LST pics inside

P5110486.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

WOW, beautiful plant, nice job.

LST stands for Low Stress Training.

I use it on a mother because that's what I have. It works great for me, by pulling the main branches down, you really see the middle of the plant take off.

yes great for moms actually since you can effectively give your self many great even sites to cut clones from...

Top of my mom.. This is a clone from my mega GWS above..

DSCN00191.JPG

Hopefully my little contribution may assist those readers whose plants are beyond the infant stage....just be very gentle to avoid stem splitting.

My first LST attempt wasn't started unit my first indoor grow was in the 11th week. The small plant size was due to being grown under a 13W desk lamp for the entire veg cycle as a lark, just to see if it would grow. I soon discovered this great site, and thanks to the people here, greatly expanded both my own knowledge, and growing environment. Many thanks to all of you.

wk11c627.JPG

At 12 weeks, using decorative pipe cleaners (fuzzy stuff stripped off) wired to small hooks holding the branches, carefully anchoring four branches to the rim of the pot.

wk12704a.JPG

By 13 weeks, this bitch'in canopy formed, allowing most of the new buds equal height for better light coverage.

wk13a711.JPG

Even though my mouth waters looking at McBudz fine grow, I was still pretty happy with the results at 15 weeks, especially with having such a lame start to begin with. Shown here for a Super Bloom treatment in the sink.

wk15B72506.JPG

Back in my ghetto grow box. Perfect fit.

box01.JPG

What can be more satisfying than trimming the fruits of our labor:slide:

harvest02.JPG

heres a couple shots of my best plant right now exploding with new growth since i tied it down

this is a little over 30 days since the seed broke soil with florescents
9-6-2009_005.jpg

9-6-2009_004.jpg

Some really fine looking plants.

My new grow, 3 week old bag babies, LST'ing 3 days. Two seed groups someone gave me, not a clue what they are, just hoping one is a mama to be.

EOW039-09-09.JPG

very nice dude, they look great! I love seeing plants all tied up. I tied mine down again today.. Since i switched to 12/12, they have been growing like crazy in the dark trying to find light.

Same plants 2 1/2 weeks later

092609c.JPG

I fashion hooks from staples, and use decorative pipe clears with the fleece burned off to tie down branches. Infinitely adjustable, and re useable with out having to fumble with strings.

sept0899d1.JPG

nice idea you have there, it looks to be very effective. I used string to tie mine down, but never really needed to adjust them at all. Your way looks much easier though, and you can reuse materials which is always a plus

nice idea you have there, it looks to be very effective. I used string to tie mine down, but never really needed to adjust them at all. Your way looks much easier though, and you can reuse materials which is always a plus

Strings and binder clips are super easy, adjustable and reusable as well.

DSCN01441.JPG

Latest pic of the plant in the foreground of the coffee table shot. Middle plant turned out to be a male, and I adopted out the plant on the far end. As of today, 5th day of LST training in her new 12" pot, and 11th day of flower cycle.

10-13-09A1.JPG

so it is possible to do both topping and LST?. if soo which one do i do first, great info guys/

Certainly it's possible. Instead of one main stalk, your creating two by topping the plant, usually at the 4th week, or after the plant develops three leaf nodes.
LST is simply tying the branches down, restricting vertical growth no matter if the plant was topped or not. Just make small, incremental adjustments when you tie the branches. MJ is easy to train.

This is the same plant as I posted on 10/13, taken yesterday, just before I harvested her. I released all the LST ties at the 6th week of flower, letting her grow normally during the last two weeks.

plantEOW15-12-02-09B.JPG

I hope that im not spaming your
GOna add some pics (inside LST) ...Hope you dont mind.
IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

Note - do NOT top your plants if you are going to do LST... it can end bad... ill post some pics of "bad" later (dont have camera now)

PC110376.JPG

ignore my hoof

IMG_4559.jpg

bottom view

I have few grows behind me and i had always use the LST. Its just method that works so good in small spaces . And some say youll lose the main cola ... F... the main cola ...when you get 10 sec. colas. I think that everyone should try LST ...im gona try it outdoor this year.

Hazeseeker nice job with the lst... im about a month from germination and i noticed that when i did lst theres new growth but the fan leaves that were there before are getting weak and curled up i noticed you did some pruning in the the first pic around the 1st and 2nd internode should i do the same also to encourage more growth to the new tops or leave them???

Well yeah that applies to any plant you lst. You can do that to any branch, must be careful. Try not to pull branches down and away from the main stem like that or you will wishbone it. If you taped it together right away it could have healed up nicely. I've been there and done that :)

Next time, try bending them in a crisscross pattern. This way you bend the left side to the right and the right side to the left so you don't split it. Just a thought.:)

Back
Top Bottom