Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi Stoney Roads,I'm so sorry to hear that.That is the lens problem.We can send you the parts ,if you can repair it by yourself.We also have repair-center in US,if you need.:Namaste: we will give you a shipping label,then you can send it to the repair-center.
You can try our Mars Pro series ,it will be better than Mars II, because Mars Pro do not use lens and is better built-up :high-five:
20160414_094254.jpg
well I'm super shitty today woke up to find my Mars ll 1200 has a few burnt out leds. I have used it for 1 grow well 3 quarters of a grow. Well Sara please help I will pm you.

Ps it is a blue led that is out. I was so looking forward to using my Mars led for this grow. I know Sara has great customer service but I now question the build quality of Mars leds. There are to many cases reported of the Mars ll series with so many problems around the 6 month mark. I really hope. They figure out what the problem is. I also notice a build up of some brown looking tar like stuff around the connection of the leds to the board. I would have to bet that what ever they are using to glue the glass is what the problem is they need to completely get rid of that glass and glue and find another way to protect the leds

Pss. Well just got off the phone with my credit card company and they are offering me a full refund thank god. So i won't be stuck having to fix the light or wait for it to be sent out and sent back. I will be ordering a mars pro probably when the money is refunded to my card. Sara you are the only reason I am deciding to go with another Mars product. Because you have giving quality to Mars as a company. I just recommend talking to the techs and coming up with a solution to all the problems the Mars ll series has.

Re: Looking to test out some LED's to replace HPS

Hi SokinIT,::high-five:If you want to replace 1000W HPS,you need at least two lights.Mars Pro320 actual power consumption is760W,the Mars II 400 actual power consumption 177W.:high-five:you can use these two lights to replace your 1000w HPS.:high-five:
What Mars light is capable of the highest yield per light I'm looking to replace some 1000w hps and I normally yield about 1.1/4lb to 1.50lb and I've hit just over 2lb a couple time I don't expect them to do that but if I can get 1lb per light I which everything over any recommendations
Thanks I was hope along the Lines of just one light to able to replace just one not 3 light to replace one if I had to use 3 to replaced all 24 x3 that would be 72 lights lol that's a tad to many

Re: Looking to test out some LED's to replace HPS

:circle-of-love:HiJadedOne,thanks for you help.You really got a high yield for you crop.:cheer: Looking forward to see your grow journal:cheer:
I replaced a 1k HPS with 3 144x5 reflectors. I flowered on a overgrown unkempt crop to test the penetration and the density of the nugs
I still pulled in over a pound the buds a bit less dense but still very nice the smell and taste is incredible. I got a deal on multiple lights just ask Sara.
I will be starting a full cycle and grow journal soon... damn Post office..

Be Well
J D

Hi I like Cheese,
As your plants react good to your current distance,you can just keep it that way.:circle-of-love:
Usually our recommend hang distance from the canopy is : germination 24-30inches above the plants
veg:18-24 inches above the plants
flower:12-18 inches above the plants
You just need to adjust it according to your plants react,our recommendation is just for your reference.:high-five:
Question about height. I am vegging 4 plants under a marshydro 300w reflector light, and only running the vegging lights. It is about 35cm above my girls and all seems to going good. Is there an optimal height for this light for what I am doing?

For my flowering I am going to take it up a notch and a bought a reflector 192 which I will start using start or mid May. How high does this light need to be over my flowering girls?

Thanks in advance.

HiDensenug :circle-of-love:Yes we need take off the glass when we replace the leds.
I believe I will pull glass out of a few and see how they do, need to replace a few leds anyways and with glass out led replacement will be simple.:volcano-smiley:

Hi OttawaGreen,:high-five:thanks for supporting us, we will try our best to offer better grow light to everyone.:high-five:
My Mars 2 700 is ten months old and nothing burned out yet. I wonder how many hundreds have no problems. You only hear from the people with problems.

Thanks for making leds affordable. If not for Mars hydro everyone would still be complaining "led is way too expensive" haha Mars makes it cheaper than long term cost running hps.

Hi apeshot, Coco already send you the tracking No yestoday,please check. :high-five:
Every month we will sell thousands of lights ,and we keep the defective rate of our light under 3"°.:Namaste:

That sucks. You are one of the lucky ones who doesn't end up out-of-pocket for these defects.

I'll be removing the glass on mine if / when my spare parts finally arrive. So far it's been 35 days since apparently they were sent, and I'm still waiting.

I've gone with another Gavita 600w HPS, and will keep the Mars as a backup light in case of emergencies.

True maybe, but there are appears to be a lot of us with those burn out problems.

If it was a car company, they'd probably issue a recall.

