Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Hi solareclipse,
I think our reflcetor have better power consumption:
reflector 96 Power Consumption:120V:207W±5%, 240V: 203W±5%
reflcetor 144 Power Consumption:120V:317W±5%, 240V: 311W±5%
As i know that custom clearance is not easy in Greece,the cost for the custom clearance is high ,so may be it's better from local.:circle-of-love:
helo i mail to mars hydro to order a led ....mars reflector 144 or 2x96...i want them for 2-3 the most plants...but the girl told me i probably have custom problems..can u tell me what kind of problems r those?greek custom...and how to slve them out...i try to buy led grow lights more than a month but from what i read everybody disagree with others...noone agree with others.every one think they have the best ideas and cant decide...i found and another one from a local shop with tgis .....
Features
80 x 3 high power LEDs ideal for growing
healthy plants indoors
100~265 VAC operation with 132 True Watts
7-band spectrum: Red, Blue, Orange, White, IR, & UV LEDs
Features
Includes built in 120mm replaceable cooling fan, LED
drivers, and 6' grounded power cord & wire hanging kit
Designed to stimulate plant growth by emitting an
electromagnetic 7-band spectrum ideal for photosynthesis:
- 660nm - Deep Red for Chlorophyll A
- 630nm - Bright Red for Chlorophyll B
- 460nm - Bright Blue for Chlorophyll B
- 430nm - Deep Blue for Chlorophyll
- 390nm - UV Light + 850-IR for Vigor and Mold Prevention
- 10k - White Spectrum for Explosive Growth

shall i buy it?
only for 2-3 plants..mostly autoflowering.
thank u

Hi farmthekush :circle-of-love: Thanks for sharing your ''growth journal''with us.We also can learn a lot of things from your experience, so that other ones can avoid it.:high-five:
"We share,we learn",I think that's why many ppl like to share and discuss here.:bravo:And i think all we hope is that you can find a good solution for your girls .:circle-of-love:
And i can see that you had already tried several different ways to make a better adjustment for your girls.Hope this time will work.And please keep us updated,i'd like to see them happy:cheer:
You all inspired me so much.. its nice to see people that care about your grow and its well-being.:Namaste:

for now I've lowered the intensitiy to max 45 at peak times and it seems to be fine .. small tent getting more heat but that's because the led is closer and tent is tighter to the 320 heat sinks.

temps outside are 16-19 or even lower because its night and its fine at dark but once the led starts kicking in the heat starts going up..
I found a leak and fixed it but i don't think such a small hole would effect everything that badly..

I also lowered the carbon filter really close to the side of the 320 hoping it will fix the heat issuses.. will report later today if it worked lowering anything. :thumb:

so what height is optimal for flowering? im in week 4 now and the 320 over the sours is 25 inches over the top.
i might have to buy an a/c if i have to lower it more cause the plants can't stand the heat anymore and development is slow

Hi volcomr , you can send mail and photo to info@mars-hydro.com.In order to avoid any delays in reading your mail,Please namd the subject as-: 420 magazine+item NO+name.I will answer you there .:high-five:
Hi SmokeSara,
I'm having some trouble with my mars II 400w light, to which Email I can write more about this with details and photos?

Hi GlitchedOut,:circle-of-love:Thanks for supporting us.Hope your girls have a happy growing with Mars Hydro.:high-five:
Ann is a nice girl:circle-of-love: Once you choose Mars-Hydro, we will try our best to offer you our good service.:high-five:

Just thought I would stop by and thank the Mars Hydro team :thumb: I received my 96x5 reflector a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't be happier! Had a few problems with ordering directly from the web site, but Ann was able to make sure I received the light I wanted and answered all my questions almost immediately. Customer service is top notch in my books!! Cannot wait to order my second 96x5 :thanks:

:thanks:Thanks for your help.:high-five: And i agree with you .
I would think that light couldn't be more than 150 actual watts which wouldn't be good for 3 flowering plants . Maybe enough to veg maybe

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

How many actual watts is the led ?? And I would talk to sara when she gets on and see what she has to say about your customs ..

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

do u mean the one fro mars?i was thinking for 2x96 but i said on mail 1x144 reflectormars....if u mean the other from local shop is 240 watttts....
thank u

:circle-of-love:Based on the high custom clearance costs in your country,i suggested you buy from local.I consulted my manager ,she gave me an idea: if you have any friends in European Union country where you are available to drive to take,we can try to send it there.:high-five:
helo i mail to mars hydro to order a led ....mars reflector 144 or 2x96...i want them for 2-3 the most plants...but the girl told me i probably have custom problems..can u tell me what kind of problems r those?greek custom...and how to slve them out...i try to buy led grow lights more than a month but from what i read everybody disagree with others...noone agree with others.every one think they have the best ideas and cant decide...i found and another one from a local shop with tgis .....
Features
80 x 3 high power LEDs ideal for growing
healthy plants indoors
100~265 VAC operation with 132 True Watts
7-band spectrum: Red, Blue, Orange, White, IR, & UV LEDs
Features
Includes built in 120mm replaceable cooling fan, LED
drivers, and 6' grounded power cord & wire hanging kit
Designed to stimulate plant growth by emitting an
electromagnetic 7-band spectrum ideal for photosynthesis:
- 660nm - Deep Red for Chlorophyll A
- 630nm - Bright Red for Chlorophyll B
- 460nm - Bright Blue for Chlorophyll B
- 430nm - Deep Blue for Chlorophyll
- 390nm - UV Light + 850-IR for Vigor and Mold Prevention
- 10k - White Spectrum for Explosive Growth

