Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

does that mean my mars 300w is not enough for my 5 plants in a 80cmx80x160 environment as im led to believe it runs a true 120w

also as per my post above , what is the correct distance it should be from plants during veg and flower. just finding conflicting posts online.

many thanks in advance all :)

No a old 300 Watt model is not enough for 5 plants in a 80cmx80cm. You need I wwould say at least a Mars ll 900 or a 2 96x5s

Still waiting for replacements parts for my Mars II 1200w to arrive. Many burnt out LEDs after less than a year of use in normal temps with a dedicated fan blowing over it the entire time.

According to Mars Hydro the parts were originally sent on 11th March, it's now the 14th April.

I sent COCO an email 10 days ago asking for an update and never heard anything back.

So it's been almost five weeks and I'm still without a resolution on my "warranty" job.

DSCN1318_Small_.JPG
DSCN1319_Small_.JPG
DSCN1316_Small_.JPG
DSCN1317_Small_.JPG

Morning farmthekush:cheer: i'm glad to hear that you find a way to solve the problem.:cheer:
Air-circulation-system is very important for controlling the temperature inside the tent.:high-five:
Sara!

ty so much !

I think fixing the carbon filter beside the led helped a bit.. not too much in the small tent but temps on the bigger one are good now at 78.
its also a cold day so maybe that's that as well..

I noticed in the smaller tent that many pistils get burnt .. maybe because the led is too strong :D
so i will have to raise it anyway i guess to make everything better there.. will report back !

:high-five:Yes i think your can change it.Our recommend hanging distance from canopy is 18-30inches.
But our recommendation is only for your reference,every plant is unique:yummy:As you said your girls didn't react good,so you need to adjust it to a better distance according to the react of your girls:cheer:
Found old posts about this distance issue! someone says the 1200 is an overkill for 4x4... so maybe i can still hang it at 36inches?

Still waiting for replacements parts for my Mars II 1200w to arrive. Many burnt out LEDs after less than a year of use in normal temps with a dedicated fan blowing over it the entire time.

According to Mars Hydro the parts were originally sent on 11th March, it's now the 14th April.

I sent COCO an email 10 days ago asking for an update and never heard anything back.

So it's been almost five weeks and I'm still without a resolution on my "warranty" job.

DSCN1318_Small_.JPG
DSCN1319_Small_.JPG
DSCN1316_Small_.JPG
DSCN1317_Small_.JPG
Sorry to hear about ape!! I know it has to be frustrating. . Maybe you should try to deal with sara . My driver went out on my pro epi 160 . And sara handled business. I received my driver Monday . So it took 5 days total from the time I told her about it. Again I'm sorry you having to deal with this .

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

My older 600w 120x5w had a couple LED's out and two rows not working. Sophia worked with me trying to troubleshoot it but offered to repair it when I could not find the fault.I shipped the light and Sophia will ship it back when it is repaired, I have been very pleased with their warranty and quick service. Sorry to hear of your problems and hope it is repaired soon.

Hi ottawaGreen,:bravo:thanks for your help.We just need to choose the better distance for those beautiful girls:smokin:
That Mars 2 1200 light only puts out 515w, I would not call that overkill for 16 square feet. That is only 35w per square foot. Lots of us prefer 80w plus per square foot.
As for how close to use it, I would recommend it be as close as it can be while still covering the whole area. No need to use any arbitrary distance provided by someone with a different setup. If it bleaches the tips or burns leaves move it up slightly until it doesn't. Lights far away is not optimal, especially with only 35w/sq ft

:circle-of-love:
:circle-of-love:Our recommend hanging distance from canopy :germination 24-30inches above the plants
veg:18-24 inches above the plants
flower:12-18 inches above the plants
Everyone has their own opinions,and every plant is unique ,you just need to adjust it to a better distance according to their react. :Namaste:
We usually choose the light based on the size of your grow space,it's more accurate.
Our mars hydro 300w true @ 120 classic light coverage is 45x45cm, so you can add more light.:Namaste:
im conflicted , have read so many diff opinions and was just recently told that i prob should be lowering my lights...

What distance should my mars hydro 300w true @ 120 classic light be from my plants. im sure manufacturers recommendation was between 18-30 depending on veg and flower

I currently have them at just above 20 and am at 5 weeks on an auto grow. Would hate to be harming any final yields. any help would be great.

also the area covered is 80cmx80x160. if it is that i just need more light i have either a tru generic 50w ufo i can use as well 2 80w daylight cls

Thanks in advance for all your help
does that mean my mars 300w is not enough for my 5 plants in a 80cmx80x160 environment as im led to believe it runs a true 120w

also as per my post above , what is the correct distance it should be from plants during veg and flower. just finding conflicting posts online.

many thanks in advance all :)

:bravo:Soon they will impress you more with their beautiful "face":smokin:
20160413_151226.jpg
another update. Girls are doing great. We are at day 11 above ground. I am impressed with the speed of growth.

:high-five:Please be confident, your girls looks great right now.:cheer:For sure you can take good care of them:cheer:
Yeah they are looking good. I am worried I might stunt the growth if I mess anything up lol

:high-five:i agree with you, old 300Watt is not enough.Mars II700 is enough
No a old 300 Watt model is not enough for 5 plants in a 80cmx80cm. You need I wwould say at least a Mars ll 900 or a 2 96x5s

Hi Spydr,we have warehouse in Canada.
If you need to purchase light,please send mail to info@mars-hydro.com .In order to avoid any delays in reading your mail,Please named the subject as-:420 magazine+which light you needed +your name.My colleague will answer you as soon as possible.:high-five:
Hello Smoke Sarah.

Is there any stoke located in Canada? Looking for the marspro Epistar 320. Thanks!

Hi apeshot,i'm sorry to hear that.I asked coco about your issue,we already send the parts to you twice, and they will send it again,:high-five:hope you can receive it safely this time:Namaste:.And also coco did answer your email,maybe it went to your junk mail box.She will check and send you email again.:high-five:(The leds are small, so they will be put into an envelope,not package)

DSCN1318_Small_.JPG
DSCN1319_Small_.JPG
DSCN1316_Small_.JPG
DSCN1317_Small_.JPG

:thanks:thanks for you help.:high-five:you are so kind to me
Sorry to hear about ape!! I know it has to be frustrating. . Maybe you should try to deal with sara . My driver went out on my pro epi 160 . And sara handled business. I received my driver Monday . So it took 5 days total from the time I told her about it. Again I'm sorry you having to deal with this .

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

:circle-of-love:Hi Neil74.Thanks for your help.We will try our best:Namaste:
My older 600w 120x5w had a couple LED's out and two rows not working. Sophia worked with me trying to troubleshoot it but offered to repair it when I could not find the fault.I shipped the light and Sophia will ship it back when it is repaired, I have been very pleased with their warranty and quick service. Sorry to hear of your problems and hope it is repaired soon.

A few pics of my Dark Dragon ladys under my Mars Pro Epistar 160LED

IMG_264210.JPG
IMG_264119.JPG
IMG_264011.JPG
IMG_264414.JPG
IMG_264712.JPG

Back
Top Bottom