or an abiotic issue. If you are looking at an individual plant for symptoms ask yourself if there is a discernible pattern on the leaves? If you were to fold a leaf over would it line up with damage on the other side fairly consistently? If your response is yes and you are seeing patterns; entire benches or quadrants within your canopy, then you are most likely dealing with an abiotic stress. Abiotic stresses are caused by nutrient issues and environmental issues. If you find that you are dealing with a pest issue you need to contact a licensed, qualified professional

My 2 cents, best ph stick ,Blue Lab a little $$$ but worth it and if you're in soil, When in doubt get it tested out!! Don't waste the cash on adding stuff you don't need sometimes less is more✌️
Hi pal I have a blue lab truncheon I never thought about them selling ph sticks. I brought one of those cheap yellow ph sticks it was scrap so I brought the vitalink essential ph stick it's a lot better it came with ph 7 buffer. I can also buy ph 7 vitalink buffer from my local hydroponics shop I will get the blue lab when this one dies. And my plants are doing fine its just one leaf out of the 4 plants it hasn't spread to other leaves ,

I would think that the soil meter like mine would work on coco email them at their Customer address I'm sure they could fix you up. There's a plastic cap over the probe with storage solution in it they sell that as well I can't let the probe dry out so I rinse it off and I always put it back in the cap right away then rinse solution off when I use it. Hope this helps you out it's worth having quality tools no matter what you are doing ✌️

I would think that the soil meter like mine would work on coco email them at their Customer address I'm sure they could fix you up. There's a plastic cap over the probe with storage solution in it they sell that as well I can't let the probe dry out so I rinse it off and I always put it back in the cap right away then rinse solution off when I use it. Hope this helps you out it's worth having quality tools no matter what you are doing ✌️
Thanks for the information pal much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom