Macro bud shots

OldMedUser

Formerly Known as LabRat
High there all. I was playing around with some old camera lenses and my digi cam and came up with these today. I plan on doing more as the grow progresses and will try to get in here and post when I get some good ones. They'll be in my journal as well. :peace:

Day_49_37_1212MacroBud01.jpg

Day_49_37_1212MacroBud03Y.jpg

Day_49_37_1212_200mm02.jpg

Thanks guys. I was going to take some new ones tonite but buddy came over with mucho beer to pay me for installing a new PS and some ram in his POS computer. I don't think that much good would come of me playing in the garden tonite. Topping up the water is about the best I can manage right now without regretting something in the morning.

I'm going to play around with a way to mount the 200mm zoom so that I can mount and remove the digi cam and use it like a half-assed one piece unit. Then I could zoom in a lot closer.

I'll be back. :peace:

man, i cant get near as close as you can... i am working with a 80$ point and shoot from wal-mart

a120.jpg

That's an excellent shot, very nicely cropped and well presented. The resolution is too low in the displayed photo to see the fine detail. When I blow that pic up it quickly becomes pixelated. You're allowed to upload photos to 1 meg with near unlimited space for pix.

Nowadays $80 can get a decent little digi cam. I'm using a $150 10MP Nikon CoolPix with infiniteMP Canon lenses to get these shots. I've got a polarized filter at the end of the 200mm with a cheap sunlight filter in front of that to catch all the gooey mess from the buds. A little iso takes care of that.

I use an old copy of Paint Shop Pro 8 for my digi photo needs. An old love and experience with the analog version of digital photography led me to this union of the genres. Actually, I read about this before and I'm stealing the credit. Oops, I didn't say that out loud did I?

Anyway, I plan on doing more of this and if you have questions then go ahead and ask and I'll do my best to answer.

I just wish I could get my 35mm gear in here but there's no privacy at photo centers and I no longer have the equipment to develop and print film.

C'ya L8r. :peace:

Hey there. I took a few more but only this one looked good enough to post. Kinda busy but I'll get around to some more shortly.

Day_52_40_1212Macro01.jpg

A couple more for the collection. I swapped out one HPS for an EYE Hotilux bulb so I get better colour.

Day_55_43_1212_bud1.jpg

Day_55_43_1212_calyx1.jpg

Great photos, looks like bud from Avatar! :D

Thanks. I haven't seen Avatar yet but it looks like a pretty cool flick. I usually wait for a movie to come out on DVD then rent one to burn a copy.

I'm going to take more pics as the buds mature and get more colour so stay tuned.

L8r. :peace:

A couple more for the collection. I swapped out one HPS for an EYE Hotilux bulb so I get better colour.

Day_55_43_1212_bud1.jpg

Day_55_43_1212_calyx1.jpg

hhhmmmmm...me like....

hey labrat... i just got a 1000w switchable ballast and Im using HPS bulb since im already flowering, but i dont have a MH bulb... do you think the MH will grow them better during veg... I know my 1000w HPS bulb puts out 140,000 lumens, but a common MH bulb puts out 110,000... first of all, do you recommend using the MH during veg and second, which bulb would you recommend. Im looking for the best MH bulb, dont care about price(as long as it doesn't cost more than a 1000w ballast lol. Thx in advance Labrat, and good luck in the upcoming Member Of The Month contest... Roseman will be tough competition

High C5Rftw.

The only "plant" bulb I've ever used for my 1000W MH ballast was the Sunmaster Warm Deluxe and it produced plants with nice dense buds. It burned out at the beginning of the last grow so I picked up a common MH and was using that to finish the flowering. The buds were a lot fluffier than what I got with the Sunmaster. Then again I should have used my 2-400W HPS lamps to flower with like now and maybe got better buds.

The Sunmaster cost me $175 compared to $35 for a common MH but proved superior for flowering. For veg the $140 price difference would pay for a lot of power to run the light. I'd like to swap one of my 1000W MH ballasts for a 1000W HPS but don't have any non-digital growing buddies to swap with. lol

Lumens are not the end-all and be-all of plant lighting. Many lumens of all bulbs are emitted in spectra that the plant cannot use so total lumens are not really as important as the PAR watts or Photosynthetically Active Radiation the bulb puts out. The Sunmaster bulb I have is rated at only 105,000 lumens and 315 PAR watts. So PAR watts are what your looking for to get the best bulb for your needs. I don't have a list of ratings at hand but I'm sure a little time with Google will get you all the info you need to make an informed decision.