:circle-of-love:Hi guys ,we have the list for our "The First Mars-Hydro Cup" please check out::cheer:
statistic.jpg

Aeroponic is on Top 1 by now, he got the most likes.triss420 is very close to Demso,triss420 may catch up Top5 before the dead line.So lets see what will happen.
If you guys want to join in the game,please hurry up,you still have the chance. The deadline is Aprill 23th. Please don't feel upset if you don't get the prize this time. Maybe next time we will run a contest for the Best Video or something else. Everyone still has the chance to get a present. We expect to watch more grow videos from you guys!:420:

hey you forgot to mention me I am in second place! good luck everyone

I also notice a build up of some brown looking tar like stuff around the connection of the leds to the board. I would have to bet that what ever they are using to glue the glass is what the problem is they need to completely get rid of that glass and glue and find another way to protect the leds

Is the brown stuff you've discovered where the glass is glued onto the product, or where the LEDs are soldered? If the latter... Is there ANY possibility that the factory used the wrong type (acid-core used for plumbing instead of rosin-core used for wiring/electronics) of solder, presumably by mistake (perhaps a mistake by the entity that supplies solder to the factory)? I have always been told that using the acid-core for wiring/components was a BAD idea and that it could cause degradation somewhat similar to what happens when one uses a kerosene heater in spaces that contain electronics.

BtW, SmokeSara... I remember when you first joined the forum. I thought you had a great attitude and seemed genuinely interested in the growers' input. IIRC, you were thinking about allowing a few people to test your products at that time and I was considering asking you for a chance to do so. Alas, I became so paranoid when my nutrient sponsor had his computers seized(!!!) by the police that I got rid of EVERYTHING that had anything to do with cannabis and basically dug a hole, jumped into it, and pulled it shut behind me (including not visiting my favorite forum again for a few years :sad: ). So I did not even get the opportunity to, well, try for that opportunity ;) . I have seen sponsors come and go - and seen LED grow light sellers come and go, come to think of it. I am glad to see that you are not only still in business, you are also still a sponsor here (and as one who has over 10,000 posts, lol, a very active sponsor).

I see that you have several different models of lights. I have been trying to (ever so slowly) play catch-up by reading in the forums since my return, and see that your products have been effective in many people's grow rooms. Keep up the good work! I hope to one day be able to purchase some of your light panels and experience them for myself; unfortunately, since I am starting back from nothing, it will not be this year. One of these days....

Regards,

Is the brown stuff you've discovered where the glass is glued onto the product, or where the LEDs are soldered? If the latter... Is there ANY possibility that the factory used the wrong type (acid-core used for plumbing instead of rosin-core used for wiring/electronics) of solder, presumably by mistake (perhaps a mistake by the entity that supplies solder to the factory)? I have always been told that using the acid-core for wiring/components was a BAD idea and that it could cause degradation somewhat similar to what happens when one uses a kerosene heater in spaces that contain electronics.

BtW, SmokeSara... I remember when you first joined the forum. I thought you had a great attitude and seemed genuinely interested in the growers' input. IIRC, you were thinking about allowing a few people to test your products at that time and I was considering asking you for a chance to do so. Alas, I became so paranoid when my nutrient sponsor had his computers seized(!!!) by the police that I got rid of EVERYTHING that had anything to do with cannabis and basically dug a hole, jumped into it, and pulled it shut behind me (including not visiting my favorite forum again for a few years :sad: ). So I did not even get the opportunity to, well, try for that opportunity ;) . I have seen sponsors come and go - and seen LED grow light sellers come and go, come to think of it. I am glad to see that you are not only still in business, you are also still a sponsor here (and as one who has over 10,000 posts, lol, a very active sponsor).

I see that you have several different models of lights. I have been trying to (ever so slowly) play catch-up by reading in the forums since my return, and see that your products have been effective in many people's grow rooms. Keep up the good work! I hope to one day be able to purchase some of your light panels and experience them for myself; unfortunately, since I am starting back from nothing, it will not be this year. One of these days....

Regards,

Yeah it's like where the led diodes connect to the board.

Morning farmthekush:cheer: i'm glad to hear that you find a way to solve the problem.:cheer:
Air-circulation-system is very important for controlling the temperature inside the tent.:high-five:

actually i checked today and it didn't work :( big tent had lamp on 100% 100% and was running 90f!

