Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Brain, they are looking awesome. Thanks so much for the test grow with Mars Pro Epistar160.:party::party::party: I believe you will keep doing better for the following runnings.:high-five:
Ok im about to harvest my first plant using the mars pro series 160LED, the yields may not be the best but that is total grower error with a new strain and growing in soil instead of coco but the frost is amazing. I also love the intensity and coverage with the new no lens cup reflectors they use and the ability to control the light intensity makes the light super versatile so you can grow from seed to harvest with no wasted energy. i am going to do a grow from clones i took from these dark dragons in coco so should be a great grow :Namaste:

IMG_233612.JPG
IMG_233715.JPG
IMG_233812.JPG
IMG_233914.JPG
IMG_234016.JPG
IMG_234111.JPG
IMG_234211.JPG

:circle-of-love:Hello Stoney! 2pcs smaller lights will be better.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Yeah I have 2 of then already. Lol. I need something that's about double the length of the 300w Old model and a little more power. So that's why I was thinking the old 600 watt it has the length and the power of about 260+ watts that would put me at a solid 83.6 solid watts a square foot of good led. But 2 more old 300w would give me even more pre square feet and better coverage

:circle-of-love:Hi Stoney, it should be condensation. You can wipe it out with cloth.:)
Ok I have a question can someone with a Mars ll series or the old 300 or 600 look at their light and tell me if it looks like when they are on that glass that's over then looks cloudy right under the leds or is my glass dirty or is it just a reflection I can't tell?

:circle-of-love:Hello Engineer, they do look happy at that height, but you can raise it up a little. We recommend 18"~24" during veg and 12"~18" during flower.:hug:
I have a question for anyone with the MarsII 1200 or similar light, my plants are about 12 inches away from the light but currently have no signs of light stress. They are actually quite content it would seem, however I was looking at how to mount it in order to gain some extra height over the top of the canopy. This is how they are looking currently.
IMG_20160210_182404.jpg
IMG_20160210_182356.jpg

:drool:they all look fantastic to me.
20160212_165920.jpg
20160212_165937.jpg
20160212_165944.jpg
OK here is a good updated pic of the garden. When looking at the canopy the back right are the ones coming out in a few days they are at least 40% amber. It is also the one that looks different from the other white widows. I like how it looks compared to the others looks like a better quality bud. The top pic is of the back right of canopy

:circle-of-love:yes... I have checked with the engineer and he told me it will be ok without the glass cover.:Namaste:
My 300s do look a bit cloudy and have since new. I've considered removing the glass to solve that and they may run cooler as well.

:thanks:thanks for posting the video, Neil.
Stoney, go on You Tube and look up MarsHydro and look for LED driver replacement- Here is the link. Shows how to trouble shoot and repair.

:circle-of-love:Hi noobie, I advise you to choose Reflector series rather than the old model. :circle-of-love: Reflector is well-built than the old model. It uses better materials.:)
Alright, looking to buy more lights to fill a 15x20 room. I'm debating on getting (10) of the 600w old style lights vs (5) 192 reflector series. Well I was running numbers and this is what I came with, these are based flowering coverage numbers off the ebay site.

600w old style
2*1.5 flowering coverage
9122 lumens
so with 10 of these, they would technically cover 30sqft of space and put out 91,200 lumens

192 reflectors
3.5*3.5 flowering coverage
10820 lumens
5 units will cover 61.25sqft with lumen output of 54,100 lumens

These two packages will run me about the same amount of money, so I came here to ask what do you guys think is the better buy? Do I go for coverage or do I go for lumens? As you can see, the reflectors will cover a little more than double than what the 600w would but the 600w would put out about 45% more lumens than the reflectors.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:circle-of-love:Thanks for the advice, Glitch.:Namaste:
Drop those lights down a bit to reduce the big stretch next time you get a more even canopy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

:party:Congrats on the first chop.:drool:
20160213_165638.jpg
20160213_165539.jpg
went ahead and chopped down a nice little top. It was about 50%amber this nug was. The others are not far behind just want to give a little longer for the flush.

:circle-of-love:Hi thebluntman, sorry to hear about this. Could you send me the an email? It is not supposed to break so fast. The fan may have been damaged during the delivery...:straightface: I will help you.
Got a mars 2 with about 60 hours on it one of the fans has already went out. Fan was making alot of noise when i started useing it now its out.

:kiss:thank you, Densenug, you are so sweet.:hug:
Hey Bluntman, Sarah should be back in a few days and she will take care of you, if you need one quick either radio shak, a computer store or Ebay. Pretty common fan, not hard to find. If you need any help let me know.

:circle-of-love:Hi flexy, I hope to get your point. The led chip company doesn't name it 3w or 5w. They only lable it by size. However, here on the market of Epistar brand, especially for led grow light market, when dimension is 45*45, we call it 5w, smaller size, we can call it 3w. It's more vivid to name by watt:circle-of-love: It applies for Epistar brand. For example, our Cree chips will draw as much as 5w Epistar leds, while it's called 3w... :straightface: 3w and 5w are different.:Namaste:
No, I am not saying it is a "lie" per se, but I am saying you will have a VERY hard time to find actual "5W" Epistar/Epiled chips which are technically different from 3W chips. If you find them, let us know - but you won't find them!

What I am saying is (and here I am also referring to what Sara once mentioned although it was not too clear what she said) that how the chips are labelled, "3W" or "5W" depends how they're binned and driven. It is my guess that the better bins can be driven higher w/ higher output, then making companies to label those chips "5W" chips. OF COURSE it can also be that the entire "5W" chips is a sham, or at least it's confusing since it implies there are two different types of chips, 3W Epistar/Epiled and 5W Epistar/Epiled, which AS TO MY KNOWLEDGE isn't the case.

:circle-of-love:thank you for the information, Engineer.:thumb:
All non-linear electrical devices are binned, CPU's are binned, GPS are binned, memory is binned, LEDs are certainly binned as well. During the manufacture of such devices some tend to turn out better than others, hence the binning process. To put this into perspective, an Intel I5-xxxxk is the same die as the non-k version, the K version runs faster and can be pushed further due to its superior electrical characteristics. So by binning the product is actually different and can be named so.

:laughtwo:Haha, yes... 3w or 5w led chips can not be driven at max current. The final current will depend on the led row pitch, heatsink and we will make the decision after testing the light temperature. Or the life of led chips will be reduced.:Namaste: 3w light can drive to 1.5~2w per chip, and 5watt can drive to 2.0~2.5w. :circle-of-love:the max watt and draw watt is really confusing if the customer are new to the industry. Some companies even have claimed 10w chips which actually only draw about 1w...:hmmmm:Therefore, we tend to name our future product according to the actual draw watt, not the max watt. :Namaste:
I'm all confused lol. They are 3w Chips being pushed to 5w or they are 5w chips being pushed at 3w I don't know but I do know they work whatever they are lol. I don't think a company can say we are selling 5w chips if they are 3w chips but hey look at Samsung the sell a 16gb phone with only 7.56 available to user so is it a true 16gb?

:bigblush:I got the pics now. I will arrange the replacement parts. Sorry about this.
:thedoubletake:

Just noticed 3 leds got burned from mars2, :yikes:

SAM_15743.JPG
SAM_15791.JPG

pm Sarah

Back
Top Bottom