Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Alright, looking to buy more lights to fill a 15x20 room. I'm debating on getting (10) of the 600w old style lights vs (5) 192 reflector series. Well I was running numbers and this is what I came with, these are based flowering coverage numbers off the ebay site.

600w old style
2*1.5 flowering coverage
9122 lumens
so with 10 of these, they would technically cover 30sqft of space and put out 91,200 lumens

192 reflectors
3.5*3.5 flowering coverage
10820 lumens
5 units will cover 61.25sqft with lumen output of 54,100 lumens

These two packages will run me about the same amount of money, so I came here to ask what do you guys think is the better buy? Do I go for coverage or do I go for lumens? As you can see, the reflectors will cover a little more than double than what the 600w would but the 600w would put out about 45% more lumens than the reflectors.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have cleaned the glass in mine, made a big difference. Wonder how they would be without the glass. Any one tries let us know.

Once I harvest my current grow, I will be removing the glass in my old style 600W, it is very cloudy. I'm sure it will run cooler than what it is now but not sure by how much but getting all my light is more important.

It's been about a week trying to order from the, still no response. Does anyone know what I can do I tried Skype email phone number FaceTime and nothing it's impossible to get ahold of them. I'm trying to get a 4'9x4'9 text 1 192 reflector and 1 Mars II 900.
It's thier new year holiday. Bad timing they are closed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

I have been lurking for awhile, heres what I have going on.
b2_001.JPG
b2_002.JPG
b2_003.JPG
b2_004.JPG
b2_018.JPG
b2_019.JPG
b2_012.JPG
b2_021.JPG
b2_016.JPG
b2_019.JPG
b2_021.JPG
b2_020.JPG
Drop those lights down a bit to reduce the big stretch next time you get a more even canopy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

20160213_165638.jpg
20160213_165539.jpg
went ahead and chopped down a nice little top. It was about 50%amber this nug was. The others are not far behind just want to give a little longer for the flush.

Once I harvest my current grow, I will be removing the glass in my old style 600W, it is very cloudy. I'm sure it will run cooler than what it is now but not sure by how much but getting all my light is more important.

As I recall awhile back someone ran their lights without the glass and it didn't go well and voids the warranty

As I recall awhile back someone ran their lights without the glass and it didn't go well and voids the warranty

Wonder why it wouldn't work as well? Seeing as how the glass or what have you gets cloudy so it's obviously not shining through with full potential. Now I can see it may void warranty but then again when something breaks you have to work on it yourself anyways from what other members have experienced here.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

What lights do you have exactly and what's your grow space? Looks like you have some of the old style and one of the Mars ii?

Hey Noobie, I have a 24"*48" cabinet with 2-48*3 reflectors for clones, seedlings and veg, 2-30"*60" tables with 3- 300w old style above each for flower and one of them I can close up if need more veg room, Then I have a 48"*48" closet with Mars II 400w and 2-96*3w reflectors.

So are you saying that the Mars ll 1200 I bought with 5w chips is a lie and only has 3w chips?

No, I am not saying it is a "lie" per se, but I am saying you will have a VERY hard time to find actual "5W" Epistar/Epiled chips which are technically different from 3W chips. If you find them, let us know - but you won't find them!

What I am saying is (and here I am also referring to what Sara once mentioned although it was not too clear what she said) that how the chips are labelled, "3W" or "5W" depends how they're binned and driven. It is my guess that the better bins can be driven higher w/ higher output, then making companies to label those chips "5W" chips. OF COURSE it can also be that the entire "5W" chips is a sham, or at least it's confusing since it implies there are two different types of chips, 3W Epistar/Epiled and 5W Epistar/Epiled, which AS TO MY KNOWLEDGE isn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom