LST During Flowering

OG1969

Have two blackcherry soda clones that were topped and bent, PST, during veg. Each has four tops or mains. But there is a lot of shade, could I pull the four branches out to open up the middle without harming the budding process? Thanks in advance OG

Re: LST During Flowering.

Have two blackcherry soda clones that were topped and bent, PST, during veg. Each has four tops or mains. But there is a lot of shade, could I pull the four branches out to open up the middle without harming the budding process? Thanks in advance OG
yes you can... just be careful you don't snap them.. i would do a little each day.. good luck..

Thank you for the input , before and after pics will see what a day or two does.
IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

What you did looks ok to me as long as you didn't snap the branch. The tops should point straight back up in no time. Don't know if that would be described as LST or more of just opening things up a little bit. Lst as I know it would be more like training the plant in veg to produce multiple Colas by bending the main Cola sideways and maybe even pointing down a little to get the side branches to form into main Colas of their own. The more you keep tying down that main Cola as it grows...the more the side branches turn into main Colas. Plant looks good though my friend...good luck :)

The plant is a little over 30 days old planted 7/19/12 . It was bent and topped during veg, pulled the first stake out of the ground. Just wanted to get some light in the middle with bending and removing a few fan leaves it gets a lot more light and the tips are already up, as well as some of the inner branching. Could have gone further, but playing it safe wanna see the end result.

I hear that...I get a little nervous messing around with her once the stem has gotten "woody" too. Looks like you're gonna be pleasantly rewarded though :)

That is the plan, will take a few pics before dark, amazing what these plants will do to try and get the canopy even as quickly as possible. I also have the same strain untopped or bent just natural that is doing really well will snap a picture of her while I am out there. And been there done that with the woody branches before so I try and stay away from them if I can.

Well has only been a few hours, but all the tops are up and the inner branches look good as well , sorry for the phone pics , its all I have at the moment.
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

The last pic is the small plant but seems to be doing okay playing catch up.

Back
Top Bottom