Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I'm so sorry for your light.We will try out best to solve this problem for you as soon as possilbe.:Namaste:
If 1 diode goes out, we will send you all the blue diodes with the upgraded lens for the light to replace all. Also you can choose to fix it at our repair center.And we will cover the shipping fee.:Namaste: Stoney i hope we can solve your problem very soon,:straightface:you know i love your girls very much:Namaste:
Yeah it's like where the led diodes connect to the board.

:circle-of-love:Hi TorturedSoul.I'm sorry for your sad story.But it's good to hear you again.Welcome come back.:high-five:
It's due to the lens. The lumen of the Epistar blue led chip has increased faster than the lens tech can handle, so it caused the problem. The chip is still lighting but the lens gets black. This year we have upgraded the lens.
We hold the First Mars-Hydro cup recently,and will held some other events soon, so you may still have the chance to try our light.:cheer:.Aagin ,welcome back.:cheer:
Is the brown stuff you've discovered where the glass is glued onto the product, or where the LEDs are soldered? If the latter... Is there ANY possibility that the factory used the wrong type (acid-core used for plumbing instead of rosin-core used for wiring/electronics) of solder, presumably by mistake (perhaps a mistake by the entity that supplies solder to the factory)? I have always been told that using the acid-core for wiring/components was a BAD idea and that it could cause degradation somewhat similar to what happens when one uses a kerosene heater in spaces that contain electronics.

BtW, SmokeSara... I remember when you first joined the forum. I thought you had a great attitude and seemed genuinely interested in the growers' input. IIRC, you were thinking about allowing a few people to test your products at that time and I was considering asking you for a chance to do so. Alas, I became so paranoid when my nutrient sponsor had his computers seized(!!!) by the police that I got rid of EVERYTHING that had anything to do with cannabis and basically dug a hole, jumped into it, and pulled it shut behind me (including not visiting my favorite forum again for a few years :sad: ). So I did not even get the opportunity to, well, try for that opportunity ;) . I have seen sponsors come and go - and seen LED grow light sellers come and go, come to think of it. I am glad to see that you are not only still in business, you are also still a sponsor here (and as one who has over 10,000 posts, lol, a very active sponsor).

I see that you have several different models of lights. I have been trying to (ever so slowly) play catch-up by reading in the forums since my return, and see that your products have been effective in many people's grow rooms. Keep up the good work! I hope to one day be able to purchase some of your light panels and experience them for myself; unfortunately, since I am starting back from nothing, it will not be this year. One of these days....

Regards,

:high-five:Hi W1zard Congratulations! you have new light ,it will offer higher power.I'm sure your girls will be happier.Looking forward to see your plants grow with the new light.:cheer:
Thank you guys :)

Sooo, just learnt the formula and realised i been running way under par for watts. Read it before when i was researching growing but didnt take to much into it as was so much else i was focusing on and at that time the space i have wasn't going to be so big..

ok so turns out im using aprox 27w a foot within the 6.75 foot of space , 36w with them bunched up in back of tent

anyways just got off ebay and another mars hydro 300w light on its way - not ideal as would like to step up to one of the pro or II series but as im just starting out and already forked out for the first one, side by side should do the trick...

should give me aprox 41w overall, and 58w with the 5 12l/3gallon pots pushed up the back . much better i think

Will have to see what the girls reckon

Hi OttawaGreen.Yes, we have stock replacement parts at our international warehoures,we can send out as soon as possible.:high-five:And we also have repair center in UK,Germany,USa ,Australia,Canada.We will try our best to help our clients.:Namaste:
I agree the defect rate for the Mars 2 is too high. With this many problems can you
stock replacement parts in your international warehouses? If people could get their replacement parts in a couple days then that would be much better.
I don't mind a little soldering that's no problem but the other guy is correct 35 days is outrageous.

:circle-of-love:Yes ,Mars Pro series does not use lens,it is better built-up,Its diodes and driver has also upgraded.:circle-of-love:I think you will like Mars Pro.:high-five:
Yes I use a like 150 Dollar power protector. So i doubt that's it. I truly believe it is the new ll series with the switches at least that's what it seems like to me. I feel mars has dropped the ball a little with quality production on the ll series. Very bad design

:circle-of-love:Hi db003, thanks for supporting us for all these years.:thanks:
We have unpgraded the lens.Mars Pro series does not use the lens,it will not have this kind of problem.:high-five:
And you are on Top2 of our First Mars-Hydro Cup:hippy:, you will probably get one Mars Pro II Epistar320 soon.You can try it and compare with the Mars II.:high-five:
I have to agree with you I own 3 mars II led's and dont get me wrong I love them but I am having problems

my first one was a mars II 400 I did a whole grow with it and was fine my second light was a mars II 700 I got that one about 6 months after I got my 400 it worked great for about another 6 months then right when I bought my third mars II it was another 700 by the way my mars II 400 had some of the led's lenses burn black this is after almost a year of use with that light and a little over six months with the mars II 700 that started to have the same problem

I got in contact with mars hydro and they said they would fix it for me so I sent it out to get fixed and just my luck as soon as I got my new mars II 700 my other mars II 700 started to get the same problem and this was only about six months use with that one

I got my 400 back from repair and it works fine but now I have the same problem with one of the mars II 700 which I should get fix but cant since I need it to grow with now I am worried that the same thing will happen with the mars II 700 I just bought a few months ago

if they are just going to keep breaking every 6 months to a year I am better off getting a hps but since I am a small scale grower and only grow in a few small tents hps is not a good option for me that's why I use led in the first place

from what I can tell most of the problems seem to be coming from the lenses on the led's in the mars II and some but not very many of the reflector series

since the new mars pro series does not have the lenses on the led's I am hoping that might fix the problem that the mars II series is having

so now I am here with 3 mars II lights two of them are fine and one has the black led's of death going on but still works and will have to stay like that until I can get a new light or get it fixed or something

this is not me talking bad about mars hydro I really like there lights a lot I am just saying I am having problems with the mars II series and if you are going to get a mars hydro light I would say get one of the mars pro series if you can

p.s. sorry about the rant lol I am all pumped up on mountain dew and nice pure sativa that has me zooming

happy growing everyone

:circle-of-love:Hi db003, thanks for supporting us for all these years.:thanks:
We have unpgraded the lens.Mars Pro series does not use the lens,it will not have this kind of problem.:high-five:
And you are on Top2 of our First Mars-Hydro Cup:hippy:, you will probably get one Mars Pro II Epistar320 soon.You can try it and compare with the Mars II.:high-five:

I hope I do win the mars hydro cup that way I could do a test run with the mars pro II but I already know it will be a great light mars hydro is really a great company with great lights

:goodluck::green_heart::420::party:

Im sorry I may sound a little harsh, but design doesn't grow the plant :) If you're looking for something more designful, you basically pay for those engravings and every little "design" piece.
Please don't take this personally as this could be understood as a bad joke;]

I'm looking for something that don't burn out in 4 months. I grew 1 Crop and got a great yeild. But no matter how much it cost if it has a bad design it has a bad design, and I see that Mars does not want to accept that and neither do their peons but fact is fact there are way more cases with burnt out leds and just failed devices of the Mars ll series then Mars cares to admit. I'm not trying to be mean ttowards mars or am I saying they are a bad company in fact I ordered the pro Cree today and don't think I would buy any other led as tempting as they are. So please if you don't have anything constructive to add to mine and many others problems with the Mars ll series then stay out of it. This is not a joking matter. Thank God I have other means for light because if I would have put my faith in Mars and their 50,000 hour life they claim I would been screwed so it's not a joking matter. Thanks and peace and grow happy.

:circle-of-love:Hi TorturedSoul.I'm sorry for your sad story.But it's good to hear you again.Welcome come back.:high-five:
It's due to the lens. The lumen of the Epistar blue led chip has increased faster than the lens tech can handle, so it caused the problem. The chip is still lighting but the lens gets black. This year we have upgraded the lens.
We hold the First Mars-Hydro cup recently,and will held some other events soon, so you may still have the chance to try our light.:cheer:.Aagin ,welcome back.:cheer:

So Sara you are saying you guys know this is a problem but yet have really done nothing about it and are still selling these defective lights to hundreds of people? Because what you are saying about the blue diodes and the lens turning black that's what it looks like on a few of the blue. I don't mean. To sound mean or anything I am just trying to understand.
Thanks for always being here for us and dealing with us when we get frustrated you are a real trooper and a great person.

I hope I do win the mars hydro cup that way I could do a test run with the mars pro II but I already know it will be a great light mars hydro is really a great company with great lights

:goodluck::green_heart::420::party:

I agree I just think that the Mars ll Series needs a little more work. I am waiting on my little pro Cree. I should have went with my first thought in stead of the ll series and got the reflector series witch I still might get the 96x5 for a veg light. Hey just because I have had a hiccup with my Mars led does not mean in anyway do I think Mars is a bad company or has bad leds. Of course I am upset and going to rant a little but all in all I know and have see what Mars leds can do first hand.

Marshydro provide a good product at a good price,they give us with not so large wallets the chance to get a decent grow.They have a 100% satisfaction rate on eBay UK. I for 1 have not seen another company on eBay with 100%,

Things go wrong. The mark of a good Company is not how fast you recieve there product or how good the product is. The mark of a good company is how they treat you when things go wrong. When a question is asked about a problem or a criticism or a rant, Sara is there to help. And it is good help she provides. I think we are so lucky to have rep of Marshydro here that is so willing to deal with the problems. Just remember things go wrong and sometimes things take time.

Always have a plan B. :thumb:

I'm looking for something that don't burn out in 4 months. I grew 1 Crop and got a great yeild. But no matter how much it cost if it has a bad design it has a bad design, and I see that Mars does not want to accept that and neither do their peons but fact is fact there are way more cases with burnt out leds and just failed devices of the Mars ll series then Mars cares to admit. I'm not trying to be mean ttowards mars or am I saying they are a bad company in fact I ordered the pro Cree today and don't think I would buy any other led as tempting as they are. So please if you don't have anything constructive to add to mine and many others problems with the Mars ll series then stay out of it. This is not a joking matter. Thank God I have other means for light because if I would have put my faith in Mars and their 50,000 hour life they claim I would been screwed so it's not a joking matter. Thanks and peace and grow happy.