shall i buy it?
only for 2-3 plants..mostly autoflowering.
thank u

:circle-of-love:Based on the high custom clearance costs in your country,i suggested you buy from local.I consulted my manager ,she gave me an idea: if you have any friends in European Union country where you are available to drive to take,we can try to send it there.:high-five:

wow!!!i read too many about mars ...here in the greek forum hey all call it trash,,,that was the excact word they used...i want it to get from mars to show them they r wrong..but the custom f me up...the problem is i dont trust the local stuff..anyway...thank u very much...i will try to find a way or another product.thanks a lot

It's more accurate to recommend right light according to the size of your growing area.:high-five:
ok thank u...would u mind to tell me which from mars to buy for 2-3 plants ?veg and bloom.
/?thanks

:Namaste:I'm sorry about the custom issue.It's interesting that we seldom sell the lights to Greece, how come so many people seem to use our lights there... I believe you will find a good way out:Namaste:
wow!!!i read too many about mars ...here in the greek forum hey all call it trash,,,that was the excact word they used...i want it to get from mars to show them they r wrong..but the custom f me up...the problem is i dont trust the local stuff..anyway...thank u very much...i will try to find a way or another product.thanks a lot

Sara!

ty so much !

I think fixing the carbon filter beside the led helped a bit.. not too much in the small tent but temps on the bigger one are good now at 78.
its also a cold day so maybe that's that as well..

I noticed in the smaller tent that many pistils get burnt .. maybe because the led is too strong :D
so i will have to raise it anyway i guess to make everything better there.. will report back !

I use a 1200 in a 4 foot by 4 foot tent, it is a bit of overkill, so be good for you, but you could do one size smaller and be fine too. Same for both veg and flower.

I have a question to anyone using the mars II 1200 for flowering... how much space are you putting between the top of your plant canopy and the light itself? I have read for seedings 2 ft, but I hardly think that would be efficient for flowering. Is 6 inches too little? What is the optimal distance to place? Thank you!

So far I am putting lights at about 6'6" and then letting plants grow up to light. So I have my seedlings 5 feet away and they not stretching. I think 2 feet is even to close for flowering with the 5w diodes.

Correct 2 ft is way to close for seedlings, drdank said its best to mount LEDs to the ceiling and let the grow to the light. I think for flowering plants you want 24-36 inches depending on your light.

I had my 3W reflector light ~ 10-12" from some plants and burned the crap out of them. That will be way too close with 5W diodes. Didn't your light come with a paper inside saying the optimal distance?

no paper, just coupons. That being said, I ran my seedlings at a distance of 2 ft from the light and they are fine and healthy. I didnt notice any burn whatsoever. If anything, the plants are just much more bushy and squat(mars II 900w in 4x4 tent). I have a couple of plants that I have put into 12/12 flowering(mars II 1200w area 51spec) with a distance of 7 inches, but based on the feedback will move them up.. it maybe what has been stunting their growth vertically.

Found old posts about this distance issue! someone says the 1200 is an overkill for 4x4... so maybe i can still hang it at 36inches?

That Mars 2 1200 light only puts out 515w, I would not call that overkill for 16 square feet. That is only 35w per square foot. Lots of us prefer 80w plus per square foot.
As for how close to use it, I would recommend it be as close as it can be while still covering the whole area. No need to use any arbitrary distance provided by someone with a different setup. If it bleaches the tips or burns leaves move it up slightly until it doesn't. Lights far away is not optimal, especially with only 35w/sq ft

im conflicted , have read so many diff opinions and was just recently told that i prob should be lowering my lights...

What distance should my mars hydro 300w true @ 120 classic light be from my plants. im sure manufacturers recommendation was between 18-30 depending on veg and flower

I currently have them at just above 20 and am at 5 weeks on an auto grow. Would hate to be harming any final yields. any help would be great.

also the area covered is 80cmx80x160. if it is that i just need more light i have either a tru generic 50w ufo i can use as well 2 80w daylight cls

Thanks in advance for all your help

20160413_151226.jpg
another update. Girls are doing great. We are at day 11 above ground. I am impressed with the speed of growth.

:thanks:Thanks for your help.:high-five: And i agree with you .

does that mean my mars 300w is not enough for my 5 plants in a 80cmx80x160 environment as im led to believe it runs a true 120w

also as per my post above , what is the correct distance it should be from plants during veg and flower. just finding conflicting posts online.

many thanks in advance all :)

Back
Top Bottom