Mariguana Grow: 1st 420 Journal

How do you get them to be so healthy so young? Mine look nothing like this.. I dont think i have a green thumb :(

it’s about caring as much about everything else just not the plant itself. Rather then just knowing that something works it’s important to understand how and why it works.
Soil recipe’s
Spectrum recipes
Any nute recipies
Environment etc.

when you can become as ambitious as a grower often is for things like growing a new strain then you can start to gain focus and grow a plant properly.

my tips go as truly organic as possible and diversify your spectrum as much as you can using a variety of small lights from 6500k to 2700k and everything else. Green being the only spectrum the plant can’t use. When lamps mix and make this color it doesn’t nullify functionality (because, physics!) the richer your spectrum the better off your going to be.

oh and water, use tap but let it sit out with no cap for as long as possible (at least 24 hours) to maximize chlorine evaporation and if possible sit in direct sunlight and use every single feeding. Just a few tips.

amount of actual useful sunlight are reducing by the day but trying to get what I can at anytime of day for as long as I can.

You’ll notice in the background and elsewhere that many other solo cups throughout the tent. Between all the cups I have in there else where. They are a bunch of bag seed I came into likely from a friend who probably got them from (a) hermie(s) or unintentionally pollinated plants.

either way I planted all of them, every single one. At the very least I’ll have a lot of seedlings. I’ll probably have to add a second tent and maybe utilize other grow spaces and resources.

idk what the plan is after I leave my current place but in case I can’t get grow for a while I’ll have an ample amount of plants to keep me going for awhile.

6CFDB231-A9C0-45B9-92C6-658D8DB2FD65.jpeg
FFF1EDB1-25C6-4FF2-952F-BFF9C08AE129.jpeg
67BE3288-2D7C-4D95-8F49-8F4784D45A60.jpeg

The color is not a burn or deficiency im rotating the plants periodically to soak up different spectrums. I’ll take a pic when she’s outside next.

Sorry for delay guys. Been busy waiting on bigger tent and better lights. Cheese with a bunch of bag seed. Random experiment because as I said before the cheese isn’t something I’m super excited about so whatever happens, happens. If there’s lots of cross pollination and whatever else will make for some fun new experiences.

C88316E5-F7B3-4438-87B3-95A15455706B.jpeg
665B827A-BF75-492E-AEB9-293957DD1F2A.jpeg

Bro oh no I forgot how to find your thread i hope you havent been feeling lonely over here!! I know what its like for real anyways man come back i bet your garden is looking real sweet!!

Hey all!

growing some bag seed on the side. Just moved the cheese to a 25 gallon pot. Growing under 2 T5s with blurple LEDs going to grow a multi-topped monster or at least try to anyway. I’ll be adding more and smaller lights as needed.Have taken off some lower level plant material already. Once she acclimated from today’s transplants I’ll start topping via the meristem etc.
3DCFD2CC-4664-4770-8A99-587CA028F882.jpeg

Bro oh no I forgot how to find your thread i hope you havent been feeling lonely over here!! I know what its like for real anyways man come back i bet your garden is looking real sweet!!

I’m here friend. Working on being here more frequently

The cheese I got is way more sensitive to stuff then some bag seed in a separate 5 gal that seems to be doing fairly decently

Plant leaves seem to be having some issues with clawing down. Don’t believe it to be nitrogen toxicity. Have used my usual watering methods and has never before been an issue. Could’ve been heat stress when I had additional stronger blurp lights with T5s. Seems to not be an issue on new growth. Have allowed soil to dry out and make sure that overwatering was not a potential cause (usually isn’t with smart pots)
28A1C702-F20C-48A1-83B3-8CEB0383289B.jpeg
27CB0A0F-FF34-46A6-B80E-06B8D76F2811.jpeg
80F77795-08E2-41F6-9887-ED65676F0DF1.jpeg

Got her under control now. She’s developing quite nicely. I severed the meristem “topped” her and just letting her grow nice and big now. She’s in a 25g pot. Won’t get as big as the outdoor one was but I’ll be looking at reveg and other things to see what I can do with an outdoor plant. Not entirely sure when I’m going to flower her as she’s in an 80x80x80 tent so will have to consider it soon probably.

21AA9C22-199B-4432-83CA-E74241E73CAC.jpeg

Greetings, Fine 420 Citizens. Here’s the Cheese from Seedsman in the 25G pot. Multiple tops are underway. Still planning on waiting a while to flower her.
BC00F3DF-6660-4C7B-9BFE-1A322B3AE760.jpeg

Hi All,

(sees tumbleweeds) 4 days into the 12/12 switch.Feeding yesterday was a little nitrogen and cal-mag since we haven’tconverted yet and it’s stretching now we want to keep up on the nitrogen for a little longer.
C37FE18C-988B-4411-B708-083723155B8E.jpeg
1C6853D9-6FF6-45A9-B128-6A3F37F944C8.jpeg
85905282-F67E-4C35-9552-C3A913C66ED0.jpeg

Looking great! Keep it up, nice healthy nodes are you planning on lollipop or cleaning out the lower bush to make the tops denser?

I will be thinning out the bottom for sure. No need to keep crap that’s just going to slowdown the top anyway. Some people will argue that it’s extra nutrients for the plant when they die but it uses more resources to support it then it gets from the leafs when they die.

Maybe make some clones? And yeah people argue that cuz the leaves are the storage cells in the plant. But if you’re fertilizing frequently then they’re just redundant and slow down desired growth by casting shade. Do whatever your heart tells you happy growing !

I’ll be adding more blurple LEDs as we really get into flowering but for now it’s tubes and lolli together with nitrogen for nutrients and some cal mag for the duration of the first four weeks of flowering. It’s still powering itself for another few weeks in veg to prepare itself for full-on bud development that’s when the nutrient transition will be made.

I would be easy with a lot of N during early flowering, they look very healthy and from what I’ve read you want to transition into a higher potassium feed until about week 5 before you up the phosphorous a tad.(no need for excess as bloom booster manufacturers would want you to think) anyways definitely get some more light on them, and I’d change the tubes off of 6500k to a more bloom encouraging spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom