Making Vape Juice

Bruce W

I need advice on making vape juice from Oil concentrate or tincture. All I can find is making from plant into Ejuice. Addiong flavours etc. Thanks

Have you looked into vegetable glycerin? Can make a tincture then use it for vapes or even coffees or whatever if will work in.

Glad I found this thread as I'm wanting to make Vape Juice also. Hope you don't mind me asking some questions Bruce. Maybe we'll both get something from it even though I'm starting from scratch. Here's my situation : I have about 1.5 oz. of trim & 1/2 oz of bud to use. It's already dry so do I still need to De-Carb ? I'll be using the STX 420 (same as Magical Butter Machine). I have Vegetable Glycerin & Sunflower Lecithin. How much VG do you add per oz. of product ? I tried this once before & I must have put too much VG & it came out like chit !!! It cooked at about 230 F for 4 hours. Not sure if I need to raise temp or cook longer or what. Any info will help. Don't want to waste good herb because even the trim gets you stoned.

Ok I read vegetable glycerin is safe to vape and consume. I used 1 quart fairly cheap and 1oz of sugar leaves and trim combined. I still decarbed because that's what it said to do. Slowly simmered it for 4 hours stirring. Was high grade cannabis used in it as seen in photos and I found it to be weak. I had to use 3 tablespoons in waffle or pancake mix(add extra mix to compensate for glycerin), coffee etc. Maybe next time I might do 1/2 qt and a 1oz of trim and sugar leaves maybe 1oz 1/2.

There is also a site somewhere floating around online.

Hope that helps.

I've made e-juice multiple times with a 50/50 blend PG/VG oil. The most difficult part is getting a high enough concentration of THC in such a small amount of oil.
I could never get it strong enough with flower or trim. The oil would need to be infused 5-6 times to get enough material infused. It would be roasted to a crisp by the time it's done.

I've had pretty good success with kief/dry-ice sift. I still had to run the oil through fresh kief 3 times before it was strong enough. But, it's pretty damn nice.
Kief poses an issue because it is fine enough to fit through the screen when straining out the mash. It hasn't burnt my coil yet, but it isn't the most appealing to look at.

My next attempt will be with full melt concentrate. Should be perfect.

Here's a link to my first attempt... about midway down page 64...

Vape juice link

:thumb:

Hope this helps y'all
-P

I've made e-juice multiple times with a 50/50 blend PG/VG oil. The most difficult part is getting a high enough concentration of THC in such a small amount of oil.
I could never get it strong enough with flower or trim. The oil would need to be infused 5-6 times to get enough material infused. It would be roasted to a crisp by the time it's done.

I've had pretty good success with kief/dry-ice sift. I still had to run the oil through fresh kief 3 times before it was strong enough. But, it's pretty damn nice.
Kief poses an issue because it is fine enough to fit through the screen when straining out the mash. It hasn't burnt my coil yet, but it isn't the most appealing to look at.

Vape juice link

Hope this helps y'all
-P
I was gonna try dry sift kief but decided bud first might also try. I have used trim and sugar leaves with heavy whipping cream and made ice cream.

I was gonna try dry sift kief but decided bud first might also try. I have used trim and sugar leaves with heavy whipping cream and made ice cream.
There's a good bunch of my favorite recipes over in my cooking thread ... you just have to sift through all my stoned ramblings.

Definitely a bunch of edibles over there. Tutorials on dry ice extraction canna chocolates, canna-coffee....

If you're ever bored enough, it's worth poking around.

Some really good weed cooks hang around there.

Ok I read vegetable glycerin is safe to vape and consume. I used 1 quart fairly cheap and 1oz of sugar leaves and trim combined. I still decarbed because that's what it said to do. Slowly simmered it for 4 hours stirring. Was high grade cannabis used in it as seen in photos and I found it to be weak. I had to use 3 tablespoons in waffle or pancake mix(add extra mix to compensate for glycerin), coffee etc. Maybe next time I might do 1/2 qt and a 1oz of trim and sugar leaves maybe 1oz 1/2.

There is also a site somewhere floating around online.

Hope that helps.
When I tried it last time I used 1 cup (8 oz) of VG & 1 oz. trim & weed mixed & it was still weak as could be. I'm getting ready to try again but only using 1/2 cup of VG & cooking it twice on a slightly higher temp. May add a little more bud on the 2nd cook. I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

There's a good bunch of my favorite recipes over in my cooking thread ... you just have to sift through all my stoned ramblings.

Definitely a bunch of edibles over there. Tutorials on dry ice extraction canna chocolates, canna-coffee....

If you're ever bored enough, it's worth poking around.

Some really good weed cooks hang around there.
Canna-coffee nice gonna have to check that out. I've done dry ice extractions before really enjoyed it. I'm definitely going to check out your thread always good to learn new tips and tricks. Appreciate it!

