Making a good soil

Pyrose94

420 Member
How much fertilizer can you put on soil to make it have plenty of fertilizer in it but now burn the plants up. I use 4-4-4 amd 3-9-4 organic fertilizer. I’m new to this and want to know how much I can give the soil before I plant. And also how much I can give throughout the grow

How much fertilizer can you put on soil to make it have plenty of fertilizer in it but now burn the plants up. I use 4-4-4 amd 3-9-4 organic fertilizer. I’m new to this and want to know how much I can give the soil before I plant. And also how much I can give throughout the grow
Emilya has lots of knowledge and experience so whatever she says is worth listening to. In the mean time you could look at a proven soil 'recipe' like Clackamas Coot's, google it or search on this site, there are lots of references. And bear in mind that some amendments in some recipes require a little cooking/settling time before planting. Altho I think Clackamas Coot's approach can be planted in right away, regardless of this I still try to amend my organic soil in the 'off season' to allow it some sitting time before I plant in it.

another good soil recipe is Subcool's ... and I think it is a bit better than coot's because it is cooked longer.

Organic growing isnt just the act of putting all the minerals into the soil before the grow, it is also about maintaining the microbial and fungal growth in the soil that actually processes the raw nutrients and feeds them to the plants. Just adding organic ready to use nutes is not organic growing... and you can't preload the soil with too much of that stuff or you will burn up your plants.

Look at "Coots Mix" if you wanna grow organic. This soil mix is meant to be used over and over for many years without any other fertilizers. Its a water for the win mix.

Here's my last harvest in soil I've been running since 2015 maybe older. So old I cant remember when I mixed it. Several years and I'm in perpetual flower so say 6-7 flower rounds per year plus VEG.

20201003_180752-jpg.2218411

Look at "Coots Mix" if you wanna grow organic. This soil mix is meant to be used over and over for many years without any other fertilizers. Its a water for the win mix.

Here's my last harvest in soil I've been running since 2015 maybe older. So old I cant remember when I mixed it. Several years and I'm in perpetual flower so say 6-7 flower rounds per year plus VEG.

So did you make the coots mix and then amend that soil every year?

Kelp meal, EWC, malted barley ground fine, Crustacean meal, Neem Cake and karanja cake.

I make a mix of the above and add about a cup to the hole at up-pot then another handful of ewc mix that in lightly in the hole add mycos and a plant.

Back
Top Bottom