Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey I found it "the CFM of the fans on Reflector 144x3w is 79.75CFM."
Thanks for that info.. Is that 79.75cfm x 3 fans total or for one fan??
Three fans in total is 239.25CFM

Hope it helps !

I think a 2000rpm pc fan will do just fine I've been told they are 120mm x 25mm fans and they sound like a rocket is winding up to take off. Replace them I have 2 different types coming to try and see if 1 does the job well enough and quiet enough to my liking. I'll be grabbing up more of the fans I like to replace the rest, didn't want to order all fans without knowing yes this is going to work.

I think a 2000rpm pc fan will do just fine I've been told they are 120mm x 25mm fans and they sound like a rocket is winding up to take off. �� Replace them I have 2 different types coming to try and see if 1 does the job well enough and quiet enough to my liking. I'll be grabbing up more of the fans I like to replace the rest, didn't want to order all fans without knowing yes this is going to work.

The fans in the 144x5 is 2500 RPM and I think ~65 dB, keep in mind that the 5w version runs a bit hotter than the 3w. I tried some 1200 RPM fans that were 16 dB (basically soundless) but the heat went up and that will shorten the lifespan of the light.
Now I use some that are 2300 RPM and ~ 20dB, much cooler but a bit louder but very decent and quite cheap.

When shopping for silent fans note that dB is a logarithmic scale, and IIRC 70 dB is twice as loud as 60 dB.

Can you send me link of the fans you got?

The listing is no longer active on eBay... They were shipped from the UK though.

I think you'll be able to find some good fans if you look around eBay, Amazon etc, maybe go to a computer store/repair shop and ask them to help you find some fans witihin your required parameters.

Cheers guys. Already replaced the fans but am using the old ones for extraction.. just making sure the cfm will be ok for that.. Thanks!

20160107_081346.jpg
20160107_161447.jpg
20160107_161458.jpg
so this is how I'm doing it my Mars ll 1200 next to my Apollo 400watt HPS running at 75% so 300 watts. Temps are leveled out at 75-78 degrees when the tent is sealed closed when I open and am working it goes to about 80-82 degrees. I think running both in my 3.2x3.2x7 tent will yield some super Fat frosty buds.

:circle-of-love:Hi MusicB, so sorry about this. We don't want it to happen like this.:straightface: The shipping address we sent is in accordance with the paypal address. The courier will aslo require for signature. However, as we find it out, in most cases, if the owner is not at home, they will just leave it at the front door:trance:... To tell the truth, I also couldn't understand it. In China,even if the owner is not at home, the courier will hand it over to the safeguard. Leaving it at the door risks a lot here... The way of handling abroad go differently. I think you must have a good neighborhood. People trust each other.:dreamy: MusicB, the staus has showed "delivered". We will contact the warehouse to investigate the package. At the same time, you can go to the previous address. I believe someone there has kept it for you.:circle-of-love:

Yeah I don't like how it was left at the door without my signature. Then there is no way of me securing that I received what I bought. Therefore someone else gets what I paid for? This doesn't seem fair. May I ask how the shipping address shows up as buckeye/rainbow valley Arizona ? When on the website I have literally taken screenshots of the order and have them saved and it shows I paid by credit card not PayPal. Along with the shipping address being labeled as:

#### North ##th Ave
Phoenix, Arizona 85015

(#'s used for my security of my address being displayed^^)

Not the buckeye address you guys sent it to over an hour from me. Which is not even some what similar to the way my address looks.
And trust me.. I most definitely do not live in a good neighborhood. A drive by just occurred a week ago. And cops are always here. Although since I am still young (21 years old) and still fairly starting on my own this is unfortunately where I can afford to live. I most definitely can not afford to lose $254 on a light.

Moving on to you telling me to go to the previous address.... I can not do this. I have already notified Maria of this multiple times. For one the address the light was shipped to is over an hour away. Second off I do not have a vehicle. I live in the dam smack center of Phoenix and have to walk 15 mins to work every morning and 15 mins home. I work all 7 days of the week and it would be hard for me to find the time between work and my sleeping schedule to even try and find a way out to that address with no reliable transportation.
Therefore i will stick with the only option I have I guess, which is waiting on the warehouse to investigate the package. How long can this take up to Sara? Cause I have a feeling this is going to be a long hassle and I'm going to have to throw all my "baby's" away that I have been working extremely hard on. I'm sure that the status of the package was labeled as "delivered." Yeah it's delivered alright. Any post office worker can put "delivered" on their little screen and throw a box on a stoop incorrectly delivered with no signature of proof of receiving anything. It's what is occurring to me RIGHT now!
Hope everything can get resolved marshydro as I didn't want it all happening like this either. Thank you for your reply Sara and your concern. Please keep me updated.

:circle-of-love:Hi santb, the CFM of one fan is 79.75CFM.:circle-of-love:
Hi Sara (or anyone); can you tell me what the CFM of the fans in Reflector 144x3 is please? You have already told me once before but I can't remember and I can't find it!
Cheers.