HA! Im growing happy! Peace to you too :D

I've just checked under my lamp, and I've got same fog build up. And I can guess that this fog buildup makes leds to burn out, because light can pass through, but heat is reflected back to diode, could this be an issue ? Im disassembling the unit for cleaning again.

Is the brown stuff you've discovered where the glass is glued onto the product, or where the LEDs are soldered? If the latter... Is there ANY possibility that the factory used the wrong type (acid-core used for plumbing instead of rosin-core used for wiring/electronics) of solder, presumably by mistake (perhaps a mistake by the entity that supplies solder to the factory)? I have always been told that using the acid-core for wiring/components was a BAD idea and that it could cause degradation somewhat similar to what happens when one uses a kerosene heater in spaces that contain electronics.

BtW, SmokeSara... I remember when you first joined the forum. I thought you had a great attitude and seemed genuinely interested in the growers' input. IIRC, you were thinking about allowing a few people to test your products at that time and I was considering asking you for a chance to do so. Alas, I became so paranoid when my nutrient sponsor had his computers seized(!!!) by the police that I got rid of EVERYTHING that had anything to do with cannabis and basically dug a hole, jumped into it, and pulled it shut behind me (including not visiting my favorite forum again for a few years :sad: ). So I did not even get the opportunity to, well, try for that opportunity ;) . I have seen sponsors come and go - and seen LED grow light sellers come and go, come to think of it. I am glad to see that you are not only still in business, you are also still a sponsor here (and as one who has over 10,000 posts, lol, a very active sponsor).

I see that you have several different models of lights. I have been trying to (ever so slowly) play catch-up by reading in the forums since my return, and see that your products have been effective in many people's grow rooms. Keep up the good work! I hope to one day be able to purchase some of your light panels and experience them for myself; unfortunately, since I am starting back from nothing, it will not be this year. One of these days....

Regards,

Hey glad to hear you got over your bad buzz. Here are two old school Dutch Skunk under Mars 1200 and Mars 144 x 5 . Th ey are in DWRC and using NPK, Silica and Cal Mag. Had a slow start from clone but flushed with HYDRO PEROX 35% . Finally they kicked in and 30 days into veg I have flipped to 12/12 with 15 min of 750 red nano spec LED to promote bud. The 144x5 is a little stretchier but seems to be holding its own with the 1200 60% of the amps of the 1200.
20160416_144354_1_.jpg
20160403_190831_1_.jpg

actually i checked today and it didn't work :( big tent had lamp on 100% 100% and was running 90f!

I raised the lights more now to see if it works.. i rather have it hanging high on full power than leting it go 30 or 40% and still get 80-85 f.
hope it works .. it seems like the light is really powerful but i can't really check it until i have par meter.

thanks for help guys

I say lose the tent. Unless you are in the desert.

Marshydro provide a good product at a good price,they give us with not so large wallets the chance to get a decent grow.They have a 100% satisfaction rate on eBay UK. I for 1 have not seen another company on eBay with 100%,

Things go wrong. The mark of a good Company is not how fast you recieve there product or how good the product is. The mark of a good company is how they treat you when things go wrong. When a question is asked about a problem or a criticism or a rant, Sara is there to help. And it is good help she provides. I think we are so lucky to have rep of Marshydro here that is so willing to deal with the problems. Just remember things go wrong and sometimes things take time.

Always have a plan B. :thumb:

Spoken like a true China man LOL. I have burned out blue diode as well on the 1200 which I ran 24-7 and should receive my care package from Mars Hydro soon. THe other 4 1200 are still pluggin away. I try to keep them under 80% humidty and 84F. Give em a 6 hour time out every 24 in veg. I'm thinking about removing the clear protective panel as it does get foggy. Right no I have a 1200 along side a 144x5 and the 144x5 seems to be holding its own and then some added stretch which is good for penetraion ,neh? (sorry if that sounded dirty , it is actually a DWRC grow.
20160403_190831_1_.jpg
20160416_144354_1_.jpg

Spoken like a true China man LOL. I have burned out blue diode as well on the 1200 which I ran 24-7 and should receive my care package from Mars Hydro soon. THe other 4 1200 are still pluggin away. I try to keep them under 80% humidty and 84F. Give em a 6 hour time out every 24 in veg. I'm thinking about removing the clear protective panel as it does get foggy. Right no I have a 1200 along side a 144x5 and the 144x5 seems to be holding its own and then some added stretch which is good for penetraion ,neh? (sorry if that sounded dirty , it is actually a DWRC grow.
20160403_190831_1_.jpg
20160416_144354_1_.jpg

You dirty mind you haha. Penetration lol

Back
Top Bottom