I raised the lights more now to see if it works.. i rather have it hanging high on full power than leting it go 30 or 40% and still get 80-85 f.
hope it works .. it seems like the light is really powerful but i can't really check it until i have par meter.

thanks for help guys

No a old 300 Watt model is not enough for 5 plants in a 80cmx80cm. You need I wwould say at least a Mars ll 900 or a 2 96x5s

:circle-of-love:
:circle-of-love:Our recommend hanging distance from canopy :germination 24-30inches above the plants
veg:18-24 inches above the plants
flower:12-18 inches above the plants
Everyone has their own opinions,and every plant is unique ,you just need to adjust it to a better distance according to their react. :Namaste:
We usually choose the light based on the size of your grow space,it's more accurate.
Our mars hydro 300w true @ 120 classic light coverage is 45x45cm, so you can add more light.:Namaste:

Thank you guys :)

Sooo, just learnt the formula and realised i been running way under par for watts. Read it before when i was researching growing but didnt take to much into it as was so much else i was focusing on and at that time the space i have wasn't going to be so big..

ok so turns out im using aprox 27w a foot within the 6.75 foot of space , 36w with them bunched up in back of tent

anyways just got off ebay and another mars hydro 300w light on its way - not ideal as would like to step up to one of the pro or II series but as im just starting out and already forked out for the first one, side by side should do the trick...

should give me aprox 41w overall, and 58w with the 5 12l/3gallon pots pushed up the back . much better i think

Will have to see what the girls reckon

I agree the defect rate for the Mars 2 is too high. With this many problems can you
stock replacement parts in your international warehouses? If people could get their replacement parts in a couple days then that would be much better.
I don't mind a little soldering that's no problem but the other guy is correct 35 days is outrageous.

A question to help understand the problem: do you guys with all of the failed LED units have UPS protection on them? I use that on mine to prevent power surges from affecting them. Maybe that is why I have zero problems with all of my LEDs even the ones I've had for years.
I am using a APC brand Smart UPS that is $400 or so regular that was on sale for $199. All power for leds is filtered and cleaned up by the ups and power for all pumps has battery backup to keep the water flowing.

A question to help understand the problem: do you guys with all of the failed LED units have UPS protection on them? I use that on mine to prevent power surges from affecting them. Maybe that is why I have zero problems with all of my LEDs even the ones I've had for years.
I am using a APC brand Smart UPS that is $400 or so regular that was on sale for $199. All power for leds is filtered and cleaned up by the ups and power for all pumps has battery backup to keep the water flowing.

Yes I use a like 150 Dollar power protector. So i doubt that's it. I truly believe it is the new ll series with the switches at least that's what it seems like to me. I feel mars has dropped the ball a little with quality production on the ll series. Very bad design

Yes I use a like 150 Dollar power protector. So i doubt that's it. I truly believe it is the new ll series with the switches at least that's what it seems like to me. I feel mars has dropped the ball a little with quality production on the ll series. Very bad design

Im sorry I may sound a little harsh, but design doesn't grow the plant :) If you're looking for something more designful, you basically pay for those engravings and every little "design" piece.
Please don't take this personally as this could be understood as a bad joke;]

I have to agree with you I own 3 mars II led's and dont get me wrong I love them but I am having problems

my first one was a mars II 400 I did a whole grow with it and was fine my second light was a mars II 700 I got that one about 6 months after I got my 400 it worked great for about another 6 months then right when I bought my third mars II it was another 700 by the way my mars II 400 had some of the led's lenses burn black this is after almost a year of use with that light and a little over six months with the mars II 700 that started to have the same problem

I got in contact with mars hydro and they said they would fix it for me so I sent it out to get fixed and just my luck as soon as I got my new mars II 700 my other mars II 700 started to get the same problem and this was only about six months use with that one

I got my 400 back from repair and it works fine but now I have the same problem with one of the mars II 700 which I should get fix but cant since I need it to grow with now I am worried that the same thing will happen with the mars II 700 I just bought a few months ago

if they are just going to keep breaking every 6 months to a year I am better off getting a hps but since I am a small scale grower and only grow in a few small tents hps is not a good option for me that's why I use led in the first place

from what I can tell most of the problems seem to be coming from the lenses on the led's in the mars II and some but not very many of the reflector series

since the new mars pro series does not have the lenses on the led's I am hoping that might fix the problem that the mars II series is having

so now I am here with 3 mars II lights two of them are fine and one has the black led's of death going on but still works and will have to stay like that until I can get a new light or get it fixed or something

this is not me talking bad about mars hydro I really like there lights a lot I am just saying I am having problems with the mars II series and if you are going to get a mars hydro light I would say get one of the mars pro series if you can

p.s. sorry about the rant lol I am all pumped up on mountain dew and nice pure sativa that has me zooming

happy growing everyone

Hi farmthekush,Usually the light will not release too much hot, but as you already tried several different methods to reduce the heat inside of your tent, you can try to raise the light higher and see it will help or not.:Namaste:
actually i checked today and it didn't work :( big tent had lamp on 100% 100% and was running 90f!

I raised the lights more now to see if it works.. i rather have it hanging high on full power than leting it go 30 or 40% and still get 80-85 f.
hope it works .. it seems like the light is really powerful but i can't really check it until i have par meter.

thanks for help guys

Back
Top Bottom