When I tried it last time I used 1 cup (8 oz) of VG & 1 oz. trim & weed mixed & it was still weak as could be. I'm getting ready to try again but only using 1/2 cup of VG & cooking it twice on a slightly higher temp. May add a little more bud on the 2nd cook. I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow.
Please do I really enjoy reading about the proper ratios saves time. I just haven't gotten around to getting more glycerin still have a jar of old stuff. I'm going to try and make ice ream again. Instead of chocolate this time something different. Thanks again!

[/

next time I try it I might also have a 2nd going but slowly extracting for months in a window or somewhere else. I'm sure the Arizona sun will slowly cook it right.

Made the Vape Juice last night in the STX 420 machine. It cooks it 4 hours @ 225 F on the Tincture Mode. I ran it thru 2 cycles. I used 1 oz. of GG #4 Trim & Buds / decarbed. 1/2 Cup of VG & 1 teaspoon Sunflower Lecithin. Mixed it all up in the pot & let it cook 4 hours. Let it cool 2 hours. Added 1/4 oz. of trim from Fire OG & 2 oz. of VG & cooked 4 more hours.
Came out with a nice thickness. Not brown, not yellow .... but leans toward the browner side. Loaded my pen & I'll be damned if it doesn't need a charge. I could surely taste the weed in the oil though so I think it's going to be good. I got a 1 oz. Vial full from this. That would probably fill my pen 20 times so that's not too bad in my opinion. Just hope it's as strong & good as it tastes. I'll find out shortly & let you know.

I tried mine in a pen was too weak. Damn! I'd imagine with that much cannabis in it and a smaller amount glycerin it should be fine. 3 table spoons of mine though and it hits quick. I hope your method works can't wait to try it out. :slide:

Loaded my pen & I'll be damned if it doesn't need a charge. I could surely taste the weed in the oil though so I think it's going to be good. I got a 1 oz. Vial full from this. That would probably fill my pen 20 times so that's not too bad in my opinion. Just hope it's as strong & good as it tastes. I'll find out shortly & let you know.

You get that thing charged up yet?

I've never made vape juice myself, thank you for sharing your recipes. I want to try to make it and hope that I will succeed. By the way, I think you can also find videos with recipes on YouTube. Also, I have a question for you. I want to order vaporesso coils and don't know which are the best smok replacement coils among them. So I will be glad if you can help me with the choice. Because I've heard that people have had unpleasant experiences with low-quality coils and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

CRYSTAL PRO MAX 4016

Hope this helps y'all
-P
Having smoked for around 40 years I moved to a vape 5 years ago, my goto was a Joytech Atopack Penguin, I have bought 3 or 4 in that time as I was used to them, but.....they have been discontinued now, I struggled the last time I wanted a new one. Now I know it's not PC to go on about smoking/vaping etc :(, but has anyone got any good recommendations for a decent replacement, please? PS I'm on 6mg nicotine, and have been for around 2 months since starting to use one at 24mg:) Many thanks, people.

Ho ho Ho the more you know , the more you can grow…!

Test Batch #1:

Using Room Temperature of 74f.
Using 1 Oz of very dry herb & ground up using a hand crank nut grinder slightly larger than joint material, After allowing cured herb to dry for one more week covered with cheese cloth on a cookie sheet, thus removing most moisture !)
14 Oz generic Everclear at 74f.
Mix herb/alcohol together in mason jar, shake several times over 25 min time period.
Result after alcohol evaporated & “ALL” Micro bubbles disappear from fluid & residual water evaporated out.
7 grams black oil.
Net Yield of ~
24–25%

Test Batch #2:

QWET method -55F

Using 10lbs dry ice inside of a food cooler placed above (on a metal screen) over herb & ethanol (Generic Everclear) filled Mason jars
for 3Hrs. to cool.
Cooler temperature minus -50 to -55f
Herb & Ethanol temperature of -55
Mix both mason jars in cooler & leave in cooler for 25 minutes, put dry ice back in cooler & close lid, stir 4-5 times.
Drain extract “ASAP” immediately using 75u
bubble bag or other filtering screen,
then use a 25u bubble bag or brown paper coffee filter for 2nd fine sediment filtering.
Evaporate Ethanol off…using a hot plate @ 160f or lower, double boiler, or naturally evaporate.
Result after “ALL” alcohol & residual water evaporated on coffee hot plate is…
4.3 grams oil…
Net yield ~ 15.4%

*Conclusion: So I’ve removed about ~38% of undesirables (fats, waxes, chlorophyll, other lipids, etc) mentioned above in test batch #1.
((I have run this test using GSC, Tangie’matic & Northern Lights with similar results ~ 34-36% of undesirables removed using Super Cooled QWET
method.

Results—Vapes great, even without emulsions or Terps added.))

Back
Top Bottom