:thanks:Shelby, thank you so much!!! We appreciate it very much! :yahoo:
Sara, I visit Grow Green MI often and I will talk to the manager about Mars LED.

:thumb: it's for one fan, Tris. You have a good memory.:high-five:
Hey I found it "the CFM of the fans on Reflector 144x3w is 79.75CFM."
Thanks for that info.. Is that 79.75cfm x 3 fans total or for one fan??
Three fans in total is 239.25CFM

Hope it helps !

:laughtwo:Haha, Krypt, very good work. 2000RPM pc fan is a good choice if you feel the sound is too loud.:Namaste:
I think a 2000rpm pc fan will do just fine I've been told they are 120mm x 25mm fans and they sound like a rocket is winding up to take off. �� Replace them I have 2 different types coming to try and see if 1 does the job well enough and quiet enough to my liking. I'll be grabbing up more of the fans I like to replace the rest, didn't want to order all fans without knowing yes this is going to work.

:circle-of-love: Hi Purple, the specification of our fan is 2000±10%RPM and 32.48DB. The light has heat sink to disspiate the heat.:thanks:
The fans in the 144x5 is 2500 RPM and I think ~65 dB, keep in mind that the 5w version runs a bit hotter than the 3w. I tried some 1200 RPM fans that were 16 dB (basically soundless) but the heat went up and that will shorten the lifespan of the light.
Now I use some that are 2300 RPM and ~ 20dB, much cooler but a bit louder but very decent and quite cheap.

When shopping for silent fans note that dB is a logarithmic scale, and IIRC 70 dB is twice as loud as 60 dB.

:thanks: thanks for the help, Purple.:Namaste:
The listing is no longer active on eBay... They were shipped from the UK though.

I think you'll be able to find some good fans if you look around eBay, Amazon etc, maybe go to a computer store/repair shop and ask them to help you find some fans witihin your required parameters.

:circle-of-love: Hope it will be ok.
Cheers guys. Already replaced the fans but am using the old ones for extraction.. just making sure the cfm will be ok for that.. Thanks!

:cheer:Stoney, you add 2pcs HPS.:tokin: We are watching.:cheesygrinsmiley::popcorn: They must be very happy.
20160107_081346.jpg
20160107_161447.jpg
20160107_161458.jpg
so this is how I'm doing it my Mars ll 1200 next to my Apollo 400watt HPS running at 75% so 300 watts. Temps are leveled out at 75-78 degrees when the tent is sealed closed when I open and am working it goes to about 80-82 degrees. I think running both in my 3.2x3.2x7 tent will yield some super Fat frosty buds.

Yeah I don't like how it was left at the door without my signature. Then there is no way of me securing that I received what I bought. Therefore someone else gets what I paid for? This doesn't seem fair. May I ask how the shipping address shows up as buckeye/rainbow valley Arizona ? When on the website I have literally taken screenshots of the order and have them saved and it shows I paid by credit card not PayPal. Along with the shipping address being labeled as:

#### North ##th Ave
Phoenix, Arizona 85015

(#'s used for my security of my address being displayed^^)

Not the buckeye address you guys sent it to over an hour from me. Which is not even some what similar to the way my address looks.
And trust me.. I most definitely do not live in a good neighborhood. A drive by just occurred a week ago. And cops are always here. Although since I am still young (21 years old) and still fairly starting on my own this is unfortunately where I can afford to live. I most definitely can not afford to lose $254 on a light.

Moving on to you telling me to go to the previous address.... I can not do this. I have already notified Maria of this multiple times. For one the address the light was shipped to is over an hour away. Second off I do not have a vehicle. I live in the dam smack center of Phoenix and have to walk 15 mins to work every morning and 15 mins home. I work all 7 days of the week and it would be hard for me to find the time between work and my sleeping schedule to even try and find a way out to that address with no reliable transportation.
Therefore i will stick with the only option I have I guess, which is waiting on the warehouse to investigate the package. How long can this take up to Sara? Cause I have a feeling this is going to be a long hassle and I'm going to have to throw all my "baby's" away that I have been working extremely hard on. I'm sure that the status of the package was labeled as "delivered." Yeah it's delivered alright. Any post office worker can put "delivered" on their little screen and throw a box on a stoop incorrectly delivered with no signature of proof of receiving anything. It's what is occurring to me RIGHT now!
Hope everything can get resolved marshydro as I didn't want it all happening like this either. Thank you for your reply Sara and your concern. Please keep me updated.

Did you try calling the delivery company? If the address and your name are wrong have them send the driver back to where he left your light. If the driver can not get it back then the delivery company owns that light and owes you your money back.

Sara, do you know the specifications of the 60x5w Mars 300, 130-140w at the wall? The ones on eBay. couldn't find them on the Mars Hydro website. I'm interested in the forward voltage and current of the LED drivers in case I wanted to tinker and upgrade leds.

Back
Top Bottom