Thanks for the good luck wishes in the MOM elections and yes Roseman will be tough competition but as he has built a loyal following through his hard work and contributions to the cause I won't be disappointed should he or anyone else win. I'm looking forward to the vote and win or lose it should be a lot of fun.

C'ya.

:peace:

High C5Rftw.

The only "plant" bulb I've ever used for my 1000W MH ballast was the Sunmaster Warm Deluxe and it produced plants with nice dense buds. It burned out at the beginning of the last grow so I picked up a common MH and was using that to finish the flowering. The buds were a lot fluffier than what I got with the Sunmaster. Then again I should have used my 2-400W HPS lamps to flower with like now and maybe got better buds.

The Sunmaster cost me $175 compared to $35 for a common MH but proved superior for flowering. For veg the $140 price difference would pay for a lot of power to run the light. I'd like to swap one of my 1000W MH ballasts for a 1000W HPS but don't have any non-digital growing buddies to swap with. lol

Lumens are not the end-all and be-all of plant lighting. Many lumens of all bulbs are emitted in spectra that the plant cannot use so total lumens are not really as important as the PAR watts or Photosynthetically Active Radiation the bulb puts out. The Sunmaster bulb I have is rated at only 105,000 lumens and 315 PAR watts. So PAR watts are what your looking for to get the best bulb for your needs. I don't have a list of ratings at hand but I'm sure a little time with Google will get you all the info you need to make an informed decision.

Thanks for the good luck wishes in the MOM elections and yes Roseman will be tough competition but as he has built a loyal following through his hard work and contributions to the cause I won't be disappointed should he or anyone else win. I'm looking forward to the vote and win or lose it should be a lot of fun.

C'ya.

wow man, thx for the info.. I would love to have that one bulb, but I just can pay 170 $ for a bulb, where i could get a 1000w ballast for that.

yah all these contest should be great this month

The only "plant" bulb I've ever used for my 1000W MH ballast was the Sunmaster Warm Deluxe and it produced plants with nice dense buds. :peace:

LabRat, Mad props bro! The best buds I have ever grown were under a Sunmaster 1000W MH. Switched from HPS 1000W Hortilux to the MH. Night and day not bigger or more yield, healthier and frostier! :peace:

That's a real nice shot for a 3mp camera. Good shot with a Polaroid.

My digi cam is 10 Mp and I have to dunb it down to post them here.

I could set the camera for lower specs but would rather play with them in Paint Shop Pro 8. +Reps for that one!

That's a real nice shot for a 3mp camera. Good shot with a Polaroid.

My digi cam is 10 Mp and I have to dunb it down to post them here.

I could set the camera for lower specs but would rather play with them in Paint Shop Pro 8. +Reps for that one!

thanks man.. I just wish I could put some 1900x1200 shot on here... then you really feel like your in the jungle lol

thanks man.. I just wish I could put some 1900x1200 shot on here... then you really feel like your in the jungle lol

Actually, it's the file size, 1 meg or smaller, not the picture size that matters. My pics start at 3648 x 2736, or 12 x 9", and almost 5 megs. If I want the whole pic to show I cut the resolution down from 300 pixels/inch to 200 or less to get the file size under 1 meg. And/or I crop the photo to show the part I feel is best and leave the rez at 300 ppi. Plus when you get the location from your photo gallery if you click on the pic and save the location of the larger pic the larger one will be displayed in your post.

This is the larger one...
Day_67_55_1212_Macro4.jpg

...and this is the smaller one.
Day_67_55_1212_Macro4.jpg

And these are some more of the latest ones.

This one was cropped to show the single calyx in higher,(300 ppi), resolution.
Day_67_55_1212_Macro3.jpg

These were sized 6x6.9" and the rez lowered to 200 ppi.

Day_67_55_1212_Macro2.jpg

Day_67_55_1212_Macro1.jpg

Tttthat's all folks! :bong:

Back
Top Bottom