Male or females?

Lonerandstonerforever

Hello I am 39 days into veg with my hopefully girls but i cant tell sex yet im hoping to veg for 2 months they are all very big now over 2 feet tall each two out of 4 of them self topped themselves early on which I've never had happen hoping someone someone could help me determine sex I've seen no balls but also no white hair also I ge we these seeds last grow which was only 2 seeds which both turned out female and were massive plants by the end a little over 6 feet tall

Here is some pictures

Screenshot_20211221-081127_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-081134_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-081203_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-081154_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-081145_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211221-081209_Gallery.jpg

hey @Lonerandstonerforever you wont be able to tell yet, for a photoperiod strain you will need to wait until flower to sex it.

with mine i veg a short while, flipped to flower to sex, when i knew which ones were females, i tossed the rest and flipped back to veg

am 39 days into veg with my hopefully girls but i cant tell sex yet im hoping to veg for 2 months they are all very big
Looking at the photos you provided I do not see anything that shows that the plant or plants are sexually mature yet. The general thought is that the plant is sexually mature when the nodes are no longer producing leaves and stems opposite each other. The new growth at each node becomes staggered.

Once that starts to happen you can put them into the 12/12 flowering cycle and see which plants start to produce flowers and check which sex the flowers are. Many growers say the males will show first and the females can take a week or two longer.

well, actually, one can tell at about this point in the plants life,,

i can for sure see little indicators of the sex of some of those plants,,

the first pic, and the pics are not great indeed,, the first and third i think i can see the sex organs and to my eyes they are both male,, others i cant tell

the little organs look 'round' rather than elongated like a female

karma sent friend

1640108416776.png

especially in this pic,, the wee ballish knobby can clearly be seen, i would circle it if i could figur how to

1640108416776.png

especially in this pic,, the wee ballish knobby can clearly be seen, i would circle it if i could figur how to
Hello sorry for the bad pictures I'm not the best at taking them I grew this strain last time and they started showing sex at about 1 month and three weeks I just looked closer at the plants after you showing me what you though is a male I pray it's not while I was looking I was able to confirm one female with a tiny white pistol but two others I cant tell and the one you think is male well I hope its not lol I'm relying on this ladies to save me some big money on my habit I'll try to get some better pictures

hey @Lonerandstonerforever you wont be able to tell yet, for a photoperiod strain you will need to wait until flower to sex it.

with mine i veg a short while, flipped to flower to sex, when i knew which ones were females, i tossed the rest and flipped back to veg
Yeah but depending on how old they are it still shows signs of sex rather you flower or not

this one as well,, i can see the sex part peekin over the little stem part,, and to me,, it looks male,, too roundish for female,, which are pointier,, my opinion only,,

i grow lots of regs,, and time spent caring for males is time spent poorly,, so i try to sex as soon as possible and have learned that there subtle differences right from the very first sign of the sex bits. one must look all over the young plant for the first signs

not to say i have not been wrong,, a time or two for sure,, and i always keep suspect males around for a while to confirm before throwing it out. a game for me,, what fun

1640116567438.png

the most tell tale sign if one can see the budlet clearly is that a female part looks like it is made up of one 'leaf' only,, where as a male looks to be made up of two 'leafs'/'bud parts'

1640116567438.png

i might not bet the farm this is a male but perhaps the tractor

You have let them go into flowering more . Usually about 5-7 days into flowering you should be able to tell. But from as they are right now. Looks like male cause no hairs are even forming at the node so I would say male. But no way to really know until u put them into short light few days

If you get the budget for get one jewelers loop and even use natural light, guarantee you going be able to see sex better. You might even catch pistils emerging from the bracts, that would be cherreh! Get other factors like plant height, fan production, stipules... lots to help you discover sex.

This plant is 47 days above soil and some growths are obvious while others look like yours:

mayjah_mutant_day46_4.jpg

mayjah_mutant_day40_shim.jpg

mayjah_mutant_day40_male.jpg

, for a photoperiod strain you will need to wait until flower to sex it.

actually not true in the least,, just an fyi,, cannabis males and females throw out 'preflowers' a few weeks into growth,, they indicate a plants sex while the plant is in veg

Looks like a female and two males to me but sometimes they fool you.
It's one strange plant, I get male pre-flower all on one side and the other side is all fem pre-flower.

actually not true in the least,, just an fyi,, cannabis males and females throw out 'preflowers' a few weeks into growth,, they indicate a plants sex while the plant is in veg

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom