Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi fanleaf,how are your plants these days?:thanks:
FV=6V-7V
FC=700mA
7v X 0.7= 4.9 watts.

They dont drive them near that hard though. Pretty much any LED is limited by how cool you can keep them.

I dont know what Mars drives them at but my guess would be 6.6v at maybe 500mA for 3.3w at most would be my guess.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You mean you put the glasses out side of your phone?:goodjob:
I just put my glasses over the lens of my camera

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:goodjob::circle-of-love:
Also guys I made a new auto growers club as beast has left 420 and 420 closed all his thread so this will be temp if he returns or perm if he doesn't for all auto growers on 420 .

Here's what Mars LEDs do .. from this
420-magazine-mobile1317191327.jpg
to this in just a tad over a week and a few days !
420-magazine-mobile559088501.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1518473664.jpg

And they do it very well ! I use Mars II 900w X 2 .....

Hi Omega Man,how are you recently?:high-five:
The diodes run at 60% their max rating, that is for efficiency and cooling management. If they get hot from too much current then a LED will pop causing a string of them to go dark on the panel.

Sorry to hear about beast, when I was lurking here I saw he just got sponsored not too long ago. Oh well :tokin:

High Sarah :nicethread:

Sent from my Crapple Icrap phone

:circle-of-love:If you want to buy a Mars II 1600,i recommend you go with Mars Pro II Epistar 320,it with better built-up than Mars II 1600. Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro
The quantity of plants in your tent will depends on the size of your plant,but i think 4plants in a 5'x5' tent will be ok.:high-five:
I was looking at buying in th88e near future the Mars II 1600 for a 5 x 5 x 6.5 tent they sell.

How many plants do you all think could be fully grown without any issues of light and space in a tent that size. I was thinking 4 plants.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Yeah,it's a big tent:goodjob:
You can have anywhere from 1 huge plant to many many very small plants, it all comes down to how you intend to grow and what you want to achieve with your growing.
Soil, coco or hydro? Autos or photoperiod? How fast turn around do you want? What regulations are you under?

In that size tent, growing in soil, I would grow 4 (pretty big) plants in 7 gal. - 10 gal. pots, or 9 medium sized plants in 3 gal. - 4 gal. pots.

Happy growing :Namaste:

:goodjob:You are a licenced Medicinal cannabis user.Will there be a limited of how many plants you can grower in total?:Namaste:
I would use soil and autoflowering and would like a 3-4 month turn around.

But i probably use 5-7 gallon smart pots.

We upgraded all of our lights from 3w to 5w now.:cheer:
I knew that the newer models have five watt diodes, before posting in this thread...again.

Since I do not post on this particular forum very often, you more than likely do not know. I, personally, happen to have an older 48 diode panel that was built with three watt diodes.

:circle-of-love:Hi Kip22,You mean you want to add another light to your 2.5'x2.5' tent,right?
You can go with Mars II 400 Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro
Mars II and Reflector series are with better built-up than Mars 600.Mars II and Reflector series install with IR diodes,and they are switchable,which Mars 600 do not.:high-five:
Looking for some advice on which Mars light to buy and maybe a coupon code too!

I've got a 2.5X2.5 sq ft X 5 ft high room. Currently I'm using an apollo180 UFO and 4 CFL bulbs which isn't quite enough.

Here is what I'm looking at running standalone
:
Mars II 400,

Mars reflector 96,

or Mars 600.

Or just add a Mars300 and use both that and the apollo. I do like the idea of running 2 light just in case.

I think any of these would do the job okay. From a cost perspective adding the Mars300 is less than half price. The other three for standalone are all within $50 so no biggie. Which one is the better light for my space and will produce better yields?

:thanks:

We got the coverage at the height of 18",with both switches on.:high-five:If you hang the light higher,the coverage will be bigger.:high-five:
The mars website says the Mars II 400 is good for 2.5X2.5 in flower? Most of the LED manufactures fudge their numbers quite a bit but I thought Mars was more reliable for this?

Thanks for the fast reply. I was leaning towards the 96.

:goodjob: plants always like more lights.:thanks:
I would go with the 700w. I got a 400w in a 2x2 an i don't really see it covering an extra half foot on the sides plus you would have a total of 6.25ftsq so with the 700w you're looking at about 48w/sqft which would be awesome for flower.

Mars Pro II Epistar series are the best light among our lights now,you will like it,everyone will like it.:volcano-smiley:
What I also thought buddy, what are your opinions regarding the Pro 120?

:goodjob:It's a good plan.By this way,every a/half month can harvest.:cheer:
Autos usually don't grow very big, and probably won't fill out much more than half a 7 gallon smart pot.
I think you might be able to cram in 9 of the 5 gallon smart pots.

If I were to run a perpetual auto setup that size, I would have 9 or 12 plants in there.

Most autos finish in around 12 weeks from seed, don't believe the breeders 8-10 weeks promise.
Once a plant is harvested you plant a new and after some time growing plants with different finish times you'll have a plant ready for harvest every 14-30 days, which is a lot easier than having one big harvest every 3 months.

Humm...you have limits...you can take your time with your plants...you may flowering them longer...:volcano-smiley:
Thanks for the info that is more good knowledge too like the rest on here.

My issue would my storage limit once approved to grow my own for medical purposes my limit would be around 2.5 pounds of course i would be smoking and vaping while next grow is done, so for me every 3 months big grow is ok unless i smoke a pound a month :)

You may consider about the Mars Pro II Epistar 160 or 80...(the Mars Pro II Epistar80,you have to wait a while...)
The par value really isn't the most impressive to be honest and the coverage area as well. If you're thinking of expanding or getting a bigger area. The 900w look great personally I'm thinking of another 400w lately and basically copying the same setup i got now.
60x60
400w series 2
187m3/h extractor
200m3/h carbon filter
Clip fan
would be awesome for a small veg tent could even use the reflector48

May i know why you want to change other lights? You can upgrade to our Mars Pro II series,and we have more size for it now.:cheer:
If I had to upgrade I would go with a different LED company. Since they offer good deals. Not gonna mention it here but think it would be more beneficial and I can have a bigger grow space

Back
Top Bottom