Magnus Growing Chemdawg Using Remo Nutes

Hi Magnus my first thought is they look very wet. Are you thoroughly letting them dry out before watering? Can you get a picture of the bag of soil so we can see what's in it?
I had just finished watering them before I took the pic. Yes, I do let them almost fully dry out before watering. So I dont think that is the problem.

I THINK I still have the bag around from the soil. I may have tossed it already. I'll take s look right now.

20200412_100320.jpg

20200412_100343.jpg

So this all I could afford that month. But this is what I used.

Are you giving any nutes yet,?
Yes, I began giving nutes the last time I watered, when they had just turned 3 weeks old. That was a out 3 days ago, I think.

Yes, I began giving nutes the last time I watered, when they had just turned 3 weeks old. That was a out 3 days ago, I think.
Which brings up another good question... Usually, when I have grown outside I mix up super soil for my plants, thereby negating any need for additional nutes. So when I am growing indoors, how often do I feed nutrients? Every 2nd watering? Every third? I didn't give them any additional nutes today because they got nutes with the last feeding.

~Magnus

That should work I am not a fan of vermiculite as it hold moisture didn't look to be much perlite in it. Do with the vermiculite in there I would make sure they are really dry before watering.
Okey dokey!

I dont have a thermometer but is a comfortable temperature in there, seemingly at all times. I check that kind of thing at least about 4 times a day right now. Humidity isnt high at all, probably because they are so young yet. They will be harvested the week of June 1st, I'm hoping, so I shouldnt have to worry about these things and I wont be growing indoors this summer. This summer I'm going back to growing outside again. I know I always get a shitstorm of seeds whenever I grow outside but the yields make it worth it.

With that medium being peat there is nothing in it to feed the plants.thats all up to you feed every time at seedling dosage according to the feeding schedule from Remo.
Ok. That's what I was thinking when I looked at the bag just now. I have just had it drilled into me for so long not to administer nutes before three weeks. So it probably is a nute deficiency like I thought, then, is that what you are saying? If so, it should clear up with giving nutes now...

I have not used Remo nutes but they do have a good rep. How are your temps what about your ph level? I know as a fellow Alberta grower trying maintain proper humidity levels is a real pain being so dry here. I usually don't worry about humidity to much
As for my pH, I dont rightly know. My meter needs watch batteries right now, 4 of them, which I just cannot purchase this month. However, I am using melted snow do I'm assuming my pH is pretty well between 6 and 7. Certainly not more or less, I hope. There is no way for me to change this situation right now.

Wait until the soil has dried up really good before watering again with nutes. I still think that over-watering maybe your problem because of the vermiculite in there holding moisture. Then go easy with the nutes.
I'm not sure, though. I stick my finger about 1.5 inches into the soil to test the moisture content of it. There isnt a great deal of either perlite or vermiculite in that medium. But surely I will take your advice.

pH level is very important with synthetic nutes such as Remo. Another option would be a mega crop very economical to use you just mix the powder with the water and you don't have to worry about your pH like you would have to do with the Remo nutes also with mega crop you use the same news from the start to finish. I understand that you a fixed income on the long run you might be better with megacrop. I I am just finishing up my first run with mega crop and I will be using it again for ease-of-use and very economical much much less expensive than using the traditional three part Beast nutrient system with all the additives. Not to mention pH pants calibration solutions and so on and so on. anyways if you're going to be using the Remo newts you're going to have to have a way of reliably checking your pH. And in that medium I would keep it between 5.8 and 6.2.

Is that how you were checking the moisture level by sticking your finger in?That's not a good way you need to lift the pot up and feel the weight and not water again until it is almost totally dry. If you have any soil left you can fill an empty pot up with it to give you an idea of what a dry pot should feel like by weight.

Yes, I have a very good pH meter but havent needed to use it for three years so the batteries are quite dead. Yes, I know how the girls cannot uptake certain nutes if the pH isnt perfect, but there is only so much I can do right now. But those other nutes sound much easier to deal with than synthetic nutes.

I still prefer growing outside, I think. I dont worry about so much of this when using super soil. Both years I've done it I e had Fantastic plants. Here are a few shots of my last outdoor grow to prove that I actually CAN grow marijuana!

I remember those trees!
how often do I feed nutrients?
It will say on the Remo nute instructions, but like smokey said I'm guessing every time. Though FoxFarms recommends every other watering for theirs.
vermiculite in there holding moisture.
This ^
I stick my finger about 1.5 inches into the soil to test the moisture content of it
What smokey said about the lift test. Go by weight, not by feel.
pH level is very important with synthetic nutes such as Remo. Another option would be a mega crop very economical to use you just mix the powder with the water and you don't have to worry about your pH like you would have to do with the Remo nutes
If your peat moss mix doesn't contain any lime or calcium as a buffer you will need to pH to what smokey said below (I keep reinforcing what he says here!). But there is misinformation about MegaCrop on this site that I hate to see passed along. All synthetic nutes in non-buffered media need to be pH adjusted, and no synthetic nutes in buffered media need to be pH adjusted. It's not the nute brand that matters, it's what's in the medium.
And in that medium I would keep it between 5.8 and 6.2.
Unbuffered, yes. Check the back of the bag and see if it has anything else besides the peat, perlite, and vermiculite like lime or calcium.

I remember those trees!

It will say on the Remo nute instructions, but like smokey said I'm guessing every time. Though FoxFarms recommends every other watering for theirs.

This ^

What smokey said about the lift test. Go by weight, not by feel.

If your peat moss mix doesn't contain any lime or calcium as a buffer you will need to pH to what smokey said below (I keep reinforcing what he says here!). But there is misinformation about MegaCrop on this site that I hate to see passed along. All synthetic nutes in non-buffered media need to be pH adjusted, and no synthetic nutes in buffered media need to be pH adjusted. It's not the nute brand that matters, it's what's in the medium.

Unbuffered, yes. Check the back of the bag and see if it has anything else besides the peat, perlite, and vermiculite like lime or calcium.
Thank you thank you thank you for remembering my forest! I remember it fondly, too!

I didnt see a feeding schedule apart from how much from each bottle every week, and that was on the interactive online instructions. I'll go back and check again.

I've never heard of the lift test. Makes more sense than the finger dip.

No, no buffer. Alas.

And that is everything listed on the bag.

~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom