Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:TwoCloundsUp, we keep improving and perfecting our products and descriptions. :circle-of-love: Every product need go through multiple tests before the release. At first, the result is only up to our test with greens. Even though some master growers will test the light for us, their result usually will not represent the average. Many variants will affect the final result.:blushsmile: Therefore, we decide to change the description. :Namaste: TowCloundsUp, I don't advise you to give up six 1200w. IMO, six 1200w are better than just 1pcs Cree256.:blushsmile:

:thanks:Hi Dennise, I have a great Sunday!:hug:
Good morning Sara... I hope you are enjoying your Sunday and don't read this till Monday....:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

:)yes, they are better. You will love the new light when you have one.
I'd really prefer a refund on the lights, but we all know that isn't going to happen. They claim their new lights are better. I'm giving them a chance to show me that they are.

:yahoo:Great! Feel free to share some pics here.
Took a lot of cussing on my part but finally got my lights and tent set up. Just waiting on my seeds now.

:hug:Oh... Dennise, you are so considerate...yeah... I only take one day off every week, which I have cherished very much.:cheesygrinsmiley:
I don't know that any of this can be solved by throwing insults but if you feel the need I guess Sara will allow it.... I will state again... I have purchased well over 20 lights over the past 2 years from Sara and I have not had the first problem with any of my lights... I have given quite a few of them away and to my knowledge none of those have had an issue either... On average I pull close to a qp per photo girl and for the most part I use my reflectors... I have several Mars II's but I like my reflectors better for veg then I add a Mars II to the mix for bloom... I am terribly sorry that you are not happy with your lights but as I'm also sure you know it is currently 10 PM Sunday night in China and all the arguing and bitching is not going to do any good until Sara is back at it... She works 6 days a week and even Sara deserves a day off.... I hope you have a blessed and green Sunday....:circle-of-love:

:thumb:it's not easy to set up the standard. We find that the most safe way is to follow "watt for watt" rule.:cheesygrinsmiley:
The thing is you have said many times you have grown a few crops with them. If they did not live up to your standards or the claims mars made you would have known in the first few weeks maybe a month not after 6-9 Months. That would be like me saying well I finished my grow with my light and because I am not happy I want a refund or exchange 7 months llater.about false advertising haha so when Samsung or LG or any phone tablet or computer is released they say 16gb or 32gb Galaxy S7 or iPhone 6s but when you get it you only have 10gb of space for you to use. The light can cover a 4x4 and to some people are getting a gram plus per watt. I would think a 1000watt hps covers a 4x4 or maybe a 5x5 and you usually can get a pound per 1000 watts well with 700 watts of Mars leds I got a pound and a quater pound. That in my eyes replaces a 1000 watt hps.

:hug:I couldn't agree with you more.
Big question, did twoclouds learn to grow properly with led, there is a learning curve compared to growing with any other kind of light. My first few grows under led were not grate, but they have improved a lot. Under led, nute useage is diff. temps are diff. and so many other things that can keep you from having a good harvest. I find coverage is real close to stated and some growers are getting more coverage than stated. I guess it is all about learning to grow properly with led.:high-five::volcano-smiley:

:circle-of-love:Hi deptrai, both choices are close in draw watt. :circle-of-love: MarsII has stronger penetration comparably.:) Moreover, 2pcs MarsII will have better light distribution.:circle-of-love:
I'm in the middle of my 1st grow now and am already planning for upgrades. My Space Bucket is working (see link below to my grow journal), but it was just an experiment and I have no space limitations so want to go with a 2'x4' tent next time. For lights I was considering the Reflector 144. Seems like it would fit perfectly. Would there be any reason to get 2 Mars II 400 rather than 1 Reflector 144? They both have 5w chips now. 1 Reflector is cheaper than 2 Mars II. Perhaps having 2 Mars II offers more flexibility. I can always supplement with my current 180W LED UFO. I would most likely be doing (full grow from seed) 2 plants in the tent, but maybe 3.

Whats going on mars hydro family, just finished my first grow with the mars pro epistar 160 LED and figured id share some of the buds i got out of the grow. I really enjoyed the ability to control the spectrum and several other of the fetures, if youd like to see the whole grow pls follow my current journal and keep and eye out for my next grow featuring the mars pre LEDs :Namaste:

IMG_244519.JPG
IMG_244619.JPG
IMG_244720.JPG
IMG_244826.JPG
IMG_244924.JPG
IMG_245019.JPG
IMG_245121.JPG
IMG_245219.JPG
IMG_245313.JPG
IMG_245422.JPG

:thanks:Thanks for the advice, JadedOne.
I use 3 of the 144's in a 5x4.5 space I find they have a nice even light distributionand keeps the canopy nice and even. One would be perfect in your tent.
if you feel the need for more you can use your 180. The 144s are very quiet and run nice and cool.
I just finished a flower cycle with them and the results surprised Me I will be starting My 1st grow journal in the next week or so.
Plenty of good advice and folks on this forum. I have learned a great deal from them while adjusting from HPS to LED..
Be Well
J D

And here is my purple haze auto by genofarm seeds also grown with 100% mars hydro LEDs :volcano-smiley:

IMG_243115.JPG
IMG_243217.JPG
IMG_243319.JPG
IMG_243817.JPG

:party::party:Thanks for the sharing, Brian! Couldn't wait to see your nex grow!:cheer:
Whats going on mars hydro family, just finished my first grow with the mars pro epistar 160 LED and figured id share some of the buds i got out of the grow. I really enjoyed the ability to control the spectrum and several other of the fetures, if youd like to see the whole grow pls follow my current journal and keep and eye out for my next grow featuring the mars pre LEDs :Namaste:

IMG_244519.JPG
IMG_244619.JPG
IMG_244720.JPG
IMG_244826.JPG
IMG_244924.JPG
IMG_245019.JPG
IMG_245121.JPG
IMG_245219.JPG
IMG_245313.JPG
IMG_245422.JPG

Well 11 days have passed since Mars Hydro said they would send me the parts (from the repair centre located in my own country) needed to repair my light but I still do not have them.

I asked Mars Hydro a question 3 days ago on how long I need to wait, but ironically I have not heard back.

DSCN1318_Small_.JPG
DSCN1317_Small_.JPG
DSCN1319_Small_.JPG
DSCN1316_Small_.JPG

Meanwhile due to being concerned about possible fire hazard as these LEDs have melted, I have had to take the light out of my tent.

As it's been so long, my plants do not look as good as they did 12 days ago. They are in the 3rd week of flower and things were going very well. Now however, the leaves have a curious white chalky sort of appearance, and the plants have gone very droopy. Growth has stalled. No visible trichomes present. Seems to have a curious dank / musty smell too. Hopefully when the light is repaired they perk back up again.

Back
Top